T-mobile UK 2.3.3 update available

Guest hecatae

I've currently got 165MB used out of 190MB. Wow, that is a lot of junk still. 64MB cache seems a bit wasteful as well.

I already replied to this, no idea where that's vanished to.

Yes, I use alternatives is the short answer. K9 for e-mail being the main one.

I saw your reply way back re the apps thanks. The Launcher situation is something I've just noticed in the last 10 mins! My phone won't reboot to the previous launcher correctly and none of my widgets work! And if I do it all again from fresh, the same happens when I restart?! Never seen this before!

Guest Celtic67

I saw your reply way back re the apps thanks. The Launcher situation is something I've just noticed in the last 10 mins! My phone won't reboot to the previous launcher correctly and none of my widgets work! And if I do it all again from fresh, the same happens when I restart?! Never seen this before!

That's odd. If you press home, does it give you a choice of LauncherPro or the LG Home? If so, set LauncherPro as the default. I can't think of any other reason for that.

I deleted Messaging on my Blade, thinking Handcent would do it all. Something went wrong, I think it ran out of space for messages or something. I had to reinstall it, but set it not to notify me.

That's odd. If you press home, does it give you a choice of LauncherPro or the LG Home? If so, set LauncherPro as the default. I can't think of any other reason for that.

I deleted Messaging on my Blade, thinking Handcent would do it all. Something went wrong, I think it ran out of space for messages or something. I had to reinstall it, but set it not to notify me.

Think I'll leave the stock SMS app on this too then.

Re the Launcher issue, I deleted the LG launcher after reinstalling Launcher Pro and all swell now. Odd!

Seen this guys?! Someone has a flash player download on here for Armv6 processors! Will this work???

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-europa-39-99-o2/976009?page=1

Guest Celtic67

Think I'll leave the stock SMS app on this too then.

Re the Launcher issue, I deleted the LG launcher after reinstalling Launcher Pro and all swell now. Odd!

Seen this guys?! Someone has a flash player download on here for Armv6 processors! Will this work???

http://www.hotukdeal...2/976009?page=1

There's been some discussion about Flash on the Blade forum. I've only had a very quick look, but I got the impression that it's pretty flakey and no good for iPlayer, though it might let some games work.

I used beebPlayer for iPlayer and it seemed fine. It isn't installed at the moment and hasn't been for a while, so don't know if it still works. I might copy it across to the P500 and give it a try. tvctachup.com also worked well for watching live TV for me.

I also had Skyfire installed and that worked quite well for sites that contained Flash video, I think. Again, I don't have it installed now.

I'm at work, so can't test much just now. The signal here is woeful and despite being the admin, I can't get my phone to connect through our firewall. I might give Transparent Proxy another go later.

Just gone looking for the thread. Here you go, guess who started the thread & probably knows far better than me how well it works?

There's been some discussion about Flash on the Blade forum. I've only had a very quick look, but I got the impression that it's pretty flakey and no good for iPlayer, though it might let some games work.

I used beebPlayer for iPlayer and it seemed fine. It isn't installed at the moment and hasn't been for a while, so don't know if it still works. I might copy it across to the P500 and give it a try. tvctachup.com also worked well for watching live TV for me.

I also had Skyfire installed and that worked quite well for sites that contained Flash video, I think. Again, I don't have it installed now.

I'm at work, so can't test much just now. The signal here is woeful and despite being the admin, I can't get my phone to connect through our firewall. I might give Transparent Proxy another go later.

Just gone looking for the thread. Here you go, guess who started the thread & probably knows far better than me how well it works?

i should have known you and Hec were on the case lol. That guy seems quite confident in his postings anyway on HUKD!

Thanks for more yet apps advise.

We'll see what Hec has to to say then!? :)

Cheers

PS you Scottish too or Irish???

Guest hecatae

that flash is okay for games but useless for video.

just used the defconfig from the lg gingerbread kernel source and my lg refused to boot....

we have two setup wizards on the p500, do we need the lg one?

that flash is okay for games but useless for video.

just used the defconfig from the lg gingerbread kernel source and my lg refused to boot....

we have two setup wizards on the p500, do we need the lg one?

All above me lol. I'll leave ths detailed bits to you and Celtic! I might install it anyway and just use skyfire for web flash.

I also meant to ask you guys if there is any point in clocking the processor? I done the vmheap to 32 mind already.

Ta again

Guest Celtic67

i should have known you and Hec were on the case lol. That guy seems quite confident in his postings anyway on HUKD!

Thanks for more yet apps advise.

We'll see what Hec has to to say then!? :)

Cheers

PS you Scottish too or Irish???

Scottish with an English accent ;)

I've never overclocked my CPU, but it would be worth doing a bit of testing to see what speeds this phone will be stable at.

I'm off to a festival tomorrow. The Blade will be my main phone, the P500 is backup, if my battery doesn't last or I get completely steaming & lose my Blade. Did you say you were posting your Blade back? Do you see the P500 as an upgrade?

Scottish with an English accent ;)

I've never overclocked my CPU, but it would be worth doing a bit of testing to see what speeds this phone will be stable at.

I'm off to a festival tomorrow. The Blade will be my main phone, the P500 is backup, if my battery doesn't last or I get completely steaming & lose my Blade. Did you say you were posting your Blade back? Do you see the P500 as an upgrade?

lol, sounds like my wife's accent!

I clocked the Blade but I don't think it done too much that I noticed anyway. I'm surprised how good Angry Birds is on this out of the box!

Have fun mate, try not to think about us too much!

The hotukdeal was good enough for me so I just sold my blade. That £40 Android is getting some heat on there just now that the comment about flash came from!

Guest Celtic67

UOT Kitchen is working fine, I can flash the resulting file from Clockwork. I made the mistake before of changing update-binary to Type Optimus. Leaving it as Type MTD (default) worked fine. I don't use ThemeChooser, but changed that to mdpi for the preview.

Here's a sample from it, a simple battery circle mod that changes colour as it discharges. I used T-Mobile UK official 2.3.3 files to upload, so I can't guarantee it'll work on other systems, though I wouldn't be surprised if it did. If you want to try it on something else, back up these 2 files first, using root explorer or similar:

/system/app/SystemUI.apk

/system/framework/framework-res.apk

If you do have to put them back, change permissions to rw-r--r-- and group to system on both.

I just realised that it doesn't need SystemUI.apk for this mod, but I'm not going to cook it again now.

Put this zip on your SD card, boot into Clockwork & choose to flash a zip from SD. Choose the zip, let it finish, reboot, enjoy a nicer battery icon.

CircleBattery_T-Mobile_UK_2.3.3.zip

UOT Kitchen is working fine, I can flash the resulting file from Clockwork. I made the mistake before of changing update-binary to Type Optimus. Leaving it as Type MTD (default) worked fine. I don't use ThemeChooser, but changed that to mdpi for the preview.

Here's a sample from it, a simple battery circle mod that changes colour as it discharges. I used T-Mobile UK official 2.3.3 files to upload, so I can't guarantee it'll work on other systems, though I wouldn't be surprised if it did. If you want to try it on something else, back up these 2 files first, using root explorer or similar:

/system/app/SystemUI.apk

/system/framework/framework-res.apk

If you do have to put them back, change permissions to rw-r--r-- and group to system on both.

I just realised that it doesn't need SystemUI.apk for this mod, but I'm not going to cook it again now.

Put this zip on your SD card, boot into Clockwork & choose to flash a zip from SD. Choose the zip, let it finish, reboot, enjoy a nicer battery icon.

CircleBattery_T-Mobile_UK_2.3.3.zip

Cheers Celtic for the battery app mod - just downloading it now!

Guys, re the flash. I tried flash media in the stock browser and it opened up and played in rockplayer great! :)

Guys, re the flash. I tried flash media in the stock browser and it opened up and played in rockplayer great! :)

Oh guys I downloaded 'Custom Android Font Switcher' from the market. Works a treat! :)

I'm liking my new battery indicator! :)

Guest Bob1942

Received from LG Friday,can someone cleverer than me explain how someone downloaded 2.3.3 from T Mobile when LG say its not available from ANY network until september?

Thank you for your e-mail

Unfortunally 2.3 Android update will not be available until September and this is for all networks.

Best Regards,

LG Electronics UK Helpdesk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest dadoftriplets

Hey all

Can you help me out here please.

I have tried the various different things you have suggested to get the relevant update for my wifes LG P500, but trying the download from LG and driver install hasn't worked. Plugged the phone into the computer, and ran the update software and it said phone is fully upto date, which can't be true as checking the phone, it still says it is on froyo (2.2) and also software version v10a, but the updatert says the handset is version 20a or something.

I have also tried the serial number trick, using the link given further up the page (the csmg.lgmobile.com:920........ one) but even after switching the block popups off in the browser, all I get is a blank screen. Trying the code given also gave me nothing, All I get from that is unknown code.

I must point out though, that this handset is a sim free handset (Whether that makes any difference) and used to be mine, and I haven't deleted anything nor modded it in any way.

Please help me help the wife as she has become frustrated with it as its going so slowly she threatened to throw it out the window before. (before anyone mentions try deleting apps - we have tried this and cleared cache etc)

Edited by dadoftriplets