how to re-install an App from a SD card

Guest AdriaaninPortugal

Guest AdriaaninPortugal

After some happy first weeks with my new toy, a Portuguese Sapo A5 (gen2, 8 Gb card) , my dog put his teeth in the screen rendering the phone useless.

After one lost day being very frustarted I set out to buy a new phone only to find out that the A5 was sold out in Portugal and I had to settle for an Optimus SF, gen1.

Thanks to Steven Harper's excellent SanFran dedicated website I managed to unlock and flash to Swedish Spring Froyo within hours after the purchase and I'm a happy bunny again. biggrin.gif

The A5 came with Ndrive on the mini-SD card.

My question: how can I get this program going again on the SF? I am new to all of this.

BTW; what a great website this is! Very, very useful. It helped me decide to go for the blade. It's worth the 11,- € sign up but what's with this kitchen thing? huh.gif

Guest Yahonza

After some happy first weeks with my new toy, a Portuguese Sapo A5 (gen2, 8 Gb card) , my dog put his teeth in the screen rendering the phone useless.

After one lost day being very frustarted I set out to buy a new phone only to find out that the A5 was sold out in Portugal and I had to settle for an Optimus SF, gen1.

Thanks to Steven Harper's excellent SanFran dedicated website I managed to unlock and flash to Swedish Spring Froyo within hours after the purchase and I'm a happy bunny again. biggrin.gif

The A5 came with Ndrive on the mini-SD card.

My question: how can I get this program going again on the SF? I am new to all of this.

BTW; what a great website this is! Very, very useful. It helped me decide to go for the blade. It's worth the 11,- € sign up but what's with this kitchen thing? huh.gif

If on your sdcard has the apk file it should be easy. Just use a file explorer, browse to sdcard and tap once on the apk file. That should do it, I think.

Guest AdriaaninPortugal

If on your sdcard has the apk file it should be easy. Just use a file explorer, browse to sdcard and tap once on the apk file. That should do it, I think.

Hi Yahonza, Thanks for the suggestion. Because I am so new to android I have no idea where to look nand/or what tools to use.

30 minutes later...

Ok, using ANDexplorer I didn't find anything ndrive.apk on the SD card nor on: /system/app

Same with APKinstaller grogram, no .apk file.

So my guess is that on my old phone an Ndrive.apk folder exists in the /system/app file path. But the rest of the app was moved to the SDcard.

what I need now is to somehow get this ndrive.apk file from my old/broken phone to the new phone. Is there anyway to do this with the use of a PC as the LCD screen is broken on the old phone (rest of the hardware is ok as far asI can tell)?

any app you can recommend?

thanks for the input anyway, Adriaan

Guest richardw1992

I have no idea what "Ndrive" is, but just do a google of the apk and see if you can find any file hosting sites which have it:

If you download an apk which installs, all the data from your previous version (on the sd card) should automatically be recognised by the app. If not go into settings/ applications/ SD card and then move it too and from the phone and SD card a few times, I find that works for me!

Hope i've been of some help.

Guest AdriaaninPortugal

I have no idea what "Ndrive" is, but just do a google of the apk and see if you can find any file hosting sites which have it:

http://www.google.co...-8&q=Ndrive.apk

If you download an apk which installs, all the data from your previous version (on the sd card) should automatically be recognised by the app. If not go into settings/ applications/ SD card and then move it too and from the phone and SD card a few times, I find that works for me!

Hope i've been of some help.

Learning new things every day! I checked the file and will give your suggestions a try later on today.

Ndrive is a navigation program and came together with the,now, damaged phone. it's a BIG file: 3.25 GB. of course this is due to the Map file of the Iberian peninsular.

the old phone, a Sapo A5, comes with 5Mp camera and a 8Gb sd card, GEN2 with Froyo. The new phone is a SF model, GEN1, Eclair, 3.0 MPcamera with 2GB sdcard.

of course i am using the 8GB sdcard in the new phone. I tried to install Ndrive from market in the hope that this would somehow solf my problem, but no joy.

30 minutes later......

So I couldn't wait and tried it straight away. searched for an.apk with spain description in it, downloaded it, copyed it to the Ndrive file on the sdcard. installed but got a messages stating install failed, uninstalled Ndrive version I installed the other night, tried it again and sure enough! I can use my Ndrive again.

thanks alot for the help guys, much appreciated.

Adriaan

Guest AdriaaninPortugal

ndrive is a commercial app

you haven't bought it

so delete it

Gamerz, read my tread better b4 you acuse me. My first phone came with a 8GB card and Ndrive on it. I used the card in the new phone. So tell me, where's the problem?

I will accept your apologies.

Edited by AdriaaninPortugal

Guest Gamerz

It's not because the first owner of the phone was a pirate you have to follow the same way

And don't say me that sapo A5 come standard with a 8 gig sd card

Guest AdriaaninPortugal

It's not because the first owner of the phone was a pirate you have to follow the same way

And don't say me that sapo A5 come standard with a 8 gig sd card

This is getting silly. You obviously have no clue.

here's the link: http://www.tmn.pt/po...0005401650aRCRD

I am the owner of two ZTE blades: one broken, one functional. Both paid for by me. You on the other hand, seem to be dis-functional. Do you live in Portugal? I don't think so.

Edited by AdriaaninPortugal

Guest awarner

As the link above shows

• GPS com licença vitalícia NDrive com mapas Continente e ilhas com fotos reais de Lisboa e Porto

Portuguese is not a language I know but this does appear to state that Ndrive is included.

Topic reopened so initial question can be assisted with.

Guest AdriaaninPortugal

As the link above shows

• GPS com licença vitalícia NDrive com mapas Continente e ilhas com fotos reais de Lisboa e Porto

Portuguese is not a language I know but this does appear to state that Ndrive is included.

Topic reopened so initial question can be assisted with.

Hi Awarner,

Thanks to the sugestion mentioned by richardw1992 I was able to reinstall NDrive on my new blade. So this thread can be closed as far as I'm concerned.

But also a big "thank you" for clearing any suspision about my person, all I did was perfectly legal & paid for. The fact that Gamerz could so easily acuse me of illegal use of software is in sharp contrast with the strict Forum policy concerning illegal content. It is my humble opinion that this should also not be allowed. should also not be allowed. Something like: three strikes and you're out, banned from the forum.

And now back to the forum, I have been whining long enough now.

Cheers,

Adrian