[ROM] Factory unlocked ZTE Skate shipped with 2.3.5 [LINKS ADDED]

Guest spigot

Guest tillaz

As per your post #14 of this thread, and then following instructions in Final clockworkmod gui post.

Hope this helps on the road to 1-click root for 2.3.5

can you boot into clockwork by powering the phone on & when at the green android logo pops up holding down the volume down button until vibration..

Guest reo2xor

If by that's booting to a white square containing the letters FTM - then yes, if not then Iguess no

can you boot into clockwork by powering the phone on & when at the green android logo pops up holding down the volume down button until vibration..

Guest tillaz

If by that's booting to a white square containing the letters FTM - then yes, if not then Iguess no

excellent this is exactally wot we need, it sounds like you have achieved wot we have been failing at .... smile.gif

good work... we should get this made into flashable .zip & pinned for you & all the other skate users who may need to revert to 100% stock for warranty or such smile.gif

Guest reo2xor

Thanks, from Win7 64bit it was pretty straightforward with GUI.

Process followed if anyone is interested was as follows:

1. Loaded and booted clockwork via APB with "r4-4.0.14-skate-clockworkmod.zip" as per your instructions in post #14

2. Rebooted to Android

3. Loaded and booted GUI via APB with "update photom_cwm_update_skate.zip" as per Final Clockwork GUI post

4. Selected backup and waited for it to complete

5. Rebooted to Android and copied the files from SD card

Newbie luck I guess

Guest Sebastian404

(unlocked phone bought from Brightpoint - local UK distributor)

Brightpoint, are they not those guys who do 30% APR lease to own consumer goods? thats scary if ZTE could not find someone better to partner with. :(

Guest PedroVader

Brightpoint, are they not those guys who do 30% APR lease to own consumer goods? thats scary if ZTE could not find someone better to partner with. :(

I think you might have them confused with Bright House tongue.gif

Guest magikstar29

we are forced to use Clockwork gui to flash the rom or simply use the normal clockwork ?

Edited by magikstar29

Guest tillaz

to everyone using 2.3.5 do not use the root guide that is pinned.... it will just boot loop.... i installed clockworkmod before trying so i could unbrick the phone....

be warned ohmy.gif

clockworkmod is safe to install if you wish to use other roms.....smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest magikstar29

the rom flash work with the "normal" clockwork or i must install the gui version?

to everyone using 2.3.5 do not use the root guide that is pinned.... it will just boot loop.... i installed clockworkmod before trying so i could unbrick the phone....

be warned ohmy.gif

clockworkmod is safe to install if you wish to use other roms.....smile.gif

Guest dadashi

is it unlocked...?

EDIT: ok, I saw the thread...no joy....

at least the stock skate owners get something out of this...

Edited by dadashi

Guest spigot

Hi.

I Want to try it again, like reo2xor did, but now I get error: device not found (the driver is installed)

And I don't understand step 3.

3. Loaded and booted GUI via APB with "update photom_cwm_update_skate.zip" as per Final Clockwork GUI post

Thanks

post-933708-0-28169000-1317747418_thumb.

Edited by spigot

Guest tillaz

Hi.

I Want to try it again, like reo2xor did, but now I get error: device not found (the driver is installed)

And I don't understand step 3.

Thanks

i think he just used the.img from clockwork GUI

EDIT: do you have usb debugging turned on

Edited by tillaz

Guest muchotravka

Finally I was able to make my own images with my ntb. Next thing is to root my phone :D

Great. The unlocked ZTE Skate with 2.3.5 has arrived to our local stores too. I want to buy one, but root is a must, because I want to use link2sd. I will wait for more news from you.

Guest freeman_g

Is it possible to pin this thread? I believe that standard ZTE Firmware is very important thing.

Also it would be useful to attach .zip file with firmware to the first post.

• 4 weeks later...