Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

Guest dadashi

Yes everything works perfect, you just slide into sim slot with sim, may need a bit of sellotape to keep in place and then change apn

mine came the day after i brought but i live close so may be 1-3 day delivery

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_3841wt_1139

If link doesn;t work just, someone else posted the link a few pages back

Was it always £3.75 or has he put the price up...

Also, did you have to cut a bit out of the sim to make room for the chip...?

Edited by dadashi

Guest stiefanu

Where can i find APN Settings for Italian network?

Can i search 'apn for italian network' on Google, or is there a specific apn configuration for the OMC?

Guest yaylol

Was it always £3.75 or has he put the price up...

Also, did you have to cut a bit out of the sim to make room for the chip...?

Yes, you have to and that s***s.

Can anyone help us to compile the script above or tell us how to dump the NAND in order to flash it to another Monte?

Edited by yaylol

Guest philmein

Hi just bought the Monte carlo.

Can I get 3G with talk mobile?

Do I have to enter some kind of code in the settings?

monte carlo is a orange locked phone you will need a smartsim to use talk mobile

just been thinking... if the turbo sim tricks the phone into thinking its unlocked it must make some kind of temp change ???

wot if we do a rom dump while we have the turbo sim in the phone.... would / could this make it permanent by dumping the rom in its changed state ???

building the rom then flashing it, hopping the temp changes where made permanent...

or copying the related files that check for the sim lock, using root explorer or adb...

just a thought, i no nothing of the unlocking process... mellow.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest glossywhite

just been thinking... if the turbo sim tricks the phone into thinking its unlocked it must make some kind of temp change ???

wot if we do a rom dump while we have the turbo sim in the phone.... would / could this make it permanent by dumping the rom in its changed state ???

building the rom then flashing it, hopping the temp changes where made permanent...

or copying the related files that check for the sim lock, using root explorer or adb...

just a thought, i no nothing of the unlocking process... mellow.gif

I think you'll find (from my VERY limited knowledge) that the outcome would be the same as if you just had an Orange SIM in the phone, as the turboSIM fools the phone into thinking that you have a SIM inserted, that it is able to accept; in this case, Orange SIM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_SIM

Try it, though!

Edited by glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Any progress on the NAND unlock? Would like to contribute but I don't know how to!! :D

I've been recursively grepping and hexdumping through binaries ALL afternoon. Lots of results appear when I extract BlueMonte ROM (zipped), cd into that folder, and do:

strings --print-file-name * | grep lock | grep sim

And another variation on that command:
strings --print-file-name * | grep lock | grep network
Brings...

Phone.apk: SIM network unlock PIN

Phone.apk: SIM network subset unlock PIN

Phone.apk: RUIM network1 unlock PIN

Phone.apk: RUIM network2 unlock PIN

Phone.apk: Requesting network unlock

Phone.apk: %'Requesting SIM network subset unlock

Phone.apk:  "Requesting RUIM network1 unlock

Phone.apk:  "Requesting RUIM network2 unlock

Phone.apk:   ignore_sim_network_locked_events

Phone.apk:   sim_network_unlock_allow_dismiss

Phone.apk: label_network_unlock_titile

Phone.apk: enter_network_unlock_code

Phone.apk: network_blocked

Phone.odex: enter_network_unlock_code

Phone.odex:  ignore_sim_network_locked_events

Phone.odex: label_network_unlock_titile

Phone.odex: network_blocked

Phone.odex:  sim_network_unlock_allow_dismiss

Edited by glossywhite

Guest gregorv

Hello glossywhite

I'm not pushing, just kindly asking you, if there are any new progress regarding proper unlock (no turbo sim).

Regarding your link from previous page, what is this, code calculator or ?

Kind regards.

Edited by gregorv

Guest glossywhite

Hello glossywhite

I'm not pushing, just kindly asking you, if there are any new progress regarding proper unlock (no turbo sim).

Regarding your link from previous page, what is this, code calculator or ?

Kind regards.

I'm sorry, no progress... yet...

Guest dadashi

Hi guys, over a month ago I phoned Orange and told them I wanted to use the OMC with another contract sim and Ive been an orange costumer on and off for some years...

Anyway today I got a letter from Orange out of the blue with the unlock code for my OMC!!! :D

I dont even remember giving them my imei number. I unlocked it straight away and am running my other sim....:)

Orange can be surprisingly very good at times....actually Ive never had any problems with them...I was only a little peed off with this OMC simlock, but no more....:lol:

now I have two x-sims I ordered, sealed and unused.... if anybody needs one pm me...

Edited by dadashi

Hi guys, over a month ago I phoned Orange and told them I wanted to use the OMC with another contract sim and Ive been an orange costumer on and off for some years...

Anyway today I got a letter from Orange out of the blue with the unlock code for my OMC!!! :D

I dont even remember giving them my imei number. I unlocked it straight away and am running my other sim....:)

Orange can be surprisingly very good at times....actually Ive never had any problems with them...I was only a little peed off with this OMC simlock, but no more....:lol:

now I have two x-sims I ordered, sealed and unused.... if anybody needs one pm me...

did they charge you anything ?

Guest Amphoras

Would you mind posting your IMEI and unlock code, in case it helps anyone to work out an algorithm now there are 2 people with unlock codes?

Guest dadashi

Tillaz, they didnt charge me anything, I had actualy given up any hope of an unlock code, hence the two x-sim I ordered...believe me I was surprised...

Amphoras, you have pm...

Guest glossywhite

Would you mind posting your IMEI and unlock code, in case it helps anyone to work out an algorithm now there are 2 people with unlock codes?

Hiya. How much for an X-SIM? I'll buy one now.

By contract sim you mean...an Orange contract sim?

I'm in the process of ringing Orange and threating to change networks if they don't meet my demand of unlocking my phone for free because I have been with Orange for 11 years, going to tell them that I use o2 aswell and I can't use o2 if my phone is stuck on Orange.

Guest dadashi

glossywhite, I havent actually got them yet...I ordered one off g.g.gadget yesterday so it might be in the post tomorow and the other one from dealextreme Im still waiting on...PM me in a couple of days...

Navie, its not an orange contract...and dont go threatening some call center employee :lol: I asked them nicely over a month ago and forgot about it but orange didnt...

Guest glossywhite

glossywhite, I havent actually got them yet...I ordered one off g.g.gadget yesterday so it might be in the post tomorow and the other one from dealextreme Im still waiting on...PM me in a couple of days...

Navie, its not an orange contract...and dont go threatening some call center employee :lol: I asked them nicely over a month ago and forgot about it but orange didnt...

Honey is sweeter than vinegar ;)

I e-mailed Orange and explained my issue, I asked for a free unlock as I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years, hopefully they will resolve my issue or I will ask for a PAC code and leave them.

Lets see how much they value their customers :lol:

Edited by Navie

Guest glossywhite

I keep finding more stuffs :)

I dumped ALL my /dev/mtd/mtdX devices to files, using dd, and did some string searches; LOOK:

matt@(none):/media/3BF2-190C/nand$ cat xdr.txt | grep sim

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_recv_sim_capabilities_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_send_sim_capabilities_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_recv_gsdi_usim_auth_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_recv_gsdi_illegal_sim_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_recv_gsdi_get_sim_cap_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_recv_gsdi_sim_access_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_recv_gsdi_activate_onchip_sim_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_send_gsdi_usim_auth_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_send_gsdi_illegal_sim_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_send_gsdi_get_sim_cap_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_send_gsdi_sim_access_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_send_gsdi_activate_onchip_sim_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_mmgsdilib_recv_mmgsdi_onchip_sim_state

mtd5.dmp: xdr_mmgsdilib_send_mmgsdi_onchip_sim_state

mtd5.dmp: xdr_mmgsdilib_recv_mmgsdi_act_onchip_sim_cnf_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_mmgsdilib_send_mmgsdi_usim_auth_cnf_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_mmgsdilib_send_mmgsdi_act_onchip_sim_cnf_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_mmgsdilib_send_mmgsdi_isim_auth_cnf_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_mmgsdilib_recv_mmgsdi_usim_auth_cnf_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_mmgsdilib_recv_mmgsdi_isim_auth_cnf_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_uim_recv_uim_get_usim_path_from_file_id_args_path_ptr

mtd5.dmp: xdr_uim_send_uim_get_usim_path_from_file_id_args_path_ptr

matt@(none):/media/3BF2-190C/nand$ cat xdr.txt | grep lock

mtd5.dmp: xdr_rpc_pdsm_wiper_cmd_cb_f_type_args_data_block_ptr

mtd5.dmp: xdr_rpc_pdsm_xtra_t_cmd_cb_f_type_args_data_block_ptr

mtd5.dmp: xdr_rpc_pdsm_xtra_cmd_cb_f_type_args_data_block_ptr

mtd5.dmp: xdr_rpc_pdsm_ext_pos_cmd_cb_f_type_args_data_block_ptr

mtd5.dmp: xdr_rpc_pdsm_lcs_cmd_cb_f_type_args_data_block_ptr

mtd5.dmp: xdr_rpc_pdsm_pa_cmd_cb_f_type_args_data_block_ptr

mtd5.dmp: xdr_rpc_pdsm_pd_cmd_cb_f_type_args_data_block_ptr

mtd5.dmp: xdr_rpc_pdsm_ext_status_event_f_type_args_data_block_ptr

mtd5.dmp: xdr_rpc_pdsm_gps_lock_e_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_recv_gsdi_perso_unblock_phone_code_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_recv_gsdi_perso_get_dck_unblock_num_retries_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_recv_gsdi_unblock_pin_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_recv_gsdi_perso_unblock_feature_ind_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_send_gsdi_perso_unblock_phone_code_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_send_gsdi_perso_get_dck_unblock_num_retries_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_send_gsdi_unblock_pin_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_gsdi_exp_send_gsdi_perso_unblock_feature_ind_cnf_T

mtd5.dmp: xdr_rpc_loc_lock_e_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_rpc_loc_lock_e_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_nv_send_nv_lock_code_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_nv_recv_nv_lock_code_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_nv_send_nv_ue_netlock_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_nv_recv_nv_ue_netlock_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_nv_recv_nv_sid_nid_lock_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_nv_recv_nv_sid_lock_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_nv_recv_nv_jcdma_uim_lock_data

mtd5.dmp: xdr_nv_send_nv_sid_nid_lock_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_nv_send_nv_sid_lock_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_nv_send_nv_jcdma_uim_lock_data

matt@(none):/media/3BF2-190C/nand$ 

Isn't it possible to find the unlock through matematics?...if you have 3 different IMEI + unlock codes then maybe a relationship can be found? Just an idea because I was thinking how its possible to make a unlock generator.