MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

-------

740 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

[quote name='tillaz' timestamp='1316987631' post='1810810']
do this [url="http://android.modaco.com/topic/344820-09-aug-clockworkmod-recovery-4014-unofficial-modaco-edition-for-the-zte-skate/"]http://android.modac...-the-zte-skate/[/url]

then......

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]copy you custom rom to your phones sd card it should be a .zip

boot into clockwork recovery by powering you phone on and when the green android man shows up press and hold the volume down button untill small vibration then release, it should now boot in recovery.

volume buttons = up & down movements.
home button = select/ok
back button = go back

select wipe data/factory reset
press yes

select wipe cache partion
press yes

now select install .zip from sdcard

choose .zip from sdcard

navigate to you custom rom

select it and press yes

wait for it to install.........

select reboot system now. [img]http://android.modaco.com/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img][/size][/font]
[/quote]

Yeah, i've already tried clockwork and i will give it another try, but it just won't work ... I will post my progress but THX a lot!

[b]EDIT:[/b] http://android.modaco.com/topic/344820-09-aug-clockworkmod-recovery-4014-unofficial-modaco-edition-for-the-zte-skate/page__st__20#entry1810834 Edited by LadronZTE

Posted · Report post

My monte carlo from optimus Portgal with this rom works 100% and very fast, no problems at all, but with stock firmware there are problems because optimus get back all devices because software problems.

I need a program to use the back led as a lantern but none of them works, can you help me?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cyberbit' timestamp='1316993238' post='1810845']
My monte carlo from optimus Portgal with this rom works 100% and very fast, no problems at all, but with stock firmware there are problems because optimus get back all devices because software problems.

I need a program to use the back led as a lantern but none of them works, can you help me?
[/quote]

i am looking into this, hopefully will be available in the next release.

Posted · Report post

Have noticed one thing when i wake phone up the home screen is blank apart from the bottom ten millimeters. This fixes itself as soon as i move left or right, anybody else get this.

Posted · Report post

yes but it always fix its self.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='putbinoot' timestamp='1316998091' post='1810863']
Have noticed one thing when i wake phone up the home screen is blank apart from the bottom ten millimeters. This fixes itself as soon as i move left or right, anybody else get this.
[/quote]

I get this quite often, and I'm running Orange stripped stock rom.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='gitf@ce' timestamp='1317037626' post='1811058']
I get this quite often, and I'm running Orange stripped stock rom.
[/quote]

i think this is a problem with launcher pro, try this:

menu / preferences / advanced settings / memory usage settings / memory usage preset / and select medium or high

Posted · Report post

[quote name='tillaz' timestamp='1317043704' post='1811133']
i think this is a problem with launcher pro, try this:

menu / preferences / advanced settings / memory usage settings / memory usage preset / and select medium or high
[/quote]

Thanks tillaz, I'll give that a try and see if it works :)

Posted · Report post

As a beginner i had girded my loins to give this a go..sadly the links come up as removed due to violation of service....eekk... did i miss the boat or am i better waiting for another rom to come along?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sidecar_jon' timestamp='1317132698' post='1811927']
As a beginner i had girded my loins to give this a go..sadly the links come up as removed due to violation of service....eekk... did i miss the boat or am i better waiting for another rom to come along?
[/quote]

The file will get hosted again somewhere.

Posted · Report post

Link down :( can't download the rom :( can i find this Rom anywhere else ??

Posted · Report post

I downloaded it yesterday and it works a treat, only bug I've found is I can't login to Facebook when using the Launcher Pro Friends Widget but that is not an issue really.
Thanks for the hard work.

can someone please tell me why mediafire would have done this ? wot violation ?

will upload v 1.5 now, has a couple of changes from me & tilal Edited by tillaz

Posted · Report post

I don't know they are stupid.

Hey when you finished with all of this, do you think you could have time to modify the ROM and kernel for my phone ? I am really struggeling with battery life with the CM7 (other than that it is working really really great !) and it seems this ROM has a better battery life (I mean I do 10h normal use :/ )

Posted · Report post

[quote name='plop08' timestamp='1317141324' post='1812067']
I don't know they are stupid.

Hey when you finished with all of this, do you think you could have time to modify the ROM and kernel for my phone ? I am really struggeling with battery life with the CM7 (other than that it is working really really great !) and it seems this ROM has a better battery life (I mean I do 10h normal use :/ )
[/quote]

you would be best asking tilal6991 as he fixed CM7 for you, i'm not sure if it can be done on this rom.. he might have a better idea if it can or not.

Posted · Report post

Yep I thought he stopped all of his OMC activities but then I saw he was back on track with you

Anyway thanks, I will try to see when he has time

Posted · Report post

RE mediafire, could it be that the included Launcherpro is the paid version?

Didn't think widgets were useable in free version?

Posted · Report post

Is version 1.5 up for download yet Tillaz?

Posted · Report post

Tillaz how can i install gtalk?

v 1.5 should be up today around 8 o,clock [img]http://android.modaco.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img] Edited by tillaz

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cyberbit' timestamp='1317209778' post='1812547']
Tillaz how can i install gtalk?
[/quote]

should be to just download from the market, it will be in v 1.5

Posted · Report post

[quote name='tillaz' timestamp='1317225913' post='1812700']
v 1.5 should be up today around 8 o,clock [img]http://android.modaco.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Can't wait :D

can i just install this 1.5v over the other bluemonte v1 without doing all the wipes?cause ill loose all apps and settings again if i do wont i? Edited by garym123

Posted · Report post

is there a change log for the new version...?

Posted · Report post

when is ur xsim due