19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kayceejayh

Yikes.. is it just me or is the browser laggy as hell? Crawls like crazy, even the mobile version of Modaco chugs along aloooooowly :-/

K

Guest stevenz

The following scripts need:

#!/system/bin/sh

added to the top of them to prevent issues with adb:

/system/bin/pm

/system/bin/am

/system/bin/bmgr

/system/bin/ime

/system/bin/input

/system/bin/svc

/system/bin/monkey

The /etc/audio/bluetooth.conf file could optionally be modified similar to the current CM github to improve bluetooth audio support & generally reduce dropouts:

[General]

Enable=Sink,Control,Headset,Gateway,Source

Disable=

Master=true

#SCORouting=PCM

AutoConnect=true

[Headset]

HFP=true

MaxConnections=3

[A2DP]

SBCSources=1

MPEG12Sources=0

[AVRCP]

InputDeviceName=AVRCP

Looks pretty good though, all working well!

There still seems to be a lot of the Samsung bloat in there though, like the AP Reader, Accuweather, SocialHub, Wi-Fi Sharing, Yahoo Finance, etc.

It'd also be greatly appreciated to have the extended power menu and AppWidgetPicker on there.

Edited by stevenz

Yikes.. is it just me or is the browser laggy as hell? Crawls like crazy, even the mobile version of Modaco chugs along aloooooowly :-/

K

Yes, this seems to be a problem with KG6 and de-odexing. Investigating.

The following scripts need:

#!/system/bin/sh

added to the top of them to prevent issues with adb:

/system/bin/pm

/system/bin/am

/system/bin/bmgr

/system/bin/ime

/system/bin/input

/system/bin/svc

/system/bin/monkey

The /etc/audio/bluetooth.conf file could optionally be modified similar to the current CM github to improve bluetooth audio support & generally reduce dropouts:

[General]

Enable=Sink,Control,Headset,Gateway,Source

Disable=

Master=true

#SCORouting=PCM

AutoConnect=true

[Headset]

HFP=true

MaxConnections=3

[A2DP]

SBCSources=1

MPEG12Sources=0

[AVRCP]

InputDeviceName=AVRCP

Looks pretty good though, all working well!

There still seems to be a lot of the Samsung bloat in there though, like the AP Reader, Accuweather, SocialHub, Wi-Fi Sharing, Yahoo Finance, etc.

It'd also be greatly appreciated to have the extended power menu and AppWidgetPicker on there.

Script fixes - in.

Bluetooth optimisations - no an expert option in the kitchen.

AppWidgetPicker - now a 'MoDaCo addition' in the kitchen.

Other bloat - investigating. :)

As ever a great job by Paul. :)

Now for my usual request, any chance of getting rid of the power off vibrate, ( :angry: ) please.

You're obsessed man! :D

I'll look into it. ;)

P

Guest Chet T16

Just flashed over villain rom 2.4.2 without a wipe with no issues.

Any recommendations for a BLN compatible cable?

Also, +1 for battery percentage and mobile data toggle (if only out of laziness!)

Updated! :)

P

Changelog

12 Aug 10:00

• Shell script fixes (thanks stevenz)
  • Bluetooth enhancement option (thanks stevenz)
  • AppWidgetPicker added (user request)
  • GetJar app added

Guest Pakatus

Yes, this seems to be a problem with KG6 and de-odexing. Investigating.

Yes...you're right.

There's already being fixed all over XDA.

Maybe this info will come handy

External Link

In the Meanwhile, you can allways use other browser to avoid Lag...like Opera Mini.

Back in the request department...please percentage over battery :)

Yes...you're right.

There's already being fixed all over XDA.

Maybe this info will come handy

External Link

In the Meanwhile, you can allways use other browser to avoid Lag...like Opera Mini.

Back in the request department...please percentage over battery :)

Thanks, that looks useful.

Which percentage battery mod are you referring to? Could add as a non default option, not a fan myself. :P

P

Guest Pakatus

Thanks, that looks useful.

Which percentage battery mod are you referring to? Could add as a non default option, not a fan myself. :P

P

Dont need much.

I know people all arround love all kind of battery mods, but we can theme it later if framework-res.apk is not odexed.

Just need a percentage over battery...more AOSP as possible, would make me happy :D

Guest declanc

P. Just to let you know, the last ROM I baked (with stock launcher and minus TouchWiz) is fine.

I still got the Fc for BuddieWidget thing - I had not checked SNS as an option. it only appeared once during initial setup wizard and hasn't occurred since

No other issues - works great

D

P. Just to let you know, the last ROM I baked (with stock launcher and minus TouchWiz) is fine.

I still got the Fc for BuddieWidget thing - I had not checked SNS as an option. it only appeared once during initial setup wizard and hasn't occurred since

No other issues - works great

D

Cool, i've moved the Buddies app into the IM package, so that should be resolved now.

P

Guest perosb

there is something fishy somewhere, if I remove most of the Samsung stuff, and include more android/aosp, there doesn't seem to be a Google Account provider anymore.

my google account is gone, GTalk and Gmail crashes, Market tells me to add an account.

I'm guessing this is also why I can't get passed the select language/touch the droid screen if I do a full wipe.

there is something fishy somewhere, if I remove most of the Samsung stuff, and include more android/aosp, there doesn't seem to be a Google Account provider anymore.

my google account is gone, GTalk and Gmail crashes, Market tells me to add an account.

I'm guessing this is also why I can't get passed the select language/touch the droid screen if I do a full wipe.

You're right - some of the core Google bits were getting mistakenly included with the Google Quick Search Box. This is now fixed. :)

P

Updated! :)

P

Changelog

12 Aug 13:15

• Added stock Gingerbread Email application
  • Updated kitchen text to note dependency on Social Hub for Samsung email application

Guest t0ph0id

I tried flashing this morning, got stuck on the first screen with the green android/emergency dial/change language.

It registered that I was pressing the screen, but wouldn't do anything.

Will try again this evening.