can't start phone

Guest smaje

Guest smaje

Hi

I have an Orange San Francisco which I've been enjoying using for a few months, thanks to Modaco's Android 2.2.

My phone crashed today (perhaps low battery) and after recharging it I can't restart it!

When I press the restart button at the top I just get the green android logo. And it just sits there. And the only way to turn it off seems to be to remove the battery - it doesn't respond to the usual method of holding down the button.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Smaje

Guest smaje

Yes - I tried power + vol, but it makes no difference - just the little green man!

And it was unplugged when I turned it on.

Thanks for the quick replies

Smaje

Guest smaje

Aha! (Yes via clockwork)

I did volume up not down ... !!

Thanks Stuart

So I'm in clockwork now. I'm trying Backup and Restore, end with either I get the message

Can't mount /sdcard

???

Guest Stuart_f

That would suggest that the MicroSD card in your phone isn't being read for some reason. If you have a USB adaptor try taking the card out of your phone and plugging it into your computer and check that it behaves correctly.

You could also try giving the gold contacts a quick wipe or swapping it for a spare if you have one.

Guest pappapog

I had a similar problem - phone would not go past the green android - the red indicator light in the "back" button never turned white. Co-incidently I had let my phone run out of charge installing apps....

I was getting close to giving up having tried a TPT. In the end I kept the phone on charge for over a little over 24 hours and when I powered it back up it booted up with no problems.

Good luck

Guest smaje

Thanks Stuart -

The MicroSD card isn't working - I plugged it into the computer and there's no response at all.

I do have a spare card (16Gb - instead of the previous 2Gb - not sure why I wasn't using that!) - so I'll try installing everything from scratch.

I have ClockworkMod Recovery v. 3.0.0.6

Does anyone know whether it's worth upgrading to a newer version?

Thanks again

Smaje

Edit: ps I see there's now a CyanogenMod 2.3 Gingerbread ROM - does anyone have any experience ? How well does it work on the blade?

Edited by smaje

Guest hugobosslives

works. awesome. tho you have to upgrade to gen2 to use it.

apply a tpt from wbaw's pinned thread (it will do all the work for you if you apply one of the full rom ones)

Guest smaje

I upgraded to Gingerbread using CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1 Gen1 to Gen2 Upgrade TPT - it works like a treat.

Very simple to install (following wbaw's instructions).

Thanks again for everyone's help.