Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neon_tigers

My skullcandy earphones wont work with phone

6 posts in this topic

I brought a pair of skullcandy fmj the other day and they work fine in all my other devices but when i put them in my phone all they do is make a loud fuzz/buzzy noise, i can hear audio but it's very quiet. The headphones that come with the phone work perfect, so does any one know what is going wrong here ?

Edited by neon_tigers

try press call button on headphones, with my headphones it work

It's because of the plug shape and size. I tried using ZTE headphones on my laptop and got the same problem as you, 4-pin ZTE plug simply is different than your normal headphones. I had to twitch it around, twist, push, pull until I found the right spot where all pins were connected.

try press call button on headphones, with my headphones it work

Thanks this solved the problem kind of, when i pressed the button in the volume did go to normal but did not stay there, I had to use some tape to tape down the button to make them work as headphones which kind of ruins the aesthetics but at least there working

If you don't fully plug in the jack it'll work normally, only problem is that it comes out easier.

QUOTE(peto223 @ Jul 9 2011, 14:03) try press call button on headphones, with my headphones it work

Thanks this solved the problem kind of, when i pressed the button in the volume did go to normal but did not stay there, I had to use some tape to tape down the button to make them work as headphones which kind of ruins the aesthetics but at least there working

I have the same problem with my Klipsch earphones, use my clothes clip on the button to compensate. Surely there must be a way to make it work so the buttons on one's smartphone-designed earphones actually work the way they are supposed.