[ROM] MIUI - 2.1.20 (2.3.7c) - Phoenix

Guest TheShak

I installed the chinese rom, and installed the english language pack, but I cant set language to english. Can anyone guide me how to do it correctly? I have a Liquid E. I installed the miui rom (signed flash), rebooted, installed english lang pack and it still chinese, I cant find the option in settings to change it to english (all chinese chars). Please help.

With the system set to chinese, go to Settings, System, Language & Input Settings, second option from the top, set it to English. =)

Guest TheShak

Oh gosh what a noob I am. :D I deleted it.

Is it recommended to switch compcache on? Other settings (on SGS convert the filesystem to ext4 was made the device fast, i dont know what filesystem does it have, or any recommended settings are available)?

I personally don't use Compcache, it's seems to drain battery... if you need more memory for apps etc. then use the built in A2SD+ which works great. I have a 756mb ext3 partition on SD card and i have about 145mb free on the phone...

Cheers

Edited by TheShak

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheShak

New version uploaded 1.11.18... Cheers

Note: First boot takes a bit longer than usual... also lang pack can be flashed straight after flashing ROM ...

Edited by TheShak

Guest TheShak

Been running this for a few days now and battery life is way better than before... i get around 48% left after a normal days use... this after deleting the cache/swap files as mentioned in first post.

So perfect rom from Truecolor... now!

thanks

p.s. i've noted that low clock speed is set to 128Mhz...

Guest TheShak

New version 1.11.25 on first post, this will auto reboot after flashing at least once. Can flash lang pack straight after rom without rebooting.

Enjoy.

Edited by TheShak

Thanks TheShak,

this works like a charm on my Acer Liquid E. I have to say, I prefer this rom better than the LF version. Coz everything works!

Good Job! Keep 'em coming :)

Guest Lens_flare

Wow, you are the first who prefer Ph rom and saying that with confidence :D

Ok, have you ever tried mine rom? -__-

If yes, wha'ts wwrong with it?

Guest blueyes80

Wow, you are the first who prefer Ph rom and saying that with confidence :D

Ok, have you ever tried mine rom? -__-

If yes, wha'ts wwrong with it?

Hello Lens! yours is a great rom, faster then Phoenix one but in your last build 1.12.2 hotspot wifi doesn't work and bluetooth transfer slow down system. This is my feedback. Now I'm trying 2.3.5b by Phoenix. ;)

Hello Lens! yours is a great rom, faster then Phoenix one but in your last build 1.12.2 hotspot wifi doesn't work and bluetooth transfer slow down system. This is my feedback. Now I'm trying 2.3.5b by Phoenix. ;)

+1, But also the LED indicators at the top messup and stop working proximity sensors issues ( ROM update before )

But this ROM from Phoenix is very smooth... I havent tried the latest LF, but Blueeyes's feedback maybe true, i cant use it as i need hotspot and bluetooth

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dabenxiong

Thank you very much!

ps: I don't like the Root Explorer in Chinese. It is called Root Explorer, not Root Manager (Chinese translate: RE 管理器)

What I particular hate is the Simplified Chinese

Most Hong Kong dislikes Simplified Chinese (For the reason, plz Google it)

Also, i would like a full english rom as it can help improve my English

You know, in Hong Kong everything is competitive......Even my marks and grades in school

不是可以设为繁体中文吗?

我是内地的,一看到英文的rom就头疼...

那个RE 管理器确实汉化的不好,我也很讨厌,叫re文件管理器才差不多....

Guest AcerFerrari

不是可以设为繁体中文吗?

我是内地的,一看到英文的rom就头疼...

那个RE 管理器确实汉化的不好,我也很讨厌,叫re文件管理器才差不多....

是可以設做繁體, 可是一時中文一時簡體的確十分討厭!

可能是因為香港人比較喜歡英文吧~~~

Guest TheShak

Does the phoenix's kernel support undervolt/overvolt ?

Dunno mate... i just use SetCpu to set this at 998Mhz OC with auto settings and it works a treat...

Guest TheShak

Phoenix‘s miui1.12.30 hotspot wifi doesn't work

but he said it will be repaired in the rom of miui 2.1.6 this Friday

Yep this has been fixed as you say... latest build 2.1.6 plus english pack uploaded.... see first post.

Thanks

Guest Waspinator

hmm root explorer is in chinese so I dont know which button is used for delete.

also I cannot install anything from the market because it says that there isn't enough space. in about phone it says there is 155mb left, and I have an ext2 partition thats 512mb big and empy

"There is insufficient space on the device"

FIXED

I cleared all settings in the market app, and all caches in malez and now I can download new apps. Thanks

Edited by Waspinator

Guest Waspinator

hey when is the new update of your rom coming 2.1.13 ?

hmm, some apps (market, root explorer, anything I downloaded) disappeared after a reboot. Any ideas how to fix this?

edit: well after fixing the ext partition and wiping cache in malez recovery the apps are back. strange

Edited by Waspinator

Guest TheShak

hey when is the new update of your rom coming 2.1.13 ?

Today in about 20 mins, sorry for the delay... been busy :rolleyes:

hmm root explorer is in chinese so I dont know which button is used for delete.

also I cannot install anything from the market because it says that there isn't enough space. in about phone it says there is 155mb left, and I have an ext2 partition thats 512mb big and empy

"There is insufficient space on the device"

FIXED

I cleared all settings in the market app, and all caches in malez and now I can download new apps. Thanks

You can get RE in english in most other roms or other places... however the delete button is the first one in the drop down list if you're stuck with chinese...:D

EDIT : New release updated... see first post...

Edited by TheShak