CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Ask Zte guys :D Well, looks like hardware doesn't support this. I personally believe it is not possible to make it work. I was trying to code torch app myself but I could only make it blink...

Guest fabiasport

How can i install the update-cm7-7-20120316-nightly-skate.signed.zip? The link a few post behind doesn´t work, then i tried from goo inside app and it always crash before finish downloading!

Thanks for your help!

Guest glorfy

I really like to use Cm7. However, all versions are unuseable for me due to slow wifi (I'm on Fibre).

With Atomic I can d/l at 20-23 megs. With Cm7 I am lucky to get 5 megs - and also get retry errors in Market.

I assume its a kernal issue?

Guest crnadakm

Works great for me, I had a proximity sensor issue but it's fixed.

I will also try atomic.

I just have one question. Is there a way to play FM radio through speakers in stock CM7 radio app ?

Guest Disconv

Link not working?

I really liked this ROM but with the last version Proximity Sensor cali was not working.

Maybe with the new one it is?

The CM9 rom is not for everyday use yet because of camera and slow typing so this is a great alternative...

Really liking your work :)

Guest fabiasport

How can i install the update-cm7-7-20120316-nightly-skate.signed.zip? The link a few post behind doesn´t work, then i tried from goo inside app and it always crash before finish downloading!

Thanks for your help!

I quote myself! I hope the link return to work soon!

Guest MrPaNtsONhEaD

Thanks for the work but I have a very annoying problem, everytime that I make a call or answer a call and the screen times out and gets black I can't end the call or go to any screen at all its all black screen and no buttons work so have to remove battery and restart the phone

Guest razzmataz1478

Thanks for the work but I have a very annoying problem, everytime that I make a call or answer a call and the screen times out and gets black I can't end the call or go to any screen at all its all black screen and no buttons work so have to remove battery and restart the phone

Calibrate the proximity sensor, should be in zte settings.

Guest MrPaNtsONhEaD

Hi, Im trying to flash 3.5 so I got update-cm-7-06012012-Skate-NIGHTLY.zip and load it up in rom manager but after its flashed ad rebooted it says I have

Android version: 2.3.7

Baseband: unknown

Kernel: 2.6.35.7

Mod version: cyanogenmod-7-11132011-NIGHTLY-Skate

Build number: GWK74

the zip have MD5: 4356AE23FDFBFF167619134B021948EA

*FIXED*

the link in post 1 is wrong so got the one from

Edited by MrPaNtsONhEaD

Guest MrPaNtsONhEaD

Calibrate the proximity sensor, should be in zte settings.

I can¨t for some reason, when i press show calibration settings its empty and when I press the calibrate button nothing happens.

Android version: 2.3.7

Baseband: unknown

Kernel: 2.6.35.7

Mod version: cyanogenmod-7-11132011-NIGHTLY-Skate

Build number: GWK74

Guest mrvlhs

I have been trying several ROMS for the past days and I'm still not sure on wich one to choose... can anyone give me an ideia of battery life of CM7 versus logicmod? CM7 looks really, really full featured but I need something with the best battery life possible

Guest anahuacv

Hi all,

I just bought a ZTE Skate in Shenzhen, China. It´s unbranded and unlocked. I have followed the steps described in the thread "Rooting for beginners" to install this ROM, the problem is that after installing the ROM the screen is not responding (the screen was working after installing clockworkmod), but the physical buttons do work. I tried changing the ROM to ICE ARMOR III, AtOmIc, Skatie and Z3 but the problem continues. If I install this stock "ROM GB_CURETAIL_P743V1.0.0B11-update_signed" the screen does work, but the problem is that the android market/play store is not installed, in consequence the phone is almost useless. I think that there are only 2 options here:

1) I got a fake Skate (I saw impressive things in Shenzhen), but a fake ZTE is not likely or

2) (not sure if this is possible) this phone is from a fresh batch/lot and the screen comes from a new supplier, thus the driver is missing in the custom ROMs.

By the way, I've searched for a similar problem in the forum but I was not able to find something similar.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Best,