Guest TheShak

Rom from Phoenix/Truecolor

MIUI 2.1.20 (2.3.7c) signed Original

ROM:

http://www.mediafire...jkdf7yv91ss3lmx

Language Pack

ENG:

http://www.mediafire...g3l9pd15i2yl61q

a. Best to do a full (Data, Cache, Dalvik) wipe. Do a Signed flash in Malez for ROM

b. English language pack can be flashed same time as ROM or afterwards, flash, unsigned, NO WIPE. Best to flash at the same time as some Apps (MMS, Notes) will create data on first use.

c. After flashing and rebooting English will be either selected automatically (if you have a SIM which is defaulted to english) or you can set language to English manually by going to settings -> System (middle tab) -> Language & Input (liitle keyboard icon).

d. Additional re-boot required if changing langauge to change pull down - system menu.

Also:

e. Third party Apps such as Root Explorer, Liquid Settings, Hot Reboot are NOT included in the translation pack, these can be uninstalled and re-installed with their English versions (these can be downloaded the Market or at various places).

f. There is no English version of the Chinese Market App.

NOTE:

from Truecolor (translated to english)

To a certain degree to ease the running out of memory there is enabled by default swap (the use of cache partitioning), this uses the internal flash (phone) space for swap, so the function will theoretically reduce the phones internal flash life.

If you do not want to use this feature in the ROM after flashing

use root explorer to delete in the /cache directory swap.img file,

and delete /system/etc/init.d/11romzswap file.

Thanks

Edited by TheShak

Not quite like this rom

It is not in full English

For Hong Kong people like me prefers English more than Chinese

Waiting for next month's release

I could do a full english build but thought 95% wasn't too bad. The Chinese bits do have Icons so you don't really need to work out whats it all about.

Anyway agree with you about next build, maybe I'll do a complete english build.

thanks for the info

Cheers

Edit: Which bit in chinese do you object too...

Edited by TheShak

Guest AcerFerrari

I could do a full english build but thought 95% wasn't too bad. The Chinese bits do have Icons so you don't really need to work out whats it all about.

Anyway agree with you about next build, maybe I'll do a complete english build.

thanks for the info

Cheers

Edit: Which bit in chinese do you object too...

Thank you very much!

ps: I don't like the Root Explorer in Chinese. It is called Root Explorer, not Root Manager (Chinese translate: RE 管理器)

What I particular hate is the Simplified Chinese

Most Hong Kong dislikes Simplified Chinese (For the reason, plz Google it)

Also, i would like a full english rom as it can help improve my English

You know, in Hong Kong everything is competitive......Even my marks and grades in school

Edited by AcerFerrari

Thank you very much!

ps: I don't like the Root Explorer in Chinese. It is called Root Explorer, not Root Manager (Chinese translate: RE 管理器)

What I particular hate is the Simplified Chinese

Most Hong Kong dislikes Simplified Chinese (For the reason, plz Google it)

Also, i would like a full english rom as it can help improve my English

You know, in Hong Kong everything is competitive......Even my marks and grades in school

Supreme Forever!!

i wanna have traditional chinese language include, but english is no problem....ha ha!!

p.s.: in Hong Kong use traditional chinese. not use simplified chinese.....ha ha ha ha!!

Edited by mmkim

Guest Ma7moud

I installed this rom. After reboot, my MT is stuck in the "fastboot mode" screen. Nothing else but the 2 words. Can any one help?

from what you said i think your phone is "Liquid MT" which is not compatible with this ROM, i would suggest you go to the Acer Liquid MT forum here

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Extreme

It runs very smooth and everything, but the battery drainage is just unbelievably terrible. ~50% in ~9 hours with zero usage. All goes to "cell stand by".

Guest TheShak

It runs very smooth and everything, but the battery drainage is just unbelievably terrible. ~50% in ~9 hours with zero usage. All goes to "cell stand by".

Hi, I personally did not get that issue, might want to try wipe batt stats in Malez...

What I did do which increased speed/smoothness was to get rid of the cache on the phone memory...

i.e. from Truecolor (translated to english)

To a certain degree to ease the running out of memory there is enabled by default swap (the use of cache partitioning), this uses the internal flash (phone) space for swap, so the function will theoretically reduce the phones internal flash life.

If you do not want to use this feature in the ROM after flashing

use root explorer to delete in the /cache directory swap.img file,

and delete /system/etc/init.d/11romzswap file.

This also helps with Market issues as well.

Thanks

Guest lvcargnini

Hi, I start using this ROM after problems with LNP 1.9.2 poor performance on my A1 / S100, I already upgraded to 1.10.21 and it doesn't seems to have everything translated to english as well, so please how can I create a language pack for MIUI ? by where I start because I want full English in everywhere.

The rom with the current translation level is a daily ROM, but there are still some parts that could be translated to be completely 100% english.

Regards.

Guest zorginho

u can't do an English pack, because it's no longer exist.

If u need a fully English rom just redo the port with the English base, or install a language pack of any language (the Italian works well) and set the English in settings.

Guest TheShak

Hi, I start using this ROM after problems with LNP 1.9.2 poor performance on my A1 / S100, I already upgraded to 1.10.21 and it doesn't seems to have everything translated to english as well, so please how can I create a language pack for MIUI ? by where I start because I want full English in everywhere.

The rom with the current translation level is a daily ROM, but there are still some parts that could be translated to be completely 100% english.

Regards.

I have it moslty in english... you need build an update pack with a few apks from the N1 rom, such as framework, mms, latinime, antispam and monitor etc.

Edited by TheShak

Guest Mr. Extreme

I may give this version an other try by wipe-all -> reflash. if it doesn't work then I go back to a previous version. I am going abroad in a few days time, so I cannot afford my phone to black out in a matter of hours. Yesterday it depleted the battery between ~6am (100%) and ~8-10pm (0%), with zero ( !!! ) usage. Unacceptable.

The "Rooster" rongtone is still called "Crow".

I don't understand why is the memory full with apps I never ever started? Why do they start in the background when I boot up the phone? Why I cannot kill the messaging app? I kill them all with Advanced Task Killer, a few minutes later new apps are in the memory again...

Guest thirtytwodave

thanks for the update i have noticed the last two are a bit laggy but with '28 after i ran supercharger (rc2) script and erased /cache directory swap.img file and /system/etc/init.d/11romzswap file its right back to being snappy

'

Edited by thirtytwodave