09 Aug: ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.1.4 (unofficial MoDaCo edition) for the ZTE Skate

Guest PaulOBrien

i really have no idea about mac OS, best advice a i can give is... if you get no answers in here make a new topic as it will get more attention, hopefully a mac user will be able to assist you in getting this sorted.

Guest glossywhite

I got it working in Ubuntu, but only after doing this:

1/ 'cd' to the 'platform-tools/' dir inside latest Android SDK

2/ execute "./adb reboot bootloader"

3/ 'cd' back to the CWM r4 directory which you extracted from this thread, and run:

A >> chmod a+x fastboot-linux

B >> ./fastboot-linux flash recovery clockworkmod.img

C >> ./fastboot-linux reboot

See how this is being done? I'm using the sdk adb version to put the phone into bootloader mode, and then switching to the CWM fastboot tool to flash the cwm image.

Hope this helps! I'm a little tired to explain further, but do ask if you need help.

Nice work with Blue Monte, by the way! :D

Edited by glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Simple question: How come this CWM backs up my OMC *so* fast? I used to use CWM on my blade, and it would take like 10-15 mins... what's changed?

WOW!

Thanks

Guest trueno2k

Hi,

I've just tried downloading the CWM flash file and all I get is this download button popup which does absolutely nothing!!!... What do I need to get this???... PLEASE, need the file to get CWM!!!???...

Thanks

Guest trueno2k

Have you got your skate in debugging mode under development section in the settings? If not, you might wanna check you usb host in Windows has fully installed the ADB drivers and interface!... Hope that helps... ^_^

Guest Geeks Squad
Have you got your skate in debugging mode under development section in the settings? If not, you might wanna check you usb host in Windows has fully installed the ADB drivers and interface!... Hope that helps... ^_^

Yes i have it in USB debugging that ticked not sure on the ADB but I did install the handset USB drivers on the first time i plugged the phone to one of my USB...

Hello all

I wonder if someone can help me i have just bought myself a ZTE Skate on Orange. But I'm having some problem putting ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.1.4 on it I have installed the drivers that come with the phone when you first plugged it into a USB. But when I click on install-recovery-windows.exe i get this message...

Any help would be great cheers...

It looks like problem I had. Take a look in computer management if you have same problem: http://android.modac...ost__p__1816348

If so, use driver from this post: http://android.modac...ost__p__1816381

• 2 weeks later...
Guest painkiller_93

This week I will receive my ZTE Skate from Movistar Spain. I'm wondering if I can follow this tutorial to install recovery and it will work with my phone or if it only works with orange montecarlo, as I don't want to brick my phone. If it won't work with my Skate, is there any other way do install recovery?

Guest painkiller_93

This week I will receive my ZTE Skate from Movistar Spain. I'm wondering if I can follow this tutorial to install recovery and it will work with my phone or if it only works with orange montecarlo, as I don't want to brick my phone. If it won't work with my Skate, is there any other way do install recovery?

Today I received my Spanish Skate and I could root it and install recovery using this link:

Android 2.3.4 /2.3.5 root and recovery installation package : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7NKE5AR

I root the Taiwan mobile Android 2.3.5 ROM success !!

Please click the correct patch file for root your phone!!

Enjoy it!!!

Thanks Johnny Hung!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nofan Tasi

Thanks for the CWM recovery for Skate!

I am running Cyanogenmod now.

Question: is there any way to upgrade the recovery from 4.0.1.4 ?

(not that I need it, just curious)

Guest Wacky.ddw

I noticed when i installed clockworkmod on a friends ZTE it looked blue, wile it looked orange on my phone. Then i noticed that my clockworkmod was updated to 4.0.1.5.

How could that have possiblely happened????

Here is my unofficial MoDaCo build of ClockworkMod for the ZTE Skate / aka Orange Monte Carlo.

You use this image at your own risk! Proceed with caution!

• ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.1.4 unofficial MoDaCo Edition - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 8550e90105f299d65c4022f61df70de6

The superboot image is also 'insecure', allowing you to use 'adb remount' as well as having full ADB root access to your device.

How to install - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the zip file above and extract to a directory

- Ensure USB debugging is enabled in 'Settings -> Development' and that, if on Windows, you have installed any requested drivers

- WINDOWS - double click 'install-recovery-windows.bat'

- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-recovery-mac.sh'

- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by 'sudo ./install-recovery-linux.sh'

That's it! Enjoy! ;)

You can reboot to recovery by issuing the 'adb reboot recovery' command or using a reboot utility from the Android Market.

P

There are a couple of errors here:

1) the zip file contains scripts called install-recovery-... and not install-superboot-...

2) running the script does not root the phone as stated.

A subsequent post says that it is necessary to install a different ROM in order to root the phone.

If this is so how does one root the original orange stuff?

I bought an OMC this morning and just want to root it.<br><br>&lt;br&gt;<br>EDIT:<br>&lt;br&gt;<br>I just found the superboot thread and it seems to do what I want.<br>It appears the post at the top of this thread was copied from the top post in the superboot thread but not completely changed as required.<br>

Edited by bob214

Guest vdubster

There are a couple of errors here:

1) the zip file contains scripts called install-recovery-... and not install-superboot-...

2) running the script does not root the phone as stated.

A subsequent post says that it is necessary to install a different ROM in order to root the phone.

If this is so how does one root the original orange stuff?

I bought an OMC this morning and just want to root it.<br><br>&lt;br&gt;<br>EDIT:<br>&lt;br&gt;<br>I just found the superboot thread and it seems to do what I want.<br>It appears the post at the top of this thread was copied from the top post in the superboot thread but not completely changed as required.<br>

Your in the wrong thread if all you want is root.

This is the recovery thread so that answer both your questions

You want this thread My link

J

Your in the wrong thread if all you want is root.

This is the recovery thread so that answer both your questions

You want this thread My link

J

If you read my post you will see that I said I had found the superboot thread, but I followed this one because it installs clockwork AND also claims to leave the phone rooted. But it doesn't - hence my post.