[ROM] MIUI - 2.1.20 (2.3.7c) - Phoenix

Guest TheShak

Guest dancerobot

Sometimes the battery life is ok, then sometimes it's insanely bad. I watched 90 seconds of a youtube video today and it drained 75% of my battery!!!!! That's crazy.

During calls, battery drain is super fast as well. A 60 minute call will take at least like 40% or more. Otherwise, in standby and texting, email it's ok. GPS and Maps drain it faster than normal but it's liveable.

I have not experienced such bad battery life with my liquid on any other roms than the MIUI ones, which seem to all have some sort of battery issue, at least for the last 2 1/2 months, I wonder if this is do to an errant system call or the proximity sensor or something... anyway, the rom is great but I don't think I can keep using it if I can't trust my phone to last 12 hours - it killed my phone today and really messed up my day.

Guest TheShak

I personally don't get these issues now... but, I've stopped using Google Maps - when it went to V6 it seemed to hammer battery... and also last few releases of Adobe Flash it went a bit wacko.

On the call front the screen goes off when it's at a certain angle... just check it when you're on a call that the screen does go off...

So for me not using Gmaps or sometimes the old 5.x version GMaps, the battery always lasts over a day... one thing you could try is Easy Battery Saver from market... i tried this and it does increase battery by about 30 -50 % more, but it had a bug that regarding the 3G/Wifi connection so i stopped using it....

Thanks

Edited by TheShak

Guest elixir.amrit

Phoenix miui 2.1.13 is really a laggy rom and consumes much more battery than any of ur previous roms! I hope this will be fixed in 2.1.20..?

Guest Faust89

Phoenix miui 2.1.13 is really a laggy rom and consumes much more battery than any of ur previous roms! I hope this will be fixed in 2.1.20..?

yes...the battery drain is terrible!

Edited by Faust89

Guest TheShak

Wat does this c after 2.3.7 stand for?

MIUI normally is released every friday, this is a weekly development version. Relative to the development version, there is the stable focus more on stability, the upgrade cycle is normally about once a month this is the 2.3.7c (c= 3rd official version) of the Ginger Bread build.

Guest Diljeet

Not quite like this rom

It is not in full English

For Hong Kong people like me prefers English more than Chinese

Waiting for next month's release

For every one who want the rom in complete English here is the guide:

1. Flash the rom then the Language Pack.

2. for changing the language to english manually, hit menu button- click option in the

center of bottom row( settings will open)- click the center button in top row now - then

scroll and find a sign like keyboard and press it and now click the second option you will

find the English us option there.

3.This changes the rom to English but not completely, now here is how i change it to complete english

4.Apply another theme or status bar of theme or theme's font to change status bars font and

all options will be in english now.

5.Now only the applications are in chinese, which you can replace with english one's - uninstall Liquid Settings, rootexplorer and hot boot, and install from the files attached, all these applications will be in english now.

6. Only one chinese thing remains now, Supermarket if you don't want this app uninstall it from system app remover (attached) and if you need it then i don't know how to get this in english.

7. For any thing, you already know in all my explaination i am sorry to tell you again.

Hope it helps

AllRequiredApps.zip

Guest Diljeet

After flashing new rom and flashing english language pack still chines :-/ who can help?

For every one who want the rom in complete English here is the guide:

1. Flash the rom then the Language Pack.

2. for changing the language to english manually, hit menu button- click option in the center of bottom row( settings will open)- click the center button in top row now - then scroll and find a sign like keyboard and press it and now click the second option you will find the English US option there.

3.This changes the rom to English but not completely, now here is how i change it to complete english

4.Apply another theme or status bar of theme or theme's font to change status bars font and all options will be in english now.

5.Now only the applications are in chinese, which you can replace with english one's - uninstall Liquid Settings, rootexplorer and hot boot, and install from the files attached, all these applications will be in english now.

6. Only one chinese thing remains now, Supermarket if you don't want this app uninstall it from system app remover (attached) and if you need it then i don't know how to get this in

english.

7. For any thing, you already know in all my explaination i am sorry to tell you again.

Hope it helps

AllRequiredApps.zip

Guest sebastian_n

Power amp is behaving weird, lots of stuttering even if I choose the highest priority. Never had this problem before with earlier versions

Edited by sebastian_n

Guest TheShak

Browser (any browser) is very laggy it hangs extensively ..can't work on it for long time??

Power amp is behaving weird, lots of stuttering even if I choose the highest priority. Never had this problem before with earlier versions

The default slow speed for CPU is set to 128Mhz which can cause some "lagginess" espcially on startup and when loading new pages etc.... I use SetCpu to increase min CPU to 248Mhz and Max CPU to 998Mhz... runs like a dream with no real -ve on battery performance... hope that helps?

Thanks

Hi,

I don't know if it's just me but the battery drain seems huge (haven't used it for a long time yet but still it seems really too much).

Any advice?

Maybe I should just keep trying a bit more and it may improve?

Guest TheShak

Hi,

I don't know if it's just me but the battery drain seems huge (haven't used it for a long time yet but still it seems really too much).

Any advice?

Maybe I should just keep trying a bit more and it may improve?

What apps do you have running normally?

I've messed around with EasyBatterySaver?? which does help but seems to kill 3g/wifi too intermittantly...

My batt lasts a full day with about 30% left doing calls, emails, surfing... streaming tends to kill battery life...