CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

I installed iGo but then I see GPS is not working!! Its switched on but absolutely no connection....GPS is a deal breaker for me...

I have a question,

Seeing as the Blade and Skate are virtualy identical in CPU, memory and hardware except for the screen...can I just install my Blade CM7 Clockwork backup on to the Skate and then maybe do an install of this cm7 image on top without wipe to get the screen working...

Edited by dadashi

Guest tilal6991
I installed iGo but then I see GPS is not working!! Its switched on but absolutely no connection....GPS is a deal breaker for me...

I have a question,

Seeing as the Blade and Skate are virtualy identical in CPU, memory and hardware except for the screen...can I just install my Blade CM7 Clockwork backup on to the Skate and then maybe do an install of this cm7 image on top without wipe to get the screen working...

No and there a few reasons for it.

1. Although they have similar hardware, it is not exactly the same and I'm not sure whether you would actually get it to boot.

2. Many of the features would be broken because of the above point.

A question regarding CM7, ADW launcher is the default launcher...how do I bind a gesture to link to the ADW launcher app?...something like an icon? If anyone knows a way then please let me know, thanks :)

I tried putting my OSF CM7 rom on my OMC using clockwork...Clockwork wouldn't and gave me a failure message right at the start...I think it's to do with the partitions on the OMC not being the same as OSF...

Guest unrandomsam

I have a question,

Why don't you just use the binaries from the 2.3.4 that has working GPS.

(Use readelf on gps.default.so (and anything it depends on) and swap those out.))

Guest tilal6991

Why don't you just use the binaries from the 2.3.4 that has working GPS.

(Use readelf on gps.default.so (and anything it depends on) and swap those out.))

Thanks for the tip - will fix in next release

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Johnny Hung

It's very nice ROM for ZTE skate, very fast and stable !

please continuous to update and improve the GPS / Bluetooth function ! Thanks a lot~

Edited by Johnny Hung

GREAT NEWS!! UPDATE~

I will use the lastest rom for mobile.

THANKS!!

New release will be soon guys. Will fix any issues left including gps as well as hugely improving performance.

Guest qwasyx0

Could I somehow completely restore the original firmware on my phone? I reinstalled it several times on different modes, eg, cyanogen, BlueGinger, Bluemonte etc. .. Unfortunately, everyone has their faults, do not go any one application to another you can not create a Google account, etc. Actually, I find that I meet the most original Android 2.3.5 Do you know where I could have your phone legally (or illegally) to update again net android 2.3.5?

Edited by qwasyx0

Guest PedroVader

Could I somehow completely restore the original firmware on my phone? I reinstalled it several times on different modes, eg, cyanogen, BlueGinger, Bluemonte etc. .. Unfortunately, everyone has their faults, do not go any one application to another you can not create a Google account, etc. Actually, I find that I meet the most original Android 2.3.5 Do you know where I could have your phone legally (or illegally) to update again net android 2.3.5?

We have both flavours now Orange 2.3.4 and Unlocked 2.3.5, check the threads below for links:

Guest dadashi

Tilal, ever since your unlock attempt a week ago we've hardly had any news from you....a working cyanogen for skate with GPS and Bluetooth fixes would be great

I'm really missing Cyaonogenmod from the Blade days....it's the perfect smartphone rom, has all the neccessary functions already built in, power widget in the drop down bar, eastern language support, long press return kills app, long battery life, etc.... all those cyanogen goodies....

Edited by dadashi

Guest dadashi

hes probably busy with school, all will come in good time... smile.gif

how about you Tilaz...can you make us a skate cyanogen rom with the most recent n213 nightly...?

Guest tillaz

how about you Tilaz...can you make us a skate cyanogen rom with the most recent n213 nightly...?

no point really, tilal has nearly got this fully working....

also android 4.0 (ice creame sandwich) will be releasing in a month or so, would rather wait and work on that. smile.gif

Guest t0mm13b

@Tilal6991:

A quick question and experiment for you to try out:

Can you compile your CM7 CWM using CM7's code via

make clean && make recoveryimage
Now flash that freshly build recoveryimage

fastboot flash recovery out/target/product/skate/recovery.img

then

fastboot reboot

Pull the battery and follow this:

Put the battery back in.

Power on and Vol + key - can you boot into recovery from cold boot? Yes/No? If yes, does it respond to hardware buttons? If no, you will need to pull the battery and put it back in again. Now, let the handset boot up as normal by pressing the power button.

From CM7's ROM, long press the power button to bring up a menu, select Reboot, tap on Recovery and tap Ok. can you boot into recovery from warm boot? Yes/No? If yes, does it respond to hardware buttons?

I need to double check with you and to confirm this by replying back here :)

Cheers,

B)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest tillaz

we dont even have honeycomb amdroid 3 yet..., how can we jump to sandwich ANdroid 4

that's because 3.0 honeycomb is made for tablets only smile.gif

4.0 is a mixture of gingerbread & honeycomb for phones & tablets..

Guest dadashi

t0mm13b has suggested these fixes for the CM7....

As I have stated - I do not have a Skate but....

The only difference with the Blade and Skate, spec wise, is the Bluetooth and Wifi share the same Broadcom chipset.

On the blade, it uses Atheros Wifi chip AR6002, as shown here:

BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_DRIVER := AWEXT

WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_PATH := /system/wifi/ar6000.ko

WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_NAME := ar6000

For the Skate:

BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_DRIVER := WEXT

WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_PATH := "/system/lib/modules/dhd.ko"

WIFI_DRIVER_FW_AP_PATH := "/system/etc/fw_4319_apsta.bin"

WIFI_DRIVER_FW_STA_PATH := "/system/etc/fw_4319.bin"

WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_ARG := "firmware_path=/system/etc/fw_4319.bin,nvram_path=/system/etc/nv_4319.txt"

WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_NAME := "dhd"

WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION := VER_0_6_X

Can you confirm the presence of those files ^^? (Perhaps, changing from WEXT to AWEXT perhaps?) :unsure:

As for the GPS, that could be down to this line in the AMSS_VERSION, if that mismatches, there's no GPS IIRC:

BOARD_GPS_LIBRARIES := libloc_api

BOARD_USES_QCOM_HARDWARE := true

BOARD_USES_QCOM_LIBS := true

BOARD_USES_QCOM_GPS := true

BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_GPS_LOC_API_HARDWARE := skate

BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_GPS_LOC_API_AMSS_VERSION := 1240

BOARD_GPS_LIBRARIES := libloc

#BOARD_USES_GPSSHIM := true

#BOARD_GPS_NEEDS_XTRA := true

Might be worth trying to activate the GPSSHIM if you are having GPS problems, and using BOARD_GPS_NEEDS_XTRA.

Another tip/hint: possibly you may need to put in libloc_rpc and use RPC instead possibly...

Also, double check on the /etc/init.skate.rc file or similar, there should be one for the BlueTooth facility, on the blade it was init.bt.sh - a script that gets kickstarted when Bluetooth gets activated.

Edit: Note: you will have to recompile/rebuild the entire CM7 if the BoardConfig.mk or device_skate.mk gets changed!

Cheers,

B)

This post has been edited by t0mm13b: Today, 04:02 PM

Guest whatcolour

Plan to release soon, m8? I ask because all ZTE roms wouldn't allow sip calls to work properly, either crashing apps such as csipsimple or routes audio to loudspeaker.