[ROM] [29-07] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.8.3 Froyo! - HEADING FOR 2.0

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest ArcherFasting

i really like this rom and am waiting for it to head to 2.0.

so, yes, id like to have it final!

x2

So much has gone into this ROM. Would be a shame if it doesn't make it to the final stage :o

Feels so close!!

What would be amazing is having tethering on this ROM!!! :rolleyes:

Guest ROMan0

Anyone needs this rom to be made final?

To be honest, I'm now on WB's GB ROM and waiting for IRIS GB to get the perfect shape of 1.8.3. Don't want to leave GB anymore.

Anyway, the last months with your MIUI Froyo ROM was very interesting and it made my X10 a real smart phone.

Beer4Trip!

Guest magicyoda

If GB MIUI becomes as fast as this, I would change to GB, but till now, it seems that this FROYO MIUI is offering me the best performances.. :-)

Guest marcjuh2811

hey trip

of corse it has to be made finale..

that way you can close this 1 for sure ;)

that only leaves 1 promiss left before you go and rebuild the sensation ;)

would like to have a smooth and fast rom while playing with the GGB-iris :rolleyes:

my 2 cents

Guest bolinoy

i really like this rom and am waiting for it to head to 2.0.

so, yes, id like to have it final!

count me in +100...

if froyo will have same theme manager features as GB, i might stick to this froyo for good... rolleyes.gif

but i'm still hoping for the further development of GB, more power Trip!

Edited by bolinoy

Guest Qazt3r

It would have been really nice if you complete it. I will probably run it as long as I have my X10 left...

Thanks Trip

Edited by Qazt3r

Guest Dagna

Hey Trip. I would love to see this in Final version, if it is not yet, I mean. BB71 sucks. Codec is terrible, in-call volume having issues as well. If SE can't fix that or someone make a 'breakthrough' on codec and volume, I would love to go back to FROYO on BB67. I am currently on BB71 GB 1.2.1 and am loving it except music and volume (BB related).

Cheers

Guest Guillermo Saad

ME!!!! please We want the final version......

Thanks Trip, for everything....

Guillo

Guest murada07

Please make it final... gingerbread is not working properly on my x10a :((( all-time reboots when the sim card is inserted.

Edited by murada07

Guest JoWannes

Do want! Tried your latest GB rom for 2 days, but I have troubles with the most essential features: calls and sms's (I'm on BB .71)...

So, went back to this rom, which is pretty awesome and stable.

I don't know what you planned for the 'final' release, but in fact, you should do it! ;)

Edited by JoWannes

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jerryisback

I registered on modaco to answer that question : YES - make it final please. this rom is nearly perfect!

Guest Nightwishh

Last time i install a new ROM while i`m at work. I have done the following: factory reset, clear cache, clear Dalvik cache, format system+data and installed Trip`s rom. Now my phone is in a bootloop and recovery is not working ( sdcard not ready blabla ). So i need to flash it but lol, i`m at work and i dont have flash tools on the PC at the office :D.

I`ll just have to use no phone untill i get home ( 6 hours ) :(.

Guest Nightwishh

You know that this rom is not available for bb71 and the new semc kernel right? This can only be used with 2.1 kernel.

Actualy, i missed that part :).

Can you tell me what to do when i get home in order to install your rom? Kernel downgrade to 2.1, flash bb 67 then try to install the rom through xrecovery? Is this ok?

Thanks,

Guest TripNRaVeR

Actualy, i missed that part :).

Can you tell me what to do when i get home in order to install your rom? Kernel downgrade to 2.1, flash bb 67 then try to install the rom through xrecovery? Is this ok?

Thanks,

If you have adb installed on the computer and some other roms from me with you then you dont have to reflash.

bb67 is not needed, only semc 2.1 kernel and then it will work

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest Nightwishh

Actualy, i dont have adb installed at work... I`ll flash 2.1 and install when i get home, thanks for the help.

Ok, i have managed to install the rom... First impressions: very smooth and responsive. No issues with wifi so far... FPS seems to be caped.

Thx alot Trip, i love it and i`ll try to use it as my daily..

Edited by Nightwishh

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 1eyedmonster

Hope someone can help me! I'm currently on trips TRIP'n'MIUI 1.8.26 AND TRIED MANY OTHER MIUI ROMS BUT NONE COME CLOSE TO TRIPS THE DILEMMA I HAVE IS I USED TO USE TRIPS FROYO ROM WHICH WAS VERY STABLE COMPARED TO THE GINGERBREAD ONE EVEN THOUGH HIS IS BY FAR THE MOST STABLE GNARLED I AM WONDERING IS THERE A PATCH I CAN USE TO INSTALL THE FROYO ON THE GB KERNEL AND BASEBAND AND DOES THE CURRENT FROYO ROM HAVE FLASH ON THE MIUI CAMERA I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE TRIPS WORK AS HE IS AN AWESOME DEV CAN ANYONE HELP ME I KNOW IT'S A LONG QUESTION AND THANKS FOR YOUR TIME IN READING IT

Guest 1eyedmonster

I LOVE THE FEEL OF MIUI THE LOCKSCREEN MUSIC PLAYER ETC IT'S FAR MORE APPEALING AND RESPONSIVE THAN WOLFS AND CYANOGEN ROMS, TRIPNDROID I HAVE NOT TRIED SO WILL GIVE IT A WHIRL