20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Stevvie

Just had my phone on charge all night like normal and when I picked it up this morning it's only charged 92% ?????? Deleted battery stats in clockwork AFTER installing the rom like I always do.

YEP, thats the thing stopping me using CM7 and I can say that my jabra bt3030 connected and played stereo just fine on this great rom.

Yes, i've tested A2DP with no issues.

What about battery drain?

One thing I have noticed about this ROM is it sometimes has problems reporting battery level. I have had it report 3% one minute and 24% the next. Unfortunately, this is probably a symptom of it being an 'early build' and i'm limited in what I can do about it.

Hi, is there sqlite patch?

Br.

Not yet, but it's coming.

It appears to me that the Google Desktop Clock alarm-thingy (com.android.deskclock) maybe is a wee bit broken.

I keep getting a FC when trying to enter the alarm-option of the app.

Tried rebooting the phone, same problem.

Noted, i'll look into it.

Spare Parts FC's when I try and access battery history.

HTC_IME keyboard doesnt save user dictionary created words after reboot - same issue was on FR19.

Gingerbread doesn't have the 'Battery History' like Froyo so this is expected (if annoying) behaviour. HTC_IME is an old version, I could do with refreshing it!

Just had my phone on charge all night like normal and when I picked it up this morning it's only charged 92% ?????? Deleted battery stats in clockwork AFTER installing the rom like I always do.

See above!

P

Guest danielleon

anyone hava a this issue, when a i turn on wifi whit 3g off the wifi dont connect, if 3g on the wifi conects to wifi spot..

Any solutions?

anyone hava a this issue, when a i turn on wifi whit 3g off the wifi dont connect, if 3g on the wifi conects to wifi spot..

Any solutions?

my 3g doesn't work. please help me, how to fix it?

Check your APN settings and if they are correct, flash the Gingerbread baseband.

P

Guest danielleon

i have flashed the baseband and the 3g works great, but my wifi only connects whit 3g on, if its off my wifi tells me the wifi spot its out of range..

any sollutions?

Guest vortex.wb

I've just tested a bit and then I encountered a problem with the camara.

When zooming while recording freezes the app -> Black Screen --> Reboot.

If the problem still someone?

Yes, this is acknowledged previously as a known issue.

P

Guest z0nic

Just tested it, with same result as you described.

Took a while (10-15 sec) before it rebooted though..

Guest vortex.wb

Yes, this is acknowledged previously as a known issue.

P

Just tested it, with same result as you described.

Took a while (10-15 sec) before it rebooted though..

k, still waiting of fix :D

when the stable version is released paul? any idea?

and the issue i told, anyidea? wipe and install rom again?

Did you flash the new baseband? Are you referring to the Gr1 release? (I see you are not baking from the kitchen as you're a Ad Free / Plus member?)

P

Guest danielleon

i have flashed the new baseband, and i am using the GR1 alpha, a friend of mine its a donator and give me the rom for trying, but in short time i will be too a donator ;)

Guest Navlem

My 3G doesn't work at all. And I thought its the baseband problem. So I flashed the Gingerbread baseband and it still doesn't work. The APN list shows nothing. AND I keep hearing popping sounds in my phone after i flashed the new baseband. It sounds scary. :S

Edited by Navlem

Guest vortex.wb

My 3G doesn't work at all. And I thought its the baseband problem. So I flashed the Gingerbread baseband and it still doesn't work. The APN list shows nothing. AND I keep hearing popping sounds in my phone after i flashed the new baseband. It sounds scary. :S

My sound was scary too - after a reboot everything was fine

to your empty apn list - add the apn from your provider ...

Guest herist

I've check all correct. I go into adb shell and do a ping to google dns 8.8.8.8 was a good result (64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=71 ttl=47 time=318 ms). but when I open the browser, gtalk, market, its status is offline.

It is bug ?

Guest Navlem

Well if you've no APN set up then that'll be why it doesn't work!

P

Weird, usually it's already there by itself. First time I need to set it up manually.

Guest Wovchik

One thing I have noticed about this ROM is it sometimes has problems reporting battery level. I have had it report 3% one minute and 24% the next. Unfortunately, this is probably a symptom of it being an 'early build' and i'm limited in what I can do about it.

I noticed the same issue on the CM7 Rom... maybe a problem with GB and not special with the LG rom?

Edited by Wovchik

Weird, usually it's already there by itself. First time I need to set it up manually.

Yeah, I will update the APN list in the next build.

P

Guest Retaured

Hello there,

Just downloaded and installed the new ROM. I did some benchmarking on it and I think you did a great job on fixing the stuff out.

I only have 1 problem atm: Mediascanner is running and it doesn't seem to finish the scan, its stuck on 96% everytime. I rebooted a couple of times but it still goes to 96% and then its stuck. I can acces my files without any problems so i'm geussing that it's no problem and it's a visual bug.

Benchmark pics in the attachments:

CaffeineMark

Nenamark1

BenchmarkPi

SmartBench2011

Quadrant

Thanks paul!

post-891727-0-74414600-1311073515_thumb.

post-891727-0-48081300-1311073520_thumb.

post-891727-0-69001200-1311073524_thumb.

post-891727-0-21252500-1311073530_thumb.

post-891727-0-00779100-1311073535_thumb.

post-891727-0-23457400-1311073539_thumb.

Guest Stevvie

I have no 3G after a reboot. I have my apn set up OK as 3G was working before the reboot. I have the 622 GB baseband. Also I have the no bars on my wifi, but I'm guessing that's the same for all of us.

Edited by Stevvie

Guest Ph4nt0m

Does anyone know how to fix battery status? It always skips 98%, so it goes from 99 to 97%. It happened on cm for the first time, now it is the same here and it was no difference on DjDroid, which is based on V10c. It is not a big problem but it is annoying :)