ZTE_SeanJacko

NFC - important?

13 posts in this topic

Interested in people's views of NFC...

No, nfc in a phone makes no difference to my purchasing decision.

It might be useful in the future, for now though it's not very useful IMO. I'd just consider it a bonus but not nearly essential.

absolutely no interest in NFC in a phone - i don't use it on my debit cards.

most of the work in 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 is for NFC, i'd prefer developers concentrated on the kernel/wifi drivers etc.

It will be very handy in possibly a years time or maybe a little more when there are more places supporting it

If 2 phones came out that I liked, with similar spec, I;d choose the one With NFC.

I don't even use bluetooth TBH blink.gif

Put it like this; NFC is much less important than ARM7 and a sensible price....

Frankly I don't trust credit card companies, and I don't want to pay for something that only seems to benefit them. Its probably going to be a net negative in decision making, purely because I see no point in giving those companies a cut of every transaction when cash would do as well and visa gets nothing from it.

In fact, I want you to pay me, if you want it on my phone.

Considering the question is

Are you expecting NFC functionality in all future high spec devices?

Yes I would expect NFC in a high spec device. It may not be useful now, and even though I would probably never use it much, I would expect it in a high spec device.

If NFC was added at the expense of other components (non-HD video, bad camera etc) then I wouldn't want it.

Interested in people's views of NFC...

Hi,

I've been looking at the Lg Optimus Net, http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=3021&view=1&c=lg_p690_optimus_net_lg_gelato

same cpu as the skate, but HVGA and has NFC, so the current ARMv6 chipset is capable of NFC, and I dont consider that high spec.

LG are releasing two versions of the Net, one with NFC the P690, and one without the P692.

If ZTE could release a blade with the skate cpu and NFC I think it would be successful

Yes NFC is very important to me, but it has to be said I work with smart cards for access control so I'm not your typical user. And yes it does affect my purchasing decision, I was all set to splash out on a Galaxy S II but didn't because NFC was removed from the UK handsets.

Yes NFC is very important to me, but it has to be said I work with smart cards for access control so I'm not your typical user. And yes it does affect my purchasing decision, I was all set to splash out on a Galaxy S II but didn't because NFC was removed from the UK handsets.

I believe it'll come in the Autumn models of the GS2.

Second question needs an extra option for not interested in it