CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest erikcas

Hello,

thank you guys again for driving this project forward! So thumbs up!!!

Today i've tested the latest kernel REV67 after fresh installation. And what should i say: the phone is usable :D And here is my feedback to this latest version:

- android is running smooth and very fast!

- phone and data is working (tested with 2 diff. sim's), incl. sms

- market is working, incl. update

- no gps lock with google maps / nav., just cell positioning by radio network

- no landscape with keyboard slide out or by rotation sensor

- support for the german quertz keyboard, its writing qwerty

- allready known: no wifi, no bluetooth, keybord led

From timt to time i had some freezes (after more then 6 minutes ;)), one with testing google maps and one with market after update (but now it's working), but they were not reproducable. If the logcat and dmesg is still important i can post it here...?

Thanks and best regards

Logcat and dmesg not nessecary on this moment. Want to try to fix things like GPS and sensors from next week. For that debug has to be turned on in kernel and we have to test with modified zImages.

For qwertz:

go to dev tools -> terminal

cd /system/usr/keylayout

su (and press enter)

rm s3c-keypad.kl

ln -s qwertz.kl s3c-keypad.kl

reboot and you are on qwertz

(you have to do this after every update)

(if you can't succeed I can make a frb2update.tar.gz for it, which you have to apply after every update)

Guest erikcas

thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you...

Status: Have screen rotating right. So landscape when slide out, portrait when slide in.

To do: Remap the keycodes. Current key-layout file is not right anymore.

So I am compiling a debug zImage now, go to sleep and finish up tomorrow.

Please do not cheer to early, maybe I have got it wrong somewhere, sliding is part of the keyboard driver and it might be that I have to do some rework for right keymapping.I only know this when the debug-kernel is active so I see the scancodes when I press keys.

But.................... if I'm right, there is one more surprise!

Edited by erikcas

Guest matriX1218

Status: Have screen rotating right. So landscape when slide out, portrait when slide in.

To do: Remap the keycodes. Current key-layout file is not right anymore.

So I am compiling a debug zImage now, go to sleep and finish up tomorrow.

Please do not cheer to early, maybe I have got it wrong somewhere, sliding is part of the keyboard driver and it might be that I have to do some rework for right keymapping.I only know this when the debug-kernel is active so I see the scancodes when I press keys.

But.................... if I'm right, there is one more surprise!

okay den waiting for surprise...

Guest bnwgraaf

I reformatted MyStorage and re-installed the latest Froyo update on the 2nd partition on MyStorage and now I am able to boot the android again, so I am back! :-)

It boot's with the frb2update on MyStorage and I see the "new" Android Loading...." screen, so I assume, the frb2update has been loaded also.

But I still have no complete network. That means, I see the network name (Hi), but it also says "no service"....

If I go to the mobile network settings, it doesn't find any networks and I tried also the automatic network selection setting....but no luck so far.....

Erikcas told me that perhaps I have to change the init.rc, because installing in MyStorage.

But Android does boot, do I still have to change the init.rc?

If this doesn't work, I perhaps go autoinstalling, but because my MyStorage number isn't 5 anymore, I understood I have to flash my rom again and because my (customized, newly flashed) windows does work very well and all the settings are done, it will not be my first choise. But I really would like to experiment with Android together with you! :-)

Again, thanks for all the work and spended time!

Guest erikcas

I reformatted MyStorage and re-installed the latest Froyo update on the 2nd partition on MyStorage and now I am able to boot the android again, so I am back! :-)

It boot's with the frb2update on MyStorage and I see the "new" Android Loading...." screen, so I assume, the frb2update has been loaded also.

But I still have no complete network. That means, I see the network name (Hi), but it also says "no service"....

Again, thanks for all the work and spended time!

Are you sure you are using this update?

Guest bnwgraaf

I re-downloaded the update, as in your post above.

I placed this frb2update and zImage in the root of MyStorage, where also the startup.txt (as in the original i8000 download) and the Haret.exe files are saved.

I rebooted and got the first-boot-settings-screen (with language selection and how-to-use-android screen), so I assume, the new update has been installed. I rebooted a second time.

Unfortunatelly still a no service message above the network name...

Does the installation on MyStorage be the problem? Android is booting, so I assume, the startup.txt is allright...

Guest matriX1218

I placed this frb2update and zImage in the root of MyStorage, where also the startup.txt (as in the original i8000 download) and the Haret.exe files are saved.

I rebooted and got the first-boot-settings-screen (with language selection and how-to-use-android screen), so I assume, the new update has been installed. I rebooted a second time.

Does the installation on MyStorage be the problem? Android is booting, so I assume, the startup.txt is allright...

I had the same problem... (No Service) + Network Name

after 4-5 reboots it will be ok...

Guest erikcas

Can you try attached frb2update.tar.gz in zipfile?

(Only contains modified init.rc)

Else I strongly suggest you install on SD to test.

bnwgraaf.zip

Edited by erikcas

Guest bnwgraaf

Okay guys, thank you very much for your help!

I tried the new init and reboot about 5 times, but unfortunatelly still no phone....I think about it, to flash my phone with the default MyStorage....so I can install to SD

don't spend any more time on this, better use it to further develop the android for B7610! :-)

Thanks again!

Guest inf3rn0

Hi all,

Ive been testing the latest update for a day now and here are my findings:

Erik says he's going to look at GPS (and other sensors), well I can tell you, GPS is already working!

I was able to get a fix using the phone outside, indoors I couldnt (Maps navigation was working well, no lockups or SODs)

Only since today was opera mini crashing. It seems as though normal browsing works well, but downloading files seems to crash it. (not always... weird)

Maybe a problem with accessing the storage card? Although normal sdcard access, like via the file manager, is working great.

Market (not updated -I haven't tried updating-) freezes the phone once downloading. Resetting the phone, after which market automatically starts downloading again, adds another couple of %'s and then freezes again.

I've installed all updates manually (Even while Erik said we should use the kernels update feature) and everything seems to be working great.

So great work Erik, looking forward to your next update!

Greetings,

Inf3rn0

Edited by inf3rn0

Guest matriX1218

found one little bug related to time and clock...

it requires network to update the time... if there it no network, time is not getting updated like windows mobile from internal clock without network...

I hope I helped...

Guest inf3rn0

found one little bug related to time and clock...

it requires network to update the time... if there it no network, time is not getting updated like windows mobile from internal clock without network...

I hope I helped...

is this also true when you have not selected 'automatic' in date/time settings?

Guest matriX1218

is this also true when you have not selected 'automatic' in date/time settings?

oops

my android crashed after some backgrounds updates...

needs fresh install... will post later to your query...

Guest inf3rn0

Newest update required 2 reboots, and yay - exchange email started working B)

Autorotate doesn't work on my phone, am I missing something?

/VM

You missed the post stating it doesnt work. :rolleyes:

Greetings,

Inf3rn0

Edited by inf3rn0

Guest erikcas

Newest update required 2 reboots, and yay - exchange email started working B)

Autorotate doesn't work on my phone, am I missing something?

/VM

Autorotate isn't done yet. It is rotating, but the keyboarddriver is not loading correctly. So no keys when pressing the qwerty-pad. Working on that.

Autorotate isn't done yet. It is rotating, but the keyboarddriver is not loading correctly. So no keys when pressing the qwerty-pad. Working on that.

Ok, I misunderstood previous posts :lol:

Is anybody else having issues with battery-indicator? Just few minutes ago phonepart died (first data and then service) and I thought there's something seriously wrong (batterymeter said 1/3 left). After reboot I noticed in WinMo that battery was drained. (Phew! :) )

And last night my phone was on AC (Android running, uptime was 9hrs!), in the morning meter indicated charging even with charger disconnected and after reboot battery was only half full. WinMo said the battery is full :blink:

Guest erikcas

Ok, I misunderstood previous posts :lol:

Is anybody else having issues with battery-indicator? Just few minutes ago phonepart died (first data and then service) and I thought there's something seriously wrong (batterymeter said 1/3 left). After reboot I noticed in WinMo that battery was drained. (Phew! :) )

And last night my phone was on AC (Android running, uptime was 9hrs!), in the morning meter indicated charging even with charger disconnected and after reboot battery was only half full. WinMo said the battery is full :blink:

This could be. The battery-driver is ported to I8000. Could differ from B7610, but I am not sure.

If I read good somewhere, there is an improvement of battery-indicator on the way in Beta3.

Maybe someone is willing to dive in the service-manuals from I8000 and B7610, and see if battery hardware or driver (in winmo) is different?

Guest erikcas

Hello, please Erikcas laid out the latest changes in the kernel and updates to the repository

What do you mean by that? Explain it, or add it?

For adding it: I don't add none-functional code. Keyboard-slide modifications could affect the code for I8000, which also is in the code.

If the code is working for both B7610 and I8000, so the make_update script in the trunk of the source compiles oke for both B7610 and I8000, I will upload.

Edited by erikcas

Guest geniussbk

What do you mean by that? Explain it, or add it?

For adding it: I don't add none-functional code. Keyboard-slide modifications could affect the code for I8000, which also is in the code.

If the code is working for both B7610 and I8000, so the make_update script in the trunk of the source compiles oke for both B7610 and I8000, I will upload.

ok, thnk, also wanted to ask. I installed ubuntu for the I8000. During start-up was involved tslib calibration. After it all worked perfectly. How to make android driver support touchscreen's tslib calibration?

Guest erikcas

ok, thnk, also wanted to ask. I installed ubuntu for the I8000. During start-up was involved tslib calibration. After it all worked perfectly. How to make android driver support touchscreen's tslib calibration?

Sorry, cannot help you with unbuntu on i8000. That is another forum I think ;)

And screenpositions are hardcoded in kernel.

Edited by erikcas

Guest matriX1218

@erik

all apps are working now after automarically updated from market...

Is it possible to complie all thsese to ext4.tar.gz so that everytime it won't need updates...?

waiting for answer n new update...

Guest erikcas

@erik

all apps are working now after automarically updated from market...

Is it possible to complie all thsese to ext4.tar.gz so that everytime it won't need updates...?

waiting for answer n new update...

Did you receive my PM?

about the files, maybe it could, but haven't really thought about that.

I allways backup my current install by making my own ext4.tar.gz after all is updated. But that is with all my account info's