San Francisco and LG Optimus One

Guest chris9181

Guest chris9181

Hi

We have just taken out a contract with T-Mobile for my daughter (her first phone) and the free phone is the LG Optimus One. The LG has had decent reviews but I wondered what people thought about selling the LG and buying the San Fran?

Would the hassle of the selling and buying of the phones be rewarded by a big performance payback or is there little to choose between the phones and we should stick with the LG?

One thing to mention is that she is 11 yrs old so wont be doing much tecky stuff, wont be changing roms etc.

Many thanks

Chris

Edited by chris9181

If I were you, I'd stick with the Optimus One

here are some points:

1. It has official GB update

2. it has a lower screen resolution (320x400something vs. 480 x 800)

- as to why its better? because both of them have the same processor, msm7227 600mhz,

try running dungeon defenders, you'd see how the blade shits itself when there are so many mobs(even when overclocked)

this happens because of the resolution, blade has to process almost twice as much as the optimus one! so it affects the phone overall.

3. it has the same amount of ram 512mb.

4. it has great community support(xda), has its own CM port, and all other custom GB roms

5. it has an average OC of 800mhz+ compared to the blades 748mhz average(mostly they can overclock it this much

anything higher it reboots or bootloops)..

6. it has larger battery capacity(1500mah vs. 1250mah)

I dont mean to offend bladers, Im using one as well, but based on your situation, your better off with the optimus one imho..

Hi

We have just taken out a contract with T-Mobile for my daughter (her first phone) and the free phone is the LG Optimus One. The LG has had decent reviews but I wondered what people thought about selling the LG and buying the San Fran?

Would the hassle of the selling and buying of the phones be rewarded by a big performance payback or is there little to choose between the phones and we should stick with the LG?

One thing to mention is that she is 11 yrs old so wont be doing much tecky stuff, wont be changing roms etc.

Many thanks

Chris

Edited by droweed

Better screen, more ram = more room for running apps.

same ram on optimus one and blade

better screen? higher screen res, but same gpu, so redraw rate is quicker on the optimus one

If I were you, I'd stick with the Optimus One

here are some points:

1. It has official GB update

2. it has a lower screen resolution (320x400something vs. 480 x 800)

- as to why its better? because both of them have the same processor, msm7227 600mhz,

try running dungeon defenders, you'd see how the blade shits itself when there are so many mobs(even when overclocked)

this happens because of the resolution, blade has to process almost twice as much as the optimus one! so it affects the phone overall.

3. it has the same amount of ram 512mb.

4. it has great community support(xda), has its own CM port, and all other custom GB roms

5. it has an average OC of 800mhz+ compared to the blades 748mhz average(mostly they can overclock it this much

anything higher it reboots or bootloops)..

6. it has larger battery capacity(1500mah vs. 1250mah)

I dont mean to offend bladers, Im using one as well, but based on your situation, your better off with the optimus one imho..

2. Optimus One is HVGA 480 x 320 compared to WVGA 800 x 480

Guest Picazsoo

keep the lg. I think for 11 year old, it's a perfect phone. I also bet that the audio through headphones will be louder on lg oo - that might be more important for your daughter than the screen res. It also seems more durable - a friend of mine has it and it's a nice little phone that seems quite robust.

keep the lg. I think for 11 year old, it's a perfect phone. I also bet that the audio through headphones will be louder on lg oo - that might be more important for your daughter than the screen res. It also seems more durable - a friend of mine has it and it's a nice little phone that seems quite robust.

OTOH, my 10 year old son has a Blade and he loves it for gaming.