CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

Lailt, you said that you fixed the proximity sensor, but I'm sorry to say that when ever I use the phone to make / take a call after a fresh boot, the screen still stays black after taking the phone away from my ear or finger until I start pressing buttons to relight the screen again, or I have to go into settings / device settings and calibrate the sensors again after booting the phone up... Are you SURE that this has been fixed???

I've had the phone pre-partition tpt'd which only contains CWM before flashing a pre-modded version of your CM7-Skate version 3.5 so that I don't get any interference from anything I would have installed on the phone previously, and I've repeated the flash on a fresh tpt OMC 4 times now due to some rather annoying fuckups when I was setting the phone up with the settings and app installations, and every time the screen stays black after removing my finger from the proximity sensor during a call test...

Am I the only one here who is still having this problem? I would much rather have the ZTE Skate app to quicky re-calibrate the proximity sensor than the device settings option under settings!...

Most other people say it has been fixed - I can't test it myself because my proximity sensor has a hardware fault but many others have confirmed the fix.

Guest dadashi

The sensor definitely works, I phoned several times today....when its on hands free the sensor doesnt work at all and screen stay on when pressed to ear, that a cm7 thing...the other 2.3.5 roms turn off the screen in hands free close up

I installed the ZTE tools for calibration from a titanium backup i had...works in cm7 fine, just tested...

Edited by dadashi

Guest trueno2k

The sensor definitely works, I phoned several times today....when its on hands free the sensor doesnt work at all and screen stay on when pressed to ear, that a cm7 thing...the other 2.3.5 roms turn off the screen in hands free close up

I installed the ZTE tools for calibration from a titanium backup i had...works in cm7 fine, just tested...

Can you try making a call just after you have fully rebooted the phone and then cover & release the proximity sensor with your finger to see if the screen comes back alive...

You see, the thing is, as long as I remember to recalibrate the sensor straight after fully rebooting my OMC I'm alright, but if I forget and then I make or receive a call without calibrating, it means screen stalls until I start pressing buttons to revive the screen again...

Would much appreciate three help in resolving this little issue...

Thanks...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest tilal6991

Can you try making a call just after you have fully rebooted the phone and then cover & release the proximity sensor with your finger to see if the screen comes back alive...

You see, the thing is, as long as I remember to recalibrate the sensor straight after fully rebooting my OMC I'm alright, but if I forget and then I make or receive a call without calibrating, it means screen stalls until I start pressing buttons to revive the screen again...

Would much appreciate three help in resolving this little issue...

Thanks...

Would it be OK if I calibrate proximity sensor on every boot?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Most other people say it has been fixed - I can't test it myself because my proximity sensor has a hardware fault but many others have confirmed the fix.

So your screen is always black then? If it is a hardware fault why dont you use the waranty for a replacement ZTE?

Guest tilal6991

So your screen is always black then? If it is a hardware fault why dont you use the waranty for a replacement ZTE?

I;m not fussed to be perfectly honest. It's a minor thing for me and I just enable power button to end call which fixes it for me.

Guest trueno2k

I;m not fussed to be perfectly honest. It's a minor thing for me and I just enable power button to end call which fixes it for me.

Well I suppose... I'll just have to live with it!... I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem because the screen works properly once I calibrate the sensors every time I do a reboot from either a crash or when my device feels sluggish... Just out of curiosity how do I find out if the device is faulty?

Guest tilal6991

Well I suppose... I'll just have to live with it!... I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem because the screen works properly once I calibrate the sensors every time I do a reboot from either a crash or when my device feels sluggish... Just out of curiosity how do I find out if the device is faulty?

If, even after you calibrate, it doesn't work.

Guest trueno2k

If, even after you calibrate, it doesn't work.

No, the screen stays black during and after a call if I don't remember to calibrate after a full reboot and before getting / making a phone call, once calibrated the proximity sensor works as it should...

I only brought this up because I thought I let you know that the fix doesn't work on my phone and that I still need to calibrate after rebooting the phone...

Maybe there is something wrong with my proximity sensor, maybe the unlock procedure to get this phone sim-free might have done something to the phone, I wouldn't know how to find out...

Well thanks for you responses, have a good day :P

Guest tilal6991

No, the screen stays black during and after a call if I don't remember to calibrate after a full reboot and before getting / making a phone call, once calibrated the proximity sensor works as it should...

I only brought this up because I thought I let you know that the fix doesn't work on my phone and that I still need to calibrate after rebooting the phone...

Maybe there is something wrong with my proximity sensor, maybe the unlock procedure to get this phone sim-free might have done something to the phone, I wouldn't know how to find out...

Well thanks for you responses, have a good day

What I'll do is put up a flash able boot image that calibrates the sensor on every boot. So you won't need to remember any longer.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Euuhm i dont find this option blink.gif not that i have the the proximity isue, but still ive had it in the past so it would be handy.

Nevermind found it "settings accessablity > power button ends call"

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest tilal6991

@Tilal,will you be releasing a new build when cm goes 7.2 ?

If so could you be so kind to enable softkeys when you compile :D

I'll just port over the one from the Blade - I've got rid of all the sources on my laptop.

I'll just port over the one from the Blade - I've got rid of all the sources on my laptop.

When I wanted softbuttons on blade,I simply took frameworkres.apk from a cm build with them enabled.

Would that still work,if say I found a blade build,that is most recent and take frameworkres.apk?

Guest tilal6991

When I wanted softbuttons on blade,I simply took frameworkres.apk from a cm build with them enabled.

Would that still work,if say I found a blade build,that is most recent and take frameworkres.apk?

Yeah it would.

Yeah it would.

Do you know exactly where the softbuttons are in frameworkres.apk ?

I was thinking maybe take only the required files with winrar and drop them onto my frameworkres.apk.

Edit: it does not work with skate.I used the blade frameworkres.apk and there was no softbuttons in cm settings,and it forked menus and s*** :lol:

Edited by Guest

Guest trueno2k

What I'll do is put up a flash able boot image that calibrates the sensor on every boot. So you won't need to remember any longer.

So this is just a boot.img file that is flashed over the current one in my phone and which will calibrate the proximity sensor upon loading into Gingerbread...

If that can be done, that would be much appreciated, so however long it takes to make the necessary modifications, I will wait... Many Thanks and keep up the great work! :D

Edited by trueno2k

Guest almera8

So this is just a boot.img file that is flashed over the current one in my phone and which will calibrate the proximity sensor upon loading into Gingerbread...

If that can be done, that would be much appreciated, so however long it takes to make the necessary modifications, I will wait... Thanks a lot :D

I would like my OMC with CM7 to automatically calibrate as well... V3.5 doesn't seem to solve the proximity bug for me. I think I'm having the same issues as Treuno2k.

Guest dadashi

After a couple of days use I'm happy with cm7....only slight hitch is I've had two reboots today and yesterday....

today after I ended a call the phone screen went off and rebooted....I used the camera and after ending the camera app it rebooted...

Yesterday I calibrated the compass and it rebooted...

I cannot coment on camera as mine is dead.

But I have had 3.5 on since release,no reboots,but I am not overclocked.

Only one slight glitch I have found is today I downloaded some files with cm browser,and even though I cleared the notification bar,they all appeared again next time I downloaded? If it happens again,I will grab a log of it.

Other than that minor thing,this rom is excellent.

Very good port tilal :)

Edited by Guest

Guest dadashi

Oh my, I oc'ed to 940mhz as soon as I installed cm7 :D that could be the reason behind the reboots :rolleyes: I'll try 900mhz for a few days...

Extremely happy with cm7...even euronews streaming app works now....I can stream just about anything from internet

Edited by dadashi

Guest _Carl_

Version 3.5 - FINAL VERSION:

Fixed proximity calibration

Fixed camera not taking 640x480 videos

Yay!:lol:

Thanks for fixing the calibration bug now I won't have to remember to recalibrate on reboot which I constantly forget <_< now I've just got backup all my apps :mellow: