Orange Monte Carlo: No GTalk and No MoDaCo

Guest todoleo

Guest todoleo

My Orange Monte Carlo has two major flaws: no Google Talk (which my girlfriend and I use instead of SMS) and when on the Orange mobile network's data service no access to MoDaCo because the content of the site is deemed to be for over 18s only.

Fail Orange, serious fail!

Guest sej7278

My Orange Monte Carlo has two major flaws: no Google Talk (which my girlfriend and I use instead of SMS) and when on the Orange mobile network's data service no access to MoDaCo because the content of the site is deemed to be for over 18s only.

wtf, how can it have no google talk? have you tried just getting it from the market (or, ahem, talk2.apk from a blade?) although i think that may only be google voice. nice way to lock you into using sms though orange :angry:

content restriction may be due to it being payg (no proof of age) still a bit crap to be enabled by default.

Guest marra2

use opera mini cuts the over 18 rubbish !!!

Guest todoleo

Thanks for all the kind help and replies. I look forwward to using the kitchen when I get home from work tonight. To use MoDaCo I have my trusty Samsung Galaxy Pro.

Orange have enraged me. As soon as an inexpensive way of network unlocking the Monte Carlo is available, I'll unlock it and put in my Three SIM.