Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

Guest Joey Scarf

All you need to do with the turbo sims is to place them in your phone with your sim card inside them - they only cose a few pounds - not expensive even if you mess up.

After you have used the x-sim and unlocked the phone, if you take it out does the phone become locked again, e.g. how does it work, does it unlock the phone or just ''confuse'' the sim card

After you have used the x-sim and unlocked the phone, if you take it out does the phone become locked again, e.g. how does it work, does it unlock the phone or just ''confuse'' the sim card

The x-sim has to stay in the phone at all times,It doesn't unlock the software in the phone just bypasses it.

Guest Daddy Tickles

:lol:Lol. You guys are too suspicious. Hopefully the attachment will prove things satisfactorily.

Interestingly, my email suggested the algorithm is the same as for the Vegas/Rome phones by Orange.

And yeah, I have a special relationship :unsure: , lol. They cut me off from my account for 48 hours and couldn't get in from their side either, so we had a long, fairly one-sided chat at the end of which they agreed to send me an unlock code. Still took best part of 2 weeks, mind.

post-926272-0-15786300-1316783583_thumb.

:lol:Lol. You guys are too suspicious. Hopefully the attachment will prove things satisfactorily.

Interestingly, my email suggested the algorithm is the same as for the Vegas/Rome phones by Orange.

And yeah, I have a special relationship :unsure: , lol. They cut me off from my account for 48 hours and couldn't get in from their side either, so we had a long, fairly one-sided chat at the end of which they agreed to send me an unlock code. Still took best part of 2 weeks, mind.

I have been reading this thread and everything has me confused...what is giffgaff?...a mobile network I presume? And can it not be used with locked OMC's? Also...the picture above shows a 'signal strength' of zero, which means that the network does not work?...or am I wrong, apologies if I am.

Guest tilal6991

I have been reading this thread and everything has me confused...what is giffgaff?...a mobile network I presume? And can it not be used with locked OMC's? Also...the picture above shows a 'signal strength' of zero, which means that the network does not work?...or am I wrong, apologies if I am.

GG is indeed a network. It can't be used with locked OMCs. The zero signal strength probably means that the network is being received but there isn't much strength.

Guest Daddy Tickles

Giffgaff is an alternative provider to Orange. You need an unlocked phone, that is to say one authorised by Orange to use another network. So, no can't be used with locked 'phones. Sorry about the signal strength, photo is taken indoors where the signal strength is weak; its a bright, sunny day where I am and the weedy screen of the skate/MC is invisible in full sunlight which is whereit would be to light up the reception bars.

I'll tell you what, I'll see if there's a signal in my shed, lol. Goddamn sceptic!:D

Ok. Shed, being fairly substantial is only marginally better for reception, but yes you can now see a single green bar of reception goodness.

Sorry for holding you in suspicion :rolleyes:

We are all probably tetchy due to being refused a code by Orange, and one of our members getting our hopes up only for them to be dashed on the final furlong :(.

I have had my fair share of tribulations with Orange, and managed to squeeze twenty quids worth of credit out of them... damn I should have demanded a code!!!

Guest Dectorian

I'm using a xsim (search in google super X-SIM III dealextreme). My process was:

1) Cut a corner of my sim

2) Introduce my sim with the X-SIM in the slot of SIM

3) Switch on my mobile

4) Configure the APN.

5) Use the pone (3g, receive and make calls, send sms, receive sms).

Xsim I tried is x-sim III also . I bought it on Ebay . I had a look at dealextreme , and it doesn't mention using programming codes , whereas

http://www.super-xsim.com/programme.htm shows codes required . I tried them all without any success . It seems both x-sim III's are not the same . From both pictures , the circuit layout differs . I can only assume rom image on chip is different :(

Rar! Unlock code from Orange! :blink:

Works, too!B)

Am now on Giffgaff and the world is as it should be :P

How long did you wait to apply for the unlock code after buying the MC?

Did you buy online or from a shop?

How long have you been an Orange customer? (PAYG or contract?)

Guest Daddy Tickles

How long did you wait to apply for the unlock code after buying the MC?

Did you buy online or from a shop?

How long have you been an Orange customer? (PAYG or contract?)

Ok, I did give an outline earlier, however...

I bought the OMC the week it came out from an Orange shop.

A feww weeks after, I wanted to top up, but for some reason the website required me to use a 4 digit security code that I didn't know which, inevitably, didn't go well and resulted in my account being locked for 48 hours. I phoned the support people, they deleted my account (wtf!), then asked me to re-register my sim.

However, in deleting my account they ensured that the phone was disconnected from the network so I was unable to receive the security code to register the account, which -in turn- led to my account being unable to register the sim and also causing the web account page online being locked out.

So, again I called the delightful support people who told me that they too were locked out for 48 hours (honestly, I'm cool if some stranger wants to jack my account and top it up, so why suspend the thing for 48 hours and why at their end as well as mine?), so long story slightly shorter 48 hours later the support manager and I had a long chat which resulted in me being transferred to an Indian call operator who topped my account up over to £20 mark and took my IMEI number and promised me an unlock within 14 days.

And right enough, something like 11 days later I got an email with a valid unlock code.

Oh and I've been an orange "customer" for years - well, at least I've had a phone that I rarely used and even more rarely topped up and, yes I did mention this to both the support manager and the Indian lady in my most indignant manner.

I found that this line was interesting on the email I recieved

Please find the codes and process for unlocking your Orange Vegas / Rome handset:-

TBH, I took one look at that and had bad thoughts about whether they had cocked it up yet again, but oddly they hadn't and it worked!

Guest Daddy Tickles

Could anyone who has a few tries left and wants to try unlocking it post their IMEI number here?

Would you like to try my IMEI? No need to use up anyone's limited goes, my unlock is confirmed so you can take as many goes as you like.

IMEI - 868543000017434

Guest Amphoras

Would you like to try my IMEI? No need to use up anyone's limited goes, my unlock is confirmed so you can take as many goes as you like.

IMEI - 868543000017434

Thanks, was the code they gave you 363530017854?

Guest tilal6991

IMEI - 868543000017434

Brilliant work - could someone else try the IEMI in the calculator and see if it produces the correct code?

Guest Amphoras

Sadly, no.

The code will be 16 digits long.

Oh well, when you said Orange Vegas/Rome, I found this on Google http://www.wintechmobiles.com/tools/zte-unlock-code-calculator/ so just wondered if it would give the same numbers, but obviously not.

Just out of interest, what was the code they gave you? Was it at all similar to that one?

Edited by Amphoras

Has anyone who ordered an x sim from deal extreme any idea how long delivery takes? Last time I ordered from them it took a month, hope its faster this time.

Edited by Tony.h

Guest philmein

Has anyone who ordered an x sim from deal extreme any idea how long delivery takes? Last time I ordered from them it took a month, hope its faster this time.

2 to 3 weeks to the uk