"Bricked" Phone - Help

Guest McrRed

Sorry for yet another "I've bricked my phone" topic as if we didn;t have enough of them already - and I know it's not truly bricked yet.

But I've read all the topics thrown up in search, including HedgepigDaniel's excellent guide several times and fear i need some specific information to guide me to avoid truly bricking my phone.

The problem:

I can't get into recovery mode.

Whatever I do, whatever I press I get the green android figure until the battery runs out or I take it out.

How this came about:

I was running Blue Ginger v5 quite happily but the camera stopped working in July (yes, I know!).

I followed a few threads trying to get this sorted out - successfully applied various roms to see if that would help, but it didn't.

I decided that the phone would need to go back to Orange before the warranty ran out.

I tried to apply the Stock Rom OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20

But I'd forgotten that I'd changed the phone from Gen1 to Gen2 and didn't reverse this first.

And I then got the problem I've described...

My computer wont recognise the ZTE Drivers (Win7 64bit) so I get nothing from connecting via USB.

I don't want to go too far down the IMEI etc route in case I make things even worse.

Help!

Thanks for reading,

Mark

Use Gen2-to-Gen1-TPT-v2-stock.zip from Use sdcard reader to move 'image' folder to the root of your sdcard. After running the TPT your phone will boot into clockworkmod. Use clockworkmod to flash OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20.

Use Gen2-to-Gen1-TPT-v2-stock.zip from http://android.modac...2-tpt-upgrade/. Use sdcard reader to move 'image' folder to the root of your sdcard. After running the TPT your phone will boot into clockworkmod. Use clockworkmod to flash OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20.

Thank you.

That worked perfectly.

I guess sometimes the simple solutions are the best (but knowing exactly which one to take requires genius!)