Marks out of 10

Guest colinf

Guest colinf

still havnt bought mine yet, however........... compared to the latest and more expensive tablets on the market how do you more experienced owners rate the vega out of 10 - and be honest now

Guest xathras

still havnt bought mine yet, however........... compared to the latest and more expensive tablets on the market how do you more experienced owners rate the vega out of 10 - and be honest now

You have already got one topic going on the subject of your buying/not buying a Vega. Starting another one is not going to win you any friends. Please do not start yet another one.

http://android.modac...ve-vega-newbie/

You seem to be asking us to tell you what to buy. The simple answer is that with the custom ROMs available, the Vega is undoubtedly the best value for money tablet around. If you have the money, there are tablets with higher specifications. There, you make the choice.

Guest colinf

You have already got one topic going on the subject of your buying/not buying a Vega. Starting another one is not going to win you any friends. Please do not start yet another one.

You seem to be asking us to tell you what to buy. The simple answer is that with the custom ROMs available, the Vega is undoubtedly the best value for money tablet around. If you have the money, there are tablets with higher specifications. There, you make the choice.

sorry for asking....i thought forums were meant for others to ask for guidance and help - even when considering a purchase.

My other post was more to discuss how to mod it if i bought one.

I love my VEGA but I only use it for casual sofa surfing, the odd game and comic reading.

If I had other needs or more money I would buy a newer HC tablet.

For me the only downside is the screen viewing angles, and the screen generally when using an App that only shows in portrait mode i.e. BBC News.

8 / 10

Edited by Guest

Guest xathras

sorry for asking....i thought forums were meant for others to ask for guidance and help - even when considering a purchase.

My other post was more to discuss how to mod it if i bought one.

I'm sorry for sounding a bit peevish. You're quite right, forums are for asking for help, and in your first topic several people gave good replies to your original questions. If you do buy a Vega there are many people who will help you set it up. My point was that you could have equally well conducted your "poll" in your original topic; Prospective Vega Newbie. It's not good etiquette to create new topics about essentially the same thing.

The screen isn't great, and it's quite heavy, but what can you expect at the price. The amazing work by the developers adds a lot of value.

Guest diamondgar

It depends on your usage really. I am really happy with the Vega and i wouldnt have paid any more for a Tablet because i already have a laptop with can do all the same things, the Vega is just a nice extra toy for me to use to couch surf. As others have said, there are better tablets for sure but the Vega is extremely good value for money.

It is also worth checking out the Hannspad which is possibly better than the Vega and now cheaper, but not sure if it will have the same level of developer support.

Overall i would be slightly hesitant to buy the Vega now, when there is a good chance there will be a load of tablets along soonish with ICS on them, also some of the HC tablets will probably get heavy discounts before christmas to try and sell them off before the next gen comes out.

But if you want a tablet now and have about £200 to spend then the Vega is a 7/10. Marks off for the screen, not fully running honeycomb and only 500mb or ram. If VegaComb gets a stable release with full hardware accelaration then its up to a 8.

Guest fungun

I have had the tablet for about 2 months now.

The not so good:

(These are based on personal preferences)

The screen view angle is bad, but when u find the good position it is ok.,

The screen touch response is poor, I can't play games like fruit ninja,

Not enough physical buttons to work with android OS < 3.0 effectively, need to use work around,

There is not a single stable and usable honeycomb (>3.0) build (for me),

No USB charging capability,

The volume is very low,

For me it is kind too big to be used everywhere comfortably, 8" would be perfect.

Note: once I set it up and applied workarounds it is very usable

My ratings are as follow:

not considering the price - 7/10

considering the price - 8.5/10

Guest simonta

IMHO, it's the wrong question.

For £200, 10/10. It can't be beaten. If you want to spend £200 or thereabout, stop looking. If you want to spend 4-500, Galaxy or Transformer.

Compared to all other current tablets:

1. Performance. 9/10

2. Battery. 8/10

3. Customisation. 10/10

4. Screen. 6/10 (8/10 for price/value)

5. Connectivity. 10/10.

6. Weight for 10" tab. 8/10

7. Utility. 8/10.

8. Value. 10/10

If you want the best, then it's the Galaxy 10.1, or arguably the Asus Transformer but you pay for them. The 10.1 outdoes the iPad in every department (that's why Apple are getting so aggressive with them). If you want cheapest usable, difficult but probably Hannspree. It you want best bang for the buck - definitely Vega.