No service on my Orange San Fransico

Guest sherry_d

Guest sherry_d

I put a custom rom (swedish spring) on my phone and it has been working perfectly until I took it back to Orange for repairs. I damaged my screen so I send it to Orange and they fixed that but in the note they said they had also updated my phone with the latest Orange stuff.

Now when I switch my phone on there is a mixture of Android and Orange stuff BUT my phone just says no service. I made sure the sim card was tigtly in but still no luck so I havent been able to use my phone at all as I cant receive or make any calls.(or text).

What do I do to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sherry_d

I still have the no service problem. Orange have told me its not their problem, I have tried using the orange sim but I still get no service.I tried manually picking network but still no luck

When I start my phone loads both the orange and android stuff on the phone since orange fixed it and brought it back with their uopdated software.I am wondering if perhaps there is a clash happening.

My phone is Gen 1 and I have tried to reflash but I keep getting stuck on installing clockworkmod. Its just not installing. I install it and just get "Currently installed Firmware: Unrecognised" at the bottom.

Can you please advise on what I need to. Thanks

I would advise not to try flashing new firmware until you can get the signal working properly on the stock rom. It may be that there is a hardware fault and orange should be fixing it, so you should keep the stock rom on it for now. When you select to manually pick network does it find networks? Try changing from 2g to 3g and vice versa (may be labelled as gsm, wcdma/auto) in settings. Try sim unlocking and use a different sim card.