• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

USB Host mode driver

46 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

My firmware is # 224 on this board made ​​Ratserboy, your kernel.

I did otg cable (micro usb connector has closed the black wire and the mass) has connected the whole thing to a usb hub (power applied to the hub). But the mouse does not work only blinking LED on it, usb drives, too, did not give me any data. I beg to lay out a schematic diagram of the cable link to it! Thanks in advance, waiting for your answer ...

Posted · Report post

thank you. I don't know why your flash drives don't work. Did you loaded kernel modules first?

yes, i did - without error messages... i tried to format the drive, but when i plug it in, its led flashes once and nothing gets mounted in /mnt...

Posted · Report post

yes, i did - without error messages... i tried to format the drive, but when i plug it in, its led flashes once and nothing gets mounted in /mnt...

I don't know what seems to be the problem. I have only one flash drive, so I can't test kernel and modules more. And my phone ison repair sevice now, it had some hardware problems. When I get it back I'll test more and post results

Posted (edited) · Report post

Nothing gets mounted on /mnt... that doesn't mean that the device is not recognized.

see if there is any /dev/hdx or /dev/sdx device before and after you plugin your flash drive.

(use "ls /dev | grep hd" and "ls /dev | grep sd")

dmesg log after you plug the flash drive can also be helpful (dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.log)

Edited by TigTex

What if uve got 2.3.7 nightlies and deadlinks dual touch kernal will that work.

Edited by kman12041

Posted · Report post

Nothing gets mounted on /mnt... that doesn't mean that the device is not recognized.

see if there is any /dev/hdx or /dev/sdx device before and after you plugin your flash drive.

(use "ls /dev | grep hd" and "ls /dev | grep sd")

dmesg log after you plug the flash drive can also be helpful (dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.log)

You are right, it gets recognized - at least that's what i decoded from dmesg output. However no hd or sd in /dev. Does it work for you TigTex?

dmesg.txt

Posted · Report post

Never tried it :unsure: Do you have all the modules in your phone? for example sd_mod.ko ... I have no idea what has been done on this kernel  

Posted · Report post

i need to type the commands again , if i switch off the phone or reboot ?

Posted · Report post

for me don't work with ICS lookalike from racerboy . i make the cable (its easy to me i'm a Electronics Technician ) but d'ont detects anything . i need more information before change rom . can you help me . tanks

Posted · Report post

It says not found should i worry or not

Posted · Report post

I cant test it because it says you need active sync and for some reason it wont let me install it.

Can someone test it pleasesmile.gif

Posted · Report post

I cant test it because it says you need active sync and for some reason it wont let me install it.

Can someone test it pleasesmile.gif

It's for windows mobile . Do not work on android

Posted · Report post

Managed to get flash drive working, it had to be mounted manually:

#mount -t vfat /dev/block/sda1 /mnt/sdcard/usb-storage

Posted · Report post

In case somebody would like to play around with serial devices, here are a few more modules that should work with vukodav's kernel...

kernel_modules.zip

In case somebody would like to play around with serial devices, here are a few more modules that should work with vukodav's kernel...

Could you explain what each of them actually do so that we know what they are

Edited by kman12041

Posted · Report post

They implement serial communication with devices based on various chipsets (file name of every module refers to a certain device type). For example I have a usb relay based on the FTDI chipset which I can control from the phone after:

insmod usbserial.ko

insmod ftdi_sio.ko

The device will appear as /dev/ttyUSB0 ...

Posted · Report post

They implement serial communication with devices based on various chipsets (file name of every module refers to a certain device type). For example I have a usb relay based on the FTDI chipset which I can control from the phone after:

insmod usbserial.ko

insmod ftdi_sio.ko

The device will appear as /dev/ttyUSB0 ...

Ok

Nice onlaugh.gif

Posted · Report post

Does anyone have source for the USB host kernel? I was hoping to compile a webcam module

Posted · Report post

how to usb otg for zte carl?/////