ZTE Blade Factory Setting

Guest JollyJack

Guest JollyJack

Good Afternoon Chaps and Chappettes,

I've just received a Blade which is unlocked and reset to factory settings.

It won't recognise any simcard (I'm in the UK and tried O2 and Orange).

I would really appreciate some assistance, I did trawl through some threads but, though written in english, I understood not a word! Which should tell you I'm as thick as the complete works of Dickens in large print when it comes to these matters.

It's Android 2.2 by the way.

Guest JollyJack

Try putting a thin piece of card between the back of the SIM card and its holder. It worked for me with an old Virgin SIM card.

A brilliantly simple idea. Unfortunately it didn't work.

As an addendum to my initial post, I have no APNs listed either. My apologies, I forgot to put that in my original post.

Guest k0zmic

It won't recognise any simcard (I'm in the UK and tried O2 and Orange).

Might sound daft but try clean the SIM pin's (the gold bits where the SIM sits) with a cloth or tissue if you can, it may just be slightly dirty or something.

Just to confirm, is your Blade brand new or used?

Edited by k0zmic

Guest JollyJack

Might sound daft but try clean the SIM pin's (the gold bits where the SIM sits) with a cloth or tissue if you can, it may just be slightly dirty or something.

Just to confirm, is your Blade brand new or used?

It's used.

The O2 simcard works perfectly in my other mobile though I confess I haven't tried the orange card.

Guest JollyJack

do you have a valid imei?

I've just had to look up 'imei' (I warned you I'm a halfwit wen it comes to mobile technology!). I have an emei so assume it's valid.

Guest t0mm13b

What hecatae is saying - is the mobile number - the 15 digit number (you will see this underneath the battery) blocked from the network?

In circumstances like that that is an indication that the handset was probably nicked on prior occasion or "confirmed lost" on the network and O2 blocked the IMEI number on it..... thus preventing it working on another network....

Just saying...

B)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest JollyJack

What hecatae is saying - is the mobile number - the 15 digit number (you will see this underneath the battery) blocked from the network?

In circumstances like that that is an indication that the handset was probably nicked on prior occasion or "confirmed lost" on the network and O2 blocked the IMEI number on it..... thus preventing it working on another network....

Just saying...

B) Your point is well made but numbers match. I'm confident it's not stolen!

Guest danieljtmcleod1989

With my blade, I have to push the sim up against my battery for it to be recognised, any other position and as far as its concerned there's no sim inserted :/

Guest JollyJack

Thanks for your suggestions. How do I re root or do you mean reboot? Psyloid; Does that mean typing those codes into a specific area on the phone? Many thanks for everyones assistance so far.