Newbie here, need help with rooting

Guest Navie

have you installed the drivers that pop up when plugg the phone in to laptop for the first time ?

are you running windows vista / XP ?

I have got somewhere at last I think...I restarted my laptop, because I installed the drivers and had connected/disconnected my phone before, the Windows operating system needed refreshing.

Yeah...I have installed the drivers, I am running windows 7, if it helps...I have AVG 9.0 free version running along with Spybot Search & destroy.

http://android.modaco.com/topic/344819-09-aug-superboot-root-access-for-the-zte-skate/page__st__40 have a read threw here might be your answer.

or try a the drives for win 7 a couple pages back .

I have finally got past the clockwork stage, installing the ROM now :)

cool, if you ever need to revert back to stock rom incase of a return or wot-ever the stock rom is pinned at the top of the forum.

Edited by tillaz

I have finally got past the clockwork stage, installing the ROM now :)

I've installed it now, just running it now, I like the Android logo (Robot and Android) in place of Orange logo :) its started up...thank you very much Tillaz, you have been so helpful! :)

I've installed it now, just running it now, I like the Android logo (Robot and Android) in place of Orange logo :) its started up...thank you very much Tillaz, you have been so helpful! :)

Thanks for your patience and being so helpful, once again...much appreciated Tillaz :)