Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

Not sure, using the camcorder app, tap the on screen button that looks like an off switch (or Gadget show logo) and it should give you the option to set the colour type and VGA etc

Guest tillaz

Yeah, i know what (W)VGA is.

But you were asking for 480p and talking about 360p.

Didn't find any reference to 360p or 480p in there :huh:.

i'm still pretty sure 480p is 800x460 wiki is not always right sad.gif

best way to check would be to upload a video recorded with the omc on high to youtube & see if a 480p option is avalibe...

as i know high is 640x480 after all the digging around in the camera .apk & its .xml files.

EDIT: yep, by the looks of it 480p is also 640x480, but 800x480 is also clases as 480p

(check out my gameplay video on bluemonte recorded @ 800x480, its max res on youtube is 480p)

Edited by tillaz

Guest Chris_67

Wikipedia is not always right... so is youtube. 480p only specifies the vertical resolution. Each of the resolutions named above are 480p as long as they have 480 vertical points and the video is displayed without interleaving. We are both right, but this is really getting ot here...

Guest tillaz

Wikipedia is not always right... so is youtube.

i only say that because anyone can edit Wikipedia any time...

anyway about unlocking... some people my have already knew this but the unlock is definitely in the NAND...

and for modding the tpt image to unlock... someone with more experience needs to look at this than me, sad.gif

i don't know, kallt_kaffe mentioned he had done some work with tpt image for the blade, he might be to tell if it is possible...

Edited by tillaz

Guest PedroVader

Is there a way to look at the NAND as it currently stands?

Only reason i ask is that if we could see it before unlocking with an orange code, then compare it after, maybe the blade guys could come up with an algorithm to do it for the skate. I know that will mean waiting for the next code from them, who's had their skate the longest?

Guest dt_matthews

Some of the posts in this thread are utterly hilarious! You've purchased a pay-as-you-go, subsidised handset, locked to Orange, and yet you're blaming Orange for having sold you a cheap, decent specced handset, whilst trying to keep you as customers? The atmosphere of utterly contemptuous entitlement is beyond unbelievable!

You're owed NOTHING by Orange. You have free will, and excercised that free will, by purchasing a LOCKED handset, in full knowledge of the facts. I understand the frustration, but for goodness sake; some people in the world are homeless, have cancer, are suffering from losses far beyond our comprehension, and yet we moan and whine and stamp our feet, because what is important to US, in OUR little bubble of a world is not available THIS INSTANT! NOW! NOW! NOW!...

Time to get a reality check. I bought mine locked too - so what? I can wait, and you guys should learn a little patience too. Focus on something else, and quit you're griping. It's completely pointless, boring, and selfish.

Your life is not going to be changed, by the unlocking of your OMC. It's REALLY not that much of a big deal, seriously. Just wait.

amen to that, very, very well put.

Thanks. That's just how I feel. People are too impatient.

Agree, and what is £50 for an unlock?...virtually nothing, money isn't everything, you only need an amount to buy the necesseties.

Guest TouchyAndalou

Agree, and what is £50 for an unlock?...virtually nothing, money isn't everything, you only need an amount to buy the necesseties.

Who's charging £50 for an unlock?

Guest TouchyAndalou

£20 unlock plus the top-ups, sorry. Its nice to see your considering to pay £50 for an unlock :P

Apparently you don't need to make any top-ups beyond the one you automatically purchase with the phone. The Orange woman I spoke to said you just need to use the phone during that time (which is pretty vague)

I'll be using my SF on giffgaff until an unlock is available for my MC, whether that be through here or through Orange after 3 months.