• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

NFC - important?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Interested in people's views of NFC...

Posted

No, nfc in a phone makes no difference to my purchasing decision.

Posted

Pointless Tech IMO.

Posted

It might be useful in the future, for now though it's not very useful IMO. I'd just consider it a bonus but not nearly essential.

Posted

absolutely no interest in NFC in a phone - i don't use it on my debit cards.

most of the work in 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 is for NFC, i'd prefer developers concentrated on the kernel/wifi drivers etc.

Posted

It will be very handy in possibly a years time or maybe a little more when there are more places supporting it

If 2 phones came out that I liked, with similar spec, I;d choose the one With NFC.

Posted

I don't even use bluetooth TBH blink.gif

Posted

Put it like this; NFC is much less important than ARM7 and a sensible price....

Frankly I don't trust credit card companies, and I don't want to pay for something that only seems to benefit them. Its probably going to be a net negative in decision making, purely because I see no point in giving those companies a cut of every transaction when cash would do as well and visa gets nothing from it.

In fact, I want you to pay me, if you want it on my phone.

Posted

Considering the question is

Are you expecting NFC functionality in all future high spec devices?

Yes I would expect NFC in a high spec device. It may not be useful now, and even though I would probably never use it much, I would expect it in a high spec device.

If NFC was added at the expense of other components (non-HD video, bad camera etc) then I wouldn't want it.

Posted

Interested in people's views of NFC...

Hi,

I've been looking at the Lg Optimus Net, http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=3021&view=1&c=lg_p690_optimus_net_lg_gelato

same cpu as the skate, but HVGA and has NFC, so the current ARMv6 chipset is capable of NFC, and I dont consider that high spec.

LG are releasing two versions of the Net, one with NFC the P690, and one without the P692.

If ZTE could release a blade with the skate cpu and NFC I think it would be successful

Posted

Yes NFC is very important to me, but it has to be said I work with smart cards for access control so I'm not your typical user. And yes it does affect my purchasing decision, I was all set to splash out on a Galaxy S II but didn't because NFC was removed from the UK handsets.

Posted

Yes NFC is very important to me, but it has to be said I work with smart cards for access control so I'm not your typical user. And yes it does affect my purchasing decision, I was all set to splash out on a Galaxy S II but didn't because NFC was removed from the UK handsets.

I believe it'll come in the Autumn models of the GS2.

Posted

Second question needs an extra option for not interested in it