Upgrading from the Blade!

Guest Shahmatt

Guest Shahmatt

I know that the Blade still rules in terms of bang for buck performance. Also the community right here still makes the phone quite valuable to hang on to.

But the hardware seems to be aging a little now. Many new models have larger screens and faster processors.

So what do you guys think is a good phone to move up to right now? That is, if "moving up" is even possible!

Guest iNoobz2Droid

depends how much money to spend for a phone per year

moving up from the blade now means moving up from the replacement in year or below probably too

u get a new better phone for arround 180-600€ so whats the amount of money u wanna spent on a per year basis?

Edited by iNoobz2Droid

Yeah, I sea the Acer metal on that expansys for a while, give it some time its will go cheap, I have speculated the page forthat phone, and in a month I declined from 159.99 to 139.99 , so in a while it'll probably go to 99, and yes, I have a Acer Liquid E, and that is a excellent phone, I think that anyone who wishes to upgrade, that's the perfect phone,

Apparently Expansys Xmas sales are good too

Guest Wolves4Ever

It seems at the moment, that to make it worth upgrading from the Blade, you're looking at spending a couple of hundred quid. Makes you realise how good this phone actually is.

Guest Shahmatt

I see some good suggestions.

I didn't know about the Acer Liquid Metal. Dropping into the forum I see that several custom ROMs are available already. So community wise it does have potential. However the specs seem to be only slightly better than the Blade and I think it may need a little more to constitute as an upgrade.

The LG Optimus 2X is a gorgeous phone really. Good design, large 4.3" screen, and good value considering it uses a dual core processor. Sadly I see very little community activity so far, but there is still time to hope I suppose. This is one I am following closely.

Huawei's X5 is a good phone, but again the specs are only slightly better than the Blade.

http://www.gsmarena....1&idPhone2=3596

A good upgrade would be a phone with a larger screen size of between 3.7" to 4.3". Dual core CPUs would also be a nice way to go.

I can't find a good upgrade right now. Do we wait for ZTE to come up with something new?

Edited by Shahmatt

Guest Wolves4Ever

I didn't know about the Acer Liquid Metal. Dropping into the forum I see that several custom ROMs are available already. So community wise it does have potential. However the specs seem to be only slightly better than the Blade and I think it may need a little more to constitute as an upgrade.

The LG Optimus 2X is a gorgeous phone really. Good design, large 4.3" screen, and good value considering it uses a dual core processor. Sadly I see very little community activity so far, but there is still time to hope I suppose. This is one I am following closely.

Huawei's X5 is a good phone, but again the specs are only slightly better than the Blade.

A good upgrade would be a phone with a larger screen size of between 3.7" to 4.3". Dual core CPUs would also be a nice way to go.

I can't find a good upgrade right now. Do we wait for ZTE to come up with something new?

Which all proves my previous point, the Blade is a cracking little phone. I'm not even sure ZTE have anything in the pipeline that would fit your needs. The other issue, is that the Blade currently has a great following on here, so don't be put off too much by the lack of activity on other forums, it just won't match ours right now. I'm certainly keeping my eye on the LG 2x

Edited by Wolves4Ever

Desire HD?

Guest Maringer

XIAOMI MIONE!

Good luck in trying to get one of those!

Personally, I upgraded to a second-hand Motorola Defy about 6 months ago - paid 120 quid which was a pretty decent deal at the time. It is an excellent device - bigger screen than the SF and much faster (600MHz ARMv6 vs an overclocked 1GHz ARMv7 CPU was no contest). I ended up using MIUI which was pretty good in many respects. The MotoBlur crap is rubbish but the CM7 and MIUI ports are very good and stable.

However, I've now moved on yet again to a Motorola Atrix which is another massive step beyond the SF (and the Defy, for that matter). Got a good deal on this and now need to sell my SF and Defy to get some cash back in my pocket!

I'd certainly recommend an ARMv7 device of some sort as an upgrade from the SF as, subjectively, the performance is much, much better in every respect.

Guest HACKDROID

Desire HD?

thats what i went for and im not looking back to tell you the truth ,i mean osf is great for what it is and in terms of cost you cant get better for the price but desire hd is miles apart there is seroius support like here over on xda so many roms and customisation and there is the build quality of htc and sense is quite good too ! desire hd is almost all metal too, ihave DHD overclocked to 1.6ghz and there i s no problems whatsoever and then there is 720p recording honestly camera is stunning and then there is also beats audio for it now the list is endless . I mean even when it was stock official htc 2.3 it was amazing .

acer is not much of an upgrade imo and you can pick up a desire hd used for about£180-200

Edited by HACKDROID

Guest ShahinTehShiz

Wildfire s or desire s or galaxy ace can all be had for £12 a month which one is best ?

Desire S definitely, mind if I ask how you came across that deal?