19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Updated! :)

P

Changelog

12 Aug 15:30

• Modified build.prop to solve problem with apps not appearing in the Market (masquerade as Nexus S, option to revert)
  • Added Google Videos
  • Added sicopat's advanced power menu / battery percentage mod as an option

Any chance of ADW as a launcher option?

Also, anything I need to include to make sure I keep the sweet clipboard function.

Cheers

No, since you can just install that from the Market and it's very much personal preference (I use GoLauncher for example).

The clipboard functionality should be retained regardless.

P

Alright, first prebake is up, vanilla edition to follow! :)

Let me know your feature requests for Gr2... I know a BLN compatible kernel is right up there... ;)

P

Guest perosb

Let me know your feature requests for Gr2... I know a BLN compatible kernel is right up there...

P

Doesnt the BLN stuff prevent the phone from sleeping? Maybe the kernel can support it still though...

Guest Pakatus

Alright, first prebake is up, vanilla edition to follow! :)

Let me know your feature requests for Gr2... I know a BLN compatible kernel is right up there... ;)

P

Actually 2 :)

My request for Mobile Data Toggle in user bar ...is a no go?! :(

Doesnt the BLN stuff prevent the phone from sleeping? Maybe the kernel can support it still though...

Actually yes..you're right.

However its a tiny usage...we have to give something to get something back.

Made a tests with CPU usage and leting the blinks on after a missed call (it only triggers there), keeps the cyle on 200MHz, and the Deep Sleep is only some secs.

After we kill the leds (turn the screen on and cleaning the notification), deep sleep period gets bigger.

So i guess, deepsleep is only a issue while it's blinking, since after you kill it...the DeepSleep cycle gets bigger.

Edited by Pakatus

Guest t0ph0id

Only whilst it's being used.

Using the BLN app by Neldar you can set how long it's active for, after that the phone can deep sleep again.

Guest declanc

Undecided. :)

P

I would like it too ! :)

I will create Tasker profile to turn it off when I'm at work and home, but Its a nice to have to make it easier to switch it on on the fly when I'm out and about (like someone else said - save the Power button !)

Edited by declanc

Guest kayceejayh

Is there any way to separate the battery percentage and advance power menu mods? I don't really like the percentage thing, but would like the power menu..

K

Is there any way to separate the battery percentage and advance power menu mods? I don't really like the percentage thing, but would like the power menu..

K

Not now, but it's coming!

P

I've just added 'Odex Me' to the kitchen, you can also download it as an APK here - DOWNLOAD - if downloading manually you must push it to /system/app.

Running this application (from the launcher) will reboot your device and on startup odex your /system/app directory. This will save you valuable space in /data/dalvik-cache... but remember you can't make changes to /system/framework without reflashing after you've done this. Be aware that the odexing takes a little while and should NOT be interrupted, so when the app reboots your phone, be patient.

This is currently in Beta testing, use at your own risk, backup first etc. etc., reflash ROM if you encounter any issues.

Let me know how you get one! :)

P

PS You can tell if it's worked it's magic because you'll have a bunch of .odex files in /system/app

PPS This SHOULD work on any ROM with init.d support, but obviously that is untested.

Guest kayceejayh

Not now, but it's coming!

P

Top bloke - I dislike the % thing because it makes me watch the battery going down.. ignorance is bliss ;)

Nice work on the CWM Icon - like it over the original one.

K

I'm thinking about which prebakes to put online, maybe 4 or so...

As well as 'default options' I'm going to upload 'Vanilla edition' (minimal Samsung stuff, maximum stock Google stuff)... any other requests?

How about an 'Antisocial edition' with all the SNS stuff removed? :D

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat

I'm thinking about which prebakes to put online, maybe 4 or so...

As well as 'default options' I'm going to upload 'Vanilla edition' (minimal Samsung stuff, maximum stock Google stuff)... any other requests?

How about an 'Antisocial edition' with all the SNS stuff removed? :D

P

I'm liking the Vanilla idea with minimal Samsung apps, I much prefer the standard Google ones, and don't need all the hub stuff. I'd rather choose my own facebook/twitter clients too. So "Vanilla Anti-Social" for me please :) That said, I could easily bake it myself :)

Guest WearTheFoxHat

I need to have a search, but do we have a definitive list of things which need to be done to change ROM?

Or is it:

Download Rom file to SD card

Boot into Clockwork,

Install new ROM,

Wipe caches?

Reboot?

Secondly? Is it just updating the kernel which has a counter attached, or does changing roms update the counter too?

Guest Chet T16

Dammit, flashed twice today without problems and just flashed with the lastest additions and its stuck on the boot anim :/

I didn't wipe any of the times so i wonder whats causing it now. Could the battery percent option cause trouble without a wipe?