-------

Guest tillaz

Guest Sidecar_jon

Foiled again... got the files etc, connected to the computer... USB storage mode. To transfer the files. not enough space. Am i missing something i can delete or what?

gps works fine on mine,but the only problem is when i turn gps off the icon stays in status bar and only way to get rid of it is to reboot phone.

are you turning it off using the widget ? or by going into location & security settings ? because the widget sometimes fails to turn things off

Foiled again... got the files etc, connected to the computer... USB storage mode. To transfer the files. not enough space. Am i missing something i can delete or what?

when you plug you phone in and select usb storage press start then computer and right click on drive F: press proprieties and see the free space remaining

Guest Sidecar_jon

yes.. looked and sure enough its almost all full, which is odd dont seem to have much on it, certainly less than my old blade... thanks putting up with me.. i need a bigger SD card it seems. thanks

yes.. looked and sure enough its almost all full, which is odd dont seem to have much on it, certainly less than my old blade... thanks putting up with me.. i need a bigger SD card it seems. thanks

you could just remove some stuff from the card to free up 150mb, best way to find out where all the memory is begin taken is to open the sd card on your computer & just hover the arrow over the folders until a little box pops up, it will tell you how big that file is

Guest Sidecar_jon

Yep but there's not a lot of data on there. I'm ancient so 2 gigs seems a huge amount of memory to me! If i get a new Micro SD i have the problem of transferring things too. Looking up larger Mirco SD's right now.

Yep but there's not a lot of data on there. I'm ancient so 2 gigs seems a huge amount of memory to me! If i get a new Micro SD i have the problem of transferring things too. Looking up larger Mirco SD's right now.

try opening the sd card and looking for a file called LOST and check if it is in the 100s (MB) if it its delete that, its actually useless and for some reason it can end up taking alot of space smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest Sidecar_jon

Thanks.. i'm a stranger to the wonders of the Android OS, its a strange and mysterious place to wander round. I notice its seems to keep all sorts of Ap stuff i thought i'd deleted.

great rom tilaz...link2sd had to be re-run after the update to find Ext-3....GPS seemed a little weak but that could be the weather as well...actually there was alot of solar activity jaming satellite stations as well...

Tillaz...is there a way to change the notification bar icons along with the colour such as the battery, signal strength bar etc?

Btw...really like this ROM alot! I'll upload my Blackberry lookalike UI later :)

Here is my home screen...doesn't look as good as it does on the phone, I just need to find a way now to get back to the stock notification bar icons (mentioned in the post before this one) and change the colour to a darker blue or something:

70350486.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Navie

Here is my home screen...doesn't look as good as it does on the phone, I just need to find a way now to get back to the stock notification bar icons (mentioned in the post before this one) and change the colour to a darker blue or something:

70350486.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

looks good that, wot is the launcher & widgets, wouldent mind using them myself,

as for changing the color / icons in the status bar they are in the systemUI.apk in side the flashable.zip (rom)

Edited by tillaz

looks good that, wot is the launcher & widgets, wouldent mined using them myself,

as for changing the color / icons in the status bar they are in the systemUI.apk in side the flashable.zip (rom)

The launcher is Launcher Pro (the one you supplied in the rom), the clock+date widget is called 'ClockQ', the dock icons are from a theme called 's23-GTX-v4'...I pulled the icons out :) ...the power toggle widget is the 'Extended Controls' widget supplied in your rom and the messaging widget is the one included with the rom with transparency applied.

looks good that, wot is the launcher & widgets, wouldent mined using them myself,

Is there an easy way to flash a stock version of systemUI.apk without flashing a new rom?

The launcher is Launcher Pro (the one you supplied in the rom), the clock+date widget is called 'ClockQ', the dock icons are from a theme called 's23-GTX-v4'...I pulled the icons out :) ...the power toggle widget is the 'Extended Controls' widget supplied in your rom and the messaging widget is the one included with the rom with transparency applied.

cool, yeah if you want to go back to stock icons in the status bar you can just drag & drop the systemUI.apk from the stock rom in to the bluemonte rom but then you would need to reflash.

Edited by tillaz

Tilaz, any chance of getting eastern right to left alphabet working?

CM7 supports eastern languages but that rom is tooo flawed, no GPS, no bluetooth, other problems....

cool, yeah if you want to go back to stock icons in the status bar you can just drag & drop the systemUI.apk from the stock rom in to the bluemonte rom but then you would need to reflash.

I know its not as easy as you make it sound Tillaz :lol: because its a .zip file...do I need to unzip the contents then use a program to make it a .zip file again? Or is there an easier way?

Guest PedroVader

It's easier than he makes it sound.... download the stock Rom, extract it and pull out the. apk for the orange system ui and install it from your SD card. I did it so I can still use the gestures app.

Works for nearly all the Orange stock apps in the rom.

It's easier than he makes it sound.... download the stock Rom, extract it and pull out the. apk for the orange system ui and install it from your SD card. I did it so I can still use the gestures app.

Ok cool, thanks :)

I've tired installing from SD but it says that it can't install, my current notification bar disappears when this happens and returns once I have rebooted the phone.