Watching 720p .mkv HD files, which tablet advice.

Guest pittuf

Guest pittuf

Hi all, I may be taking a new job soon which will replace my two hour daily car journey with a two hour train journey. This will mean that I now have two hours to kill where I can do something other than avoid all the other motorists on the roads of the UK. So I thought this is a perfect opportunity to watch some of the stuff I download and free up my evenings for other things like going out and having a life away from the TV.

I am pretty new to tablets and there seems to be so many different ones available with such a variety of prices I am unsure of which one would suit my needs. I really just want it watch 720p .mkv files and no other reason. I'm not going to be whipping it out and surfing the net in a coffee shop while eating cakes or showing if off to friends, just watch stuff on the train while going to and from work. (Maybe games as well I suppose?)

I'm not really constrained to a budget but if I can find a cheap one that does what I want I will choose that ahead of a more expensive one for sure.

I'm even open to other ideas, a tablet might not be the best route? A netbook or laptop even?

Any ideas or pointers would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Jon

• 1 month later...