vukodav

USB Host mode driver

47 posts in this topic

My firmware is # 224 on this board made ​​Ratserboy, your kernel.

I did otg cable (micro usb connector has closed the black wire and the mass) has connected the whole thing to a usb hub (power applied to the hub). But the mouse does not work only blinking LED on it, usb drives, too, did not give me any data. I beg to lay out a schematic diagram of the cable link to it! Thanks in advance, waiting for your answer ...

thank you. I don't know why your flash drives don't work. Did you loaded kernel modules first?

yes, i did - without error messages... i tried to format the drive, but when i plug it in, its led flashes once and nothing gets mounted in /mnt...

yes, i did - without error messages... i tried to format the drive, but when i plug it in, its led flashes once and nothing gets mounted in /mnt...

I don't know what seems to be the problem. I have only one flash drive, so I can't test kernel and modules more. And my phone ison repair sevice now, it had some hardware problems. When I get it back I'll test more and post results

Nothing gets mounted on /mnt... that doesn't mean that the device is not recognized.

see if there is any /dev/hdx or /dev/sdx device before and after you plugin your flash drive.

(use "ls /dev | grep hd" and "ls /dev | grep sd")

dmesg log after you plug the flash drive can also be helpful (dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.log)

Edited by TigTex

What if uve got 2.3.7 nightlies and deadlinks dual touch kernal will that work.

Edited by kman12041

Nothing gets mounted on /mnt... that doesn't mean that the device is not recognized.

see if there is any /dev/hdx or /dev/sdx device before and after you plugin your flash drive.

(use "ls /dev | grep hd" and "ls /dev | grep sd")

dmesg log after you plug the flash drive can also be helpful (dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.log)

You are right, it gets recognized - at least that's what i decoded from dmesg output. However no hd or sd in /dev. Does it work for you TigTex?

dmesg.txt

Never tried it :unsure: Do you have all the modules in your phone? for example sd_mod.ko ... I have no idea what has been done on this kernel  

i need to type the commands again , if i switch off the phone or reboot ?

for me don't work with ICS lookalike from racerboy . i make the cable (its easy to me i'm a Electronics Technician ) but d'ont detects anything . i need more information before change rom . can you help me . tanks

I cant test it because it says you need active sync and for some reason it wont let me install it.

Can someone test it pleasesmile.gif

I cant test it because it says you need active sync and for some reason it wont let me install it.

Can someone test it pleasesmile.gif

It's for windows mobile . Do not work on android

Managed to get flash drive working, it had to be mounted manually:

#mount -t vfat /dev/block/sda1 /mnt/sdcard/usb-storage

In case somebody would like to play around with serial devices, here are a few more modules that should work with vukodav's kernel...

kernel_modules.zip

In case somebody would like to play around with serial devices, here are a few more modules that should work with vukodav's kernel...

Could you explain what each of them actually do so that we know what they are

Edited by kman12041

They implement serial communication with devices based on various chipsets (file name of every module refers to a certain device type). For example I have a usb relay based on the FTDI chipset which I can control from the phone after:

insmod usbserial.ko

insmod ftdi_sio.ko

The device will appear as /dev/ttyUSB0 ...

They implement serial communication with devices based on various chipsets (file name of every module refers to a certain device type). For example I have a usb relay based on the FTDI chipset which I can control from the phone after:

insmod usbserial.ko

insmod ftdi_sio.ko

The device will appear as /dev/ttyUSB0 ...

Ok

Nice onlaugh.gif

Does anyone have source for the USB host kernel? I was hoping to compile a webcam module

Does anyone still have a copy of the kernel they could post? The link seems to be dead.