My OSF crashes at least once a day!

Guest Big Don Vespa

Guest Big Don Vespa

As stated above, my phone crashes at least once a day. There are certain apps that I know definitely make it crash but it also happens doing random things. Maps and Gallery are guaranteed to make it crash.

I don't believe it is rom specific as it's happened using CM7, SS and MCR 12.

Anyone else having/had this problem?

Big Don Vespa

Guest winckler

I hade the same problem in CM7 because I was overclocking to 700 mhz..when I did overclock back to 600 it was ok, I used Ss to but did not overclock..so maybe this helps :)

good luck.

Guest The Soup Thief

Does it reboot if you shake it?

If yes you might want to check the battery contacts are making good contact with the cell and perhaps bend them out a bit - careful as if you snap them off you've screwed it

I've known a couple of people have problems with this (though there are plenty other reasons it might be happening)

Perhaps an old microSD card coming to the end of it's life after too much cacheing to it?

I just noticed that you've written that certain apps / events seem to trigger it. Look at a log and particularly notice any temperature spikes being registered if you use maps or other GPS apps. The log should tell you what happens immediately prior to resets. (sorry i didn't read that line sooner)

Also undo any overclocking. There's no need for it IMHO (unless you want to charge your phone more often)

Guest t.A.T.u

i had exactly same problem when i uppgraded my phone to cyanogenmod 7. so what i did was that i restarted with Recoery and reinstalled everything in my phone by choosing "wipe data/fasctory reset" (in Recory page) then i deleted everything in the phone. After that i changed CPU only up to 691Mhz (to make phone little bit faster). Do it and see if it works for you too, and also DO NOT install anything that you dont know nothing about, like some application that other tell you to install that makes your phone faster or bullshit. Do not even install Clockwork mod recovery in ROM Manager. I asked some people about same problem and my phone also lagged so all they told was installing programs that could fix my phone and make it faster but im sorry it was all bullshits, my phone just got worser. So just wipe factory reset and only install programms that you really need from Market. If your phone has ADW Launcher as default launcher then install Go launcher EX (its free) from Market and have it as your default launcher (which is much better for phones then ADW Launcher)

Guest Chocolate Columbo

I 'had' this issue after my first update to CM7 but it didn't last long. It would usually be if I was listening to music or generally using the phone then opened any browser. The phone would lock up and reboot and work fine from then. It was overclocked to 710. Since I upgraded to the next nightly, not a single freeze.

I've managed to lock it up by over-overclocking it to 806, switching apps multiple times and changing a load of settings in a small time frame, but of course that was forced. I haven't had any unforced issues since N120, running N156 stable OC to 729 every day and there's a lot of junk installed on my phone.

Guest Big Don Vespa

Ok, my phone isn't overclocked and there doesn't seem to be any loose connections.

If I dump a log on here would someone be able to understand all the gibberish and see if they can spot anything untoward?