20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest maniac2003
Or can someone else swear they don't have random hangs lock-ups of this phone on gr4.
May I try :P Until now I didn't encounter issues which the stock LG ROM also didn't have. Today for the first time in days Tweetdeck behaved not like it should but I didn't restart my phone yet. On a couple of spots during commuting I lose my network connection but that was bad on stock also. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Guest MaxEigelb

Or can someone else swear they don't have random hangs lockups of this phone on gr4. Thanks for trying Paul, would be interesting to know why nobody can build a kernel, I thought nvidia put out some dev code a month or so ago.

Hi,

i swear, i never had a single lockup nor reboot with GR3 or GR4.

I had around 3 different GR3s and now i'm on my 4th GR4 kitchen-build.

I'm far away of being a pro - but to mee it sounds like a wrong baseband or a hardware issue.

I'm on baseband 725 btw.

Hope you get your phone up and running!

Max

Guest Willimaese

BUGS I found:

- a lot of signas problems

- the clock doesn't actualize properly when the phone is in sleep mode. That means that sometimes the alarm doesn't work... it's a very bad bug!

Guest rasta666

Happened once again during night...

It is bound to happen once in a while because it is probably a LG software or hardware issue we all have (failing to reconnect), but the 2G toggle is forcing it to happen more often.

After the last flash today I can still observe the phone to reconnect data connection,but much less then before with 2G toggle (we can not avoid that, the mobile provider signal can drop sometime,) but the reconnects work now after a lucky wipe/flash combination.

You can easily test if reconnects work in the phone info *#*#4636#*#*, as soon as You enter In "Phone information" it will disconnect and try to reconnect, in more-less 10-15 seconds the data connection should work (status connected, apn info and do a ping test).

Guest dbbloke

There is no kernel source for the Gingerbread kernel from LG yet. That's why it's impossible to build a kernel at this time with 100% compatability with the stock kernel.

P

OK, understand. I thought it was available - http://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensource-detail.jsp?detailCustomerModelCode=LGSU660 and the problem was Google for not having full GB source. Not built it myself. I know just how annoying it is without source to debug in assembly only to phone HP and tell they have a de-referenced pointer and where.

Really, it's so frustrating to get a hang now and again when you just want a phone to work without buying Samsung. Maybe I try one last time with a complete stock options selected - yes I have the right BB (0725) as identified by getril.

I read a couple of things about looping and hanging and the phone getting really hot which is what mine does and also that this is whats taking LG forever to fix. I'm sure there is a good phone in here somewhere.

One really good discovery today... I was listening to the radio (with volume always forced to extra quiet) and I got a message... the phone went quiet and the message arrived with super loud volume... But radio came back quiet... another message and after the notification, the radio came extra loud and was now controllable by the volume button. previously this was more of a digital type on / off type volume. So something good happened. Just need send myself 2 notifications. Strange.

Guest Almahadeus

Really, it's so frustrating to get a hang now and again when you just want a phone to work without buying Samsung. Maybe I try one last time with a complete stock options selected - yes I have the right BB (0725) as identified by getril.

I eventually did a full wipe, installed Topo's 2.0 + his SP1, SP2 and SP3 followed by Dalvik wipe and the installing HP Kernel RC5 and my phone is running like an atomic clock now with not a single hitch. Forget the Samsung for now.

Thanx for the update rasta, the phone has now managed to retain data/cell connection for >5h (since i turned off/on radio this morning), all icons work as they should. My setup is very similar to urs anyway, i installed (after full wipes, even sdcards) stock vanilla prebake and 2day is the 1st day of normallity :) Will be reporting if anything goes wrong. Thanx again

My data connection also seems to be much better after installing a ROM without the toggle 2G. I don't know if it was removing the toggle or simply a fresh install that has fixed it.

Guest Drefsab

My missus is having the same issues with signal, turning airplane mode on and the off fixes it for a while, I dont seam to have toggle-2g in the mobile network settings to turn anything off (using the core+stock pack). Is it possible its there causing problems but just not visible, if so how do I turn it off? Failing that is there any way of having a prebake option that doesn't include toggle-2g? With this bug being so devastating its a serious issue.

Guest rasta666

My missus is having the same issues with signal, turning airplane mode on and the off fixes it for a while, I dont seam to have toggle-2g in the mobile network settings to turn anything off (using the core+stock pack). Is it possible its there causing problems but just not visible, if so how do I turn it off? Failing that is there any way of having a prebake option that doesn't include toggle-2g? With this bug being so devastating its a serious issue.

As we do not know for sure what is causing it, I suggest that You flash it again, I just know that a new flash (and without the 2g toggle) is the safest way to get the connection to work. Hope that this has nothing to do with a prebake, my problems stopped with a new kitchen bake, but You can try and report if its working.

Guest rasta666

After a few days with the new kitchen bake I can report that the phone is working flawlessly, no bugs encountered, no more data connection issues, battery life is good.

Performance with HP RC6 is good.No sudden hangups or FC.

@ Paul: Do You have any plans to comment the dalvik cache lines for the stock ROM? That is the last thing that is missing to make this ROM the best choice for other kernel users. I believe there are more then a few of us that are hoping for this.

There are some LG Launcher redraws. What do You think of adding Supercharger script to the kitchen (not really necessary), or maybe a better improvement for Your ROM would be if You change the minfree settings or Launcher lock in memory, that would improve usability of Your ROMs greatly in my opinion.Just a minor observation as we can use the Supercharger if needed.

Just expressing my opinions on improvement. Thank You for this great ROM, excellent job and I owe You a great deal for making my phone more usable, now I actually have no reason to wait for LG to release their version :)

Non related:

What does the SIM Toolkit actually do? Mine is always in "restarting status" across more ROMS. Frozen it in Titanium now, do not see any difference or did not stumble upon it:

Are there any repercussions in keeping it frozen or always in restarting status?

Guest Simon Pratte

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this, and I tried installing this ROM on my LG Optimus 2X (LG-P990hN). Everything went fine, exept that now I can't connect to my mobile network.

I didn't flash any new baseband because first, I'm not quite sure how to do it, and I don't know if it's region specific? I'm in Quebec, Canada.

Thanks for anyhelp!

Edited by Simon Pratte

Guest whassup69

HHello everybody, i'm french so please excuse me if my english is not as good as i could expect.

i come from a fr19 that i use for several weeks and i'm now with gr4 for a few days .

the phone is working fast with that rom but it turn off 2 or 3 times each day.And sometimes the s reen freeze for 1 or 2 minutes .

does anybody has a way to solve that?

many thanks by advance and many thanks to Paul for all his job ...

Steve

Guest Simon Pratte

Hi. Paul made a guide there...

http://android.modac...03521-20110725/

Just download 0725 baseband from the first post of Gr4 thread and then follow instructions from the link. Don't worry about region. You can check it by GetRIL app afterwards.

I just checked and I have the "1035.21_20110823" baseband. Which looks like it's more recent than the 725. Should I still upgrade install the 725?

Sorry for all the question!

Guest Ximo F. Verde

After a few days with the new kitchen bake I can report that the phone is working flawlessly, no bugs encountered, no more data connection issues, battery life is good.

Performance with HP RC6 is good.No sudden hangups or FC.

@ Paul: Do You have any plans to comment the dalvik cache lines for the stock ROM? That is the last thing that is missing to make this ROM the best choice for other kernel users. I believe there are more then a few of us that are hoping for this.

There are some LG Launcher redraws. What do You think of adding Supercharger script to the kitchen (not really necessary), or maybe a better improvement for Your ROM would be if You change the minfree settings or Launcher lock in memory, that would improve usability of Your ROMs greatly in my opinion.Just a minor observation as we can use the Supercharger if needed.

Just expressing my opinions on improvement. Thank You for this great ROM, excellent job and I owe You a great deal for making my phone more usable, now I actually have no reason to wait for LG to release their version :)

Non related:

What does the SIM Toolkit actually do? Mine is always in "restarting status" across more ROMS. Frozen it in Titanium now, do not see any difference or did not stumble upon it:

Are there any repercussions in keeping it frozen or always in restarting status?

Yesterday night i reflashed core+vanilla+HP SR1 after full wipe (x2) and even internal SDcard formatting. I immediately calibrated battery as well. This morning i woke up w no data connection (again...) and the cell connection 'blocked'. Tried to make a phonecall, the phone couldnt do it but after a few moments it sort of woke up and even though the call dident went through, it connected to HSPA. I entered phone info (where i noticed the disconnect-connect disabillity) i switched radio off, set it to gsm auto prl and switched on again. During this very brief period, i noticed a 10% drop in the battery (81% to 71%) which again i cant explain. In other words, not big difference than b4 unfortunately. Just a quick one for u rasta: When u say a new bake, was it one of the prebakes or did you personalised your ROM? And if so, whats the difference of your choice of bake in relation to the vanilla prebake (for example) that i use? Really dont know what to make of all this, i just hope its not some heavy hardware issue thats causing it.. All replies welcome

Guest chong01

Hi Paul, have you heard anything of an updated ROM / baseband / RIL ? The current v20j based Gr4 has serious bugs on the 2G/3G data stability, which makes it unlikely to become the released LG GB unless there's a fix in the baseband / RIL.

Guest norbee007

Hi!

I have a very stange problem... :S

I'm struggling with this rom about 2-3 days...never managed to work properly.

Now i have cooked a rom with mostly lg apps and almost no gapps. ext4 kernel, sqlite patch, test gps fix. I use it with HP kernel sr1+999switch script. This is the fastest rom i've ever since, i was using cm 7 since ages but now this rulz! Thanks for it! :)

So my prob...Everything is fine and smoot, but when i copy something, or install via market or any filemanager the screen gets unresponsive. :S It's like my phone is frozen, but when i press home button everything is fine again. :o The app which i was using when the screen stucked gets normal again. It happens everytime when something changes on my phone. Extremely annoying, however i can live with it. :S

I tried a lots of roms from kitchen (normal kernel, ext 4 kernel), i tried not to use HP kernel, i used without 999 switch. I tried on ext 3 and on ext4...the result was the same, or my phone got bootloop. :S Now my internal memory got corrupted and i lost everything which i stored there. :S

Any idea how to fix this 'micro lag'? :S

THX in advance! :)

Guest rasta666

Just a quick one for u rasta: When u say a new bake, was it one of the prebakes or did you personalised your ROM? And if so, whats the difference of your choice of bake in relation to the vanilla prebake (for example) that i use? Really dont know what to make of all this, i just hope its not some heavy hardware issue thats causing it.. All replies welcome

I had the problem with the prebake, downloadable from the first page (the one You are using) + "extreme pack" by Paul (the contents of the extreme pack are mentioned a few pages back).

So, GR4 core + extreme edition.

I am not exactly sure what is contained in the vanilla prebake.

The problems stopped when i made a new personalized bake in the kitchen.Do not think that that any of the customization options have importance, but here they go:

I included mostly LG programs where was possible to choose, both LG and GB theme,development programs, stock kernel,WAP services, Sim Toolkit, SQL...

NOT included: Car home, 2G toggle, gps fix, additional markets, CYAN APN...

I had one data drop, after a drop during a phone call and few others,but it fixed by itself, as other possible drops that I missed.

So reconnects can still happen, but with the new kitchen bake the reconnects work and do not mess up my data connection permanently, just about 15 seconds.

Maybe something messed up it the prebake, as Paul also makes the bakes in the kitchen?

Guest Simon Pratte

Hi Paul,

Would it be possible to integrate the option to roam nationally in this ROM?

Here in Canada, we have Fido, but Fido uses Rogers networks, which mean I'm constantly roaming but nationally.

CM 7.1.0 is the only ROM that has this option, and so far it's the only ROM that I can install and not loose data connectivity.