CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest inf3rn0

I do not get the PIN screen at all...... :-(

Got it back now....but still no network....

I installed it as I read it the same way you did. manual install (untar ext4.tar.gz), and then untar frb2update, from Erik's last update.

this gave me the pin-screen on first boot - my providers APN was then selectable from the mobile networks settings page.

using the startup.txt from Erik's first test update gives a total phone/data connections for approx 6 mins, where the 'official i8000' startup.txt gives about 20 seconds.

however, disabling the data connections alltogether gives a good, stable release, with the phone working perfectly, still no hangs/crashes/SODs for over an hour!

Guest bnwgraaf

Okay, I went to the networks setting page, but there are no providers visible...(I use KPN....)

Perhaps I again do a complete new install and try again...I really must get this working :-)

Guest bnwgraaf

I didn get it.....can someone please have a look:

- With ubuntu I have made 2 partitions:

1GB fat, named MyStorage (partitionnumber =1)

1GB ext4, named Android )partitionnumber =2)

- With the next comand, I unpack the ext to the ext4 partition:

sudo tar zxvf ext4.tar.gz -C /media/Android

- With the next comand, I unpack the update to the ext4 partition (from your latest link, aslo mentioned in your post from today from 11:07pm):

sudo tar zxvf frb2update.tar.gz -C /media/Android

- I copied the latest zImage, the startup.txt (with the change of the partition number) and the original haret.exe to the MyStorage partition

I have tried the original I8000 startup.txt and also yours

- I start the haret.exe from within my windows mobile

Now, I do not get the PIN screen......I see the green Android "alien", with the message to click it. When I do that, I am getting directly to the homescreen.....how can I get to the print screen, after booting and being in the android home screen?

Do I make some mistake somewhere? I did manage to run Android in the past.....

Guest erikcas

I didn get it.....can someone please have a look:

- With ubuntu I have made 2 partitions:

1GB fat, named MyStorage (partitionnumber =1)

1GB ext4, named Android )partitionnumber =2)

- With the next comand, I unpack the ext to the ext4 partition:

sudo tar zxvf ext4.tar.gz -C /media/Android

- With the next comand, I unpack the update to the ext4 partition (from your latest link, aslo mentioned in your post from today from 11:07pm):

sudo tar zxvf frb2update.tar.gz -C /media/Android

- I copied the latest zImage, the startup.txt (with the change of the partition number) and the original haret.exe to the MyStorage partition

I have tried the original I8000 startup.txt and also yours

- I start the haret.exe from within my windows mobile

Now, I do not get the PIN screen......I see the green Android "alien", with the message to click it. When I do that, I am getting directly to the homescreen.....how can I get to the print screen, after booting and being in the android home screen?

Do I make some mistake somewhere? I did manage to run Android in the past.....

Running on my storage or sd? If on My Storage you might have to edit init.rc (also contains the partitions mmblk bladibla)

Guest bnwgraaf

Thanks for all the help!

I am running on MyStorage!

So I did have to change the startup text to mmcblk1p2

Okay, that init.rc thing is new to me......how can I change that one?

Ik discoverd, it is not possible to change it, like you change a txt file...

Guest erikcas

Thanks for all the help!

I am running on MyStorage!

So I did have to change the startup text to mmcblk1p2

Okay, that init.rc thing is new to me......how can I change that one?

Ik discoverd, it is not possible to change it, like you change a txt file...

You can edit it with gedit

But never mind. It starts up properly.

Maybe check if there is a /media/Android_ next to /media/Android if you have your phone attached? If you detach it, the Android_ will dissappear while the Android stays. Then remove the Android dir before attaching phone again, or try to untar to Android_

Easiest solution to try: place the frb2update.tar.gz on my storage and run haret. It will be automatically unpacked to your android system and should work (maybe after one more reboot)

Guest matriX1218

So far very good update... finally I can use my phone...

Just a one bug...

When screen is Off and if call comes in, it takes 5-7 seconds to wake up the screen.. wake up incoming call delay same as windows mobile...

Thank you very much...

Waiting for next update where all sensors will be working too... ;)

Guest erikcas

Yet another fix. Phone and data are working and keep working. No crashing data anymore after 6 minutes.

I have been playing around with facebook, market (not updated! so if you find problems with latest market update, please let me know, I'll provide a workaround) for several hours now.

It might be the phone freezes sometimes, but after rebooting several times it works stable for several hours now. Maybe some apps are using the phone's memory heavily when updating on first boot.

I only found that androids native browser lags the system. Don't know if this is due to the update or this is generic. I installed opera-mini, having no problems with that.

I also use swapper 2 now on my phone (will be introduced by the devs soon) and I find my phone running more smoothly. If you want to know how to use swapper 2, search on I8000 forum. If I find time, I will write a tut.

I updated the download, so download latest version here.

Please test

* Use original startup.txt

* After updating, reboot twice!

* I recommend updating by putting "frb2update.tar.gz" and the new zImage on "My Storage" and run haret.exe

* Going to spend some time now on sensors, but keep in mind, this is new for me, so I have no ETA

Edit: Disregard the opera-mini thing. It freezes my phone too.

Edited by erikcas

Guest matriX1218

Oh my god... too fast...

tnx 4 update

downloading... ;)

btw can u do a mod where our phone model shows as GT-B7610 instead of GT-I8000..also on startup screen...

Please.. Please.. Please...

Guest erikcas

Oh my god... too fast...

tnx 4 update

downloading... ;)

btw can u do a mod where our phone model shows as GT-B7610 instead of GT-I8000..also on startup screen...

Please.. Please.. Please...

In the end I will try to adjust the phonemodel. But first stable and good working B7610.

Can we agree on that? ;)

Guest matriX1218

In the end I will try to adjust the phonemodel. But first stable and good working B7610.

Can we agree on that? ;)

Well... well... do u really think that we have any other option rather then agreeing to you... :P

anyways... meanwhile in your next update please turnoff the lights of hard keyboard.. it is very annoying...

bugs in your current update:

1. Car Mode freezes

2. No landscape mode

3. In coming call delay- screen takes 5-7 sec to turn on...

best of luck for next release...

Guest erikcas

Well... well... do u really think that we have any other option rather then agreeing to you...

anyways... meanwhile in your next update please turnoff the lights of hard keyboard.. it is very annoying...

bugs in your current update:

1. Car Mode freezes

2. No landscape mode

3. In coming call delay- screen takes 5-7 sec to turn on...

best of luck for next release...

Landscape-mode I will try later today. I think it is almost done. Keyboardlight is something diferent. I don't know by what hardware it is triggered and how to set delay for it.

I also wait for the devs release for Beta3 for car mode freeze. I am convinced that their solution for the current beta2 problems is much more cleaner then my current solution for B7610. So it might solve the car mode problem.

Guest matriX1218

Landscape-mode I will try later today. I think it is almost done. Keyboardlight is something diferent. I don't know by what hardware it is triggered and how to set delay for it.

I also wait for the devs release for Beta3 for car mode freeze. I am convinced that their solution for the current beta2 problems is much more cleaner then my current solution for B7610. So it might solve the car mode problem.

okay...

one last question.... when beta3 will be out..? approx ETA?

I'm too excited...

Guest erikcas

okay...

one last question.... when beta3 will be out..? approx ETA?

I'm too excited...

Beta3 will be out when devs are ready.

(I only try to patch their work to B7610)

Guest matriX1218

Hey forgot to ask you...

will there be any update available for this????

Guest erikcas

Hey forgot to ask you...

will there be any update available for this????

Offcourse,

if keyboard slide-out rotates screen to landscape and slide-n rotates it back to portrait, and it is working for me, then it will be working for you when I uploaded the update.

Edited by erikcas

Guest matriX1218

Offcourse,

if keyboard slide-out rotates screen to landscape and slide-n rotates it back to portrait, and it is working for me, then it will be working for you when I uploaded the update.

thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you...

Guest bnwgraaf

I am not very lucky....or not capable :-) (even when I succeeded several times before)

I installed all new, with the latest (from this morning) update; used the original startup with modified mmcblk

I tried it on mystorage, with changed startup.txt. This was working yesterday....but when booting with the latest update, this time I cannot pass the "Android Omnia II Loading...." screen.....

I also emptied Mystorage, formatted it as 1 fat partition and placed the auto-installer....When I start the androidinstall.exe, linux started, but after some time, I got the message, that mmcblk5 cannot be created or mounted or something....

I read somewhere, that the MyStorage partition has to be mmcblk5, but I don't know how to change. For me, it seems, that the first partition will be mmcblk1, but after making 4 small partitions, I am not able anymore to make a fifth partition. Can I change the partition number in some other way to mmcblk5?

Sorry for my incapabiltiy at some points, especially the linux part.....hoping you can help me out!

Tnx!

Guest erikcas

I am not very lucky....or not capable :-) (even when I succeeded several times before)

I installed all new, with the latest (from this morning) update; used the original startup with modified mmcblk

I tried it on mystorage, with changed startup.txt. This was working yesterday....but when booting with the latest update, this time I cannot pass the "Android Omnia II Loading...." screen.....

I also emptied Mystorage, formatted it as 1 fat partition and placed the auto-installer....When I start the androidinstall.exe, linux started, but after some time, I got the message, that mmcblk5 cannot be created or mounted or something....

I read somewhere, that the MyStorage partition has to be mmcblk5, but I don't know how to change. For me, it seems, that the first partition will be mmcblk1, but after making 4 small partitions, I am not able anymore to make a fifth partition. Can I change the partition number in some other way to mmcblk5?

Sorry for my incapabiltiy at some points, especially the linux part.....hoping you can help me out!

Tnx!

Well, (ref)flash your ROM, be sure you uncheck "preserve storage" in octans. Then you will have a fresh my storage with proper partition numbers. After that, repartition your SD card as one fat or fat32 partition.

Then use the auto-installer.

It is the easiest method, helped me out lots of times.

Edited by erikcas

Guest erikcas

hey after the use of few minutes on internet the phone heats up too much...

any suggestions?

Yeah, had that too. After some heat ups and a freeze all is well. Rebooted 5 times this morning, after that it was stable a little warm but not getting hot anymore.

As I said, I had problems with browsers (native Android and Opera-Mini). Going to test Dolphin browser. Do you have the power cord attached?

Hello,

thank you guys again for driving this project forward! So thumbs up!!!

Today i've tested the latest kernel REV67 after fresh installation. And what should i say: the phone is usable :D And here is my feedback to this latest version:

- android is running smooth and very fast!

- phone and data is working (tested with 2 diff. sim's), incl. sms

- market is working, incl. update

- no gps lock with google maps / nav., just cell positioning by radio network

- no landscape with keyboard slide out or by rotation sensor

- support for the german quertz keyboard, its writing qwerty

- allready known: no wifi, no bluetooth, keybord led

From timt to time i had some freezes (after more then 6 minutes ;)), one with testing google maps and one with market after update (but now it's working), but they were not reproducable. If the logcat and dmesg is still important i can post it here...?

Thanks and best regards