09 Aug: Superboot - root access for the ZTE Skate

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Bartosz Szczesny

You should follow the instructions in the described order. If you see the green Android as soon as you plug the USB, you did not. Because at that moment, the phone should be switched off.

Please retry and really follow it step by step.

Hi Chris,

I really followed step by step. As soon as the phone is connected to USB from a PC, the phone shows the green Android. The Android man flashes, between on and off.

Funny thing, I followed the steps too and the green Android guy showed up as soon as the USB was plugged in (yes, the phone was off, yes, the battery was not even in the phone).

What worked for me was to switch the phone off, take the battery out, hold both [Vol-] and [Home/Menu] buttons as described, and then, while still holding them down, plug the USB cable. Connecting the phone was like pressing the power button in my case I guess (?). The instructions appeared on the Linux terminal and the phone was rooted (battery still out at this point). It didn't reboot though and I had to switch it off (I think by unplugging the USB) and on again but now with the battery inside (obviously). Then the phone started normally and I had the root app installed.

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.png

Hope that helps and thanks to all who helped me de-Orange my Blade and Skate.

B

Guest trueno2k

Hi,

Just wondering why I can't download the superboot file???... Do I have to have a modaco premium account???... everytime I press the DOWNLOAD button from the link, I get nothing!!!... PLEASE, I need help getting the superboot for OMC!!!...

Thanks

Guest waqar 786

Hi, im using zte skate and i rootd my device according to the superboot's tutorial. it got root successfully then i installed the ROM Manager app from the market and when i tried to add ROM using that my device jus wont go into the recovery when it says reboot i click that but the phone restarts n on the start up screen where it shows the green android icon it vibrates there n without going into the recovery it starts up again from the start up screen n ma device starts normally can any1 help plzzzzzz i also tried to go into the recovery by pressing the volume down button but unfortunately same happens it dont go into the recovery!!

And secondly last night i downloaded the FONT CHANGER app from the market and when i tried to change the font everything jus got stuck there.. then i jus took my battery out n put it back in when i turned ma phone back on it gets stuck on the start up screen where it shows the green android icon n it stays stuck there no matter how long i wait its jus jammed .... PLZ HELP ME OUT !

Guest yyxt11a

You are a Genius!

Funny thing, I followed the steps too and the green Android guy showed up as soon as the USB was plugged in (yes, the phone was off, yes, the battery was not even in the phone).

What worked for me was to switch the phone off, take the battery out, hold both [Vol-] and [Home/Menu] buttons as described, and then, while still holding them down, plug the USB cable. Connecting the phone was like pressing the power button in my case I guess (?). The instructions appeared on the Linux terminal and the phone was rooted (battery still out at this point). It didn't reboot though and I had to switch it off (I think by unplugging the USB) and on again but now with the battery inside (obviously). Then the phone started normally and I had the root app installed.

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.png

Hope that helps and thanks to all who helped me de-Orange my Blade and Skate.

B

Hello. I rooted my phone (withou any problem), but now wifi doesn't work? :( Help

EDIT: OK. I recovered boot.img from my backup and now wifi works. :)

Edited by spigot

Guest Johnny Hung

Hello. I rooted my phone (withou any problem), but now wifi doesn't work? :( Help

EDIT: OK. I recovered boot.img from my backup and now wifi works. :)

Can you provide your official ROM backup image to me. I verify again !

I had to re-build the new program for Android 2.3.5 root , try again ! and reply the result to me!!

new package : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3QHBRBJ9

Guest Johnny Hung

CAN ANY1 TELL ME HOW TO UNBRICK ZTE SKATE ??? Iv accidently Bricked my phone !!!

I think , Have some idea for your status

Solution 1

1-1. download the tool package that include root program / recovery image / splash image

download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3QHBRBJ9

1-2 download the Official ROM or any ROM that your want to flash ex:CM7 or BlueMonte ....

2. extract the your pc

3. power off the phone

4. press and hold the VOL down + Home button and then press the POWER button

the screen will keep on the splash image (the first screen of power on )

5. Connect your phone to PC (you need to install the phone driver ,first )

6. into the folder of the package

7. execute the 0_Install_CWM_recovery.bat (your phone will reboot two time, on the second booting , put out your battery for power off phone)

8. Now, you should be install the CWM-base recovery image , and the into to recovery mode (Hold the VOL down + Power Button)

9. Flash the new ROM !

Solution 2:

1. download the TPT file (Official ROM , the format is image.bin) (ex: http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/mobile/UK/UK_SoftWare/201109/P020110913588240734380.zip)

2. install the image.bin to the path /image/ of sdcard

3. install the sdcard to your phone

4. Hold the VOL UP+ Menu button and then press the power button

5. Your phone will into the sdcard flash system , and reboot after flash finish !

Good Luck ~

Edited by Johnny Hung

Guest waqar 786

NO it did not work for mine !!! sad.gif actually i rooted my phone and i installed the font changer app to my phone n when i tried to change the font it said "please wait device rebooting" and evrything just got stuck there so i took the battery out and when i tried to turn my phone back on it wont show anything accept a blank screen .... when i turn it on the Small red LED flashes and then its just the blank screen .. It wont even go into recovery if i try that !!!! sad.gif

i bought this phone only a week ago CAN U PLZ TELME WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY PHONE AND HOW CAN I FIX IT ?????? sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Guest tilal6991

NO it did not work for mine !!! sad.gif actually i rooted my phone and i installed the font changer app to my phone n when i tried to change the font it said "please wait device rebooting" and evrything just got stuck there so i took the battery out and when i tried to turn my phone back on it wont show anything accept a blank screen .... when i turn it on the Small red LED flashes and then its just the blank screen .. It wont even go into recovery if i try that !!!! sad.gif

i bought this phone only a week ago CAN U PLZ TELME WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY PHONE AND HOW CAN I FIX IT ?????? sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

I think you're out of battery.