Rooting and installing ClockworkMod

Got my ViewPad on Monday, finally got a chance to spend some time putting the enhanced Froyo rom on there yesterday though it didn't prove easy!

Getting root proved to be quite tricky, I tried SuperOneClick v1.5.5, v1.6.5 and v1.9.5 to no avail (I found some promising reports on v1.7 but was unable to find a copy of this apk that didn't carry a virus). I also tried the Visonary apk with no luck. Finally I managed to get root using GingerBreak-v1.20 (attached).

The next problem I had was copying the flash_image file from the SD card to the /system/bin dir. Even after installing different versions of BusyBox the cp command (or busybox cp as I read on one thread) would not work. Eventually I managed to copy the file over using ES File Explorer, which is able to mount the system partition as read/write and I could then copy the file over in the app itself.

After this the normal terminal commands worked fine and I was able to install ClockworkMod :)

Hope this helps someone!

GingerBreak_v1.20.zip

Guest hasansupriadi

hello Nos,

thanks for your sharing...

but would you mind writing the step by step or make tutorial for this Gingerbreak one...

many thanks

:)

Got my ViewPad on Monday, finally got a chance to spend some time putting the enhanced Froyo rom on there yesterday though it didn't prove easy!

Getting root proved to be quite tricky, I tried SuperOneClick v1.5.5, v1.6.5 and v1.9.5 to no avail (I found some promising reports on v1.7 but was unable to find a copy of this apk that didn't carry a virus). I also tried the Visonary apk with no luck. Finally I managed to get root using GingerBreak-v1.20 (attached).

The next problem I had was copying the flash_image file from the SD card to the /system/bin dir. Even after installing different versions of BusyBox the cp command (or busybox cp as I read on one thread) would not work. Eventually I managed to copy the file over using ES File Explorer, which is able to mount the system partition as read/write and I could then copy the file over in the app itself.

After this the normal terminal commands worked fine and I was able to install ClockworkMod :rolleyes:

Hope this helps someone!

hello Nos,

thanks for your sharing...

but would you mind writing the step by step or make tutorial for this Gingerbreak one...

many thanks

:)

Sure!

1.) Download Gingerbreak and sideload the apk to your devices sdcard

2.) Navigate to your sdcard and run Gingerbreak.apk (from the built in file browser app or similar)

3.) Follow the instructions in the app, if all goes well, your device should reboot and should now be rooted, if root goes, re-run Gingerbreak.apk

• 3 weeks later...