[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest trueno2k

Hi tillaz, hi all,

I was just wondering would there be any status bar / notification power widgets being developed for this version and the 2.3.4 version (like you get with CM7 and MIUI custom roms)?... It would be an awesome addition to this and the 2.3.4 version rom! I also would like to know whether you created the framework or whatever it is that allows you to add data apps into the zip file so that they are installed to /data/app directory/folder instead of /system/app directory/folder???... I tried modifying the custom rom zip file for CM7 and it didn't work at all, which made the apps in the data/app folder of the zip file redundant. I hope you understand what I'm asking here ^_^

Keep it up... thumbsup ^_^

Hi tillaz, hi all,

I was just wondering would there be any status bar / notification power widgets being developed for this version and the 2.3.4 version (like you get with CM7 and MIUI custom roms)?... It would be an awesome addition to this and the 2.3.4 version rom! I also would like to know whether you created the framework or whatever it is that allows you to add data apps into the zip file so that they are installed to /data/app directory/folder instead of /system/app directory/folder???... I tried modifying the custom rom zip file for CM7 and it didn't work at all, which made the apps in the data/app folder of the zip file redundant. I hope you understand what I'm asking here ^_^

Keep it up... thumbsup ^_^

yes i am thinking of adding the status bar widgets but i don't know when..

if you add the data/app to a rom you need to modify the updater script

Guest trueno2k

yes i am thinking of adding the status bar widgets but i don't know when..

if you add the data/app to a rom you need to modify the updater script

I didn't realise that... I'm a noob with developing Custom Roms... I can only root and flash stuff you guys provide, so I don't know where to look to update this script or scripts, plus I don't really have much knowledge when it comes to scripting languages... So, can you direct me to where and how I can customise my own CM7 build which allows me to include data/app apks into the modified rom zip please, be much appreciated... If it can't be done easily then could you maybe send me in the right direction to get files to mod the CM7 framework (???) please.

Thanks...

Move GO SMS Pro from /data to /system (unless you want to leave users without a messaging app that is).

if you do this you will find that the contact list dose not open on GO SMS Pro.....

that is why its where it is & it should work fine in data/app

I didn't realise that... I'm a noob with developing Custom Roms... I can only root and flash stuff you guys provide, so I don't know where to look to update this script or scripts, plus I don't really have much knowledge when it comes to scripting languages... So, can you direct me to where and how I can customise my own CM7 build which allows me to include data/app apks into the modified rom zip please, be much appreciated... If it can't be done easily then could you maybe send me in the right direction to get files to mod the CM7 framework (???) please.

Thanks...

removed

Edited by tillaz

Guest trueno2k

Hey thanks for the prompt reply, gonna go test this with CM7-Skate my-mod rom... Another thing do I need to include that check-data-app file in the root of the zip?

Cheer

UPDATE: Getting a status 6 error and then abort flash! am I doing anything wrong? Here's a portion of what the coding looks like below...

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "skate" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "skate" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "skate");

package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");

set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/backuptool.sh");

run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "backup");

show_progress(0.500000, 0);

format("yaffs2", "MTD", "system");

mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");

package_extract_dir("recovery", "/system");

package_extract_file("check_data_app", "/tmp/check_data_app");

set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/check_data_app");

run_program("/tmp/check_data_app");

mount("MTD", "userdata", "/data");

package_extract_dir("data", "/data");

set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0771, 0644, "/data/app");

mount("MTD", "system", "/system");

delete_recursive("/system");

package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

symlink("busybox", "/system/xbin/[", "/system/xbin/[[",

Edited by trueno2k

Hey thanks for the prompt reply, gonna go test this with CM7-Skate my-mod rom... Another thing do I need to include that check-data-app file in the root of the zip?

Cheer

UPDATE: Getting a status 6 error and then abort flash! am I doing anything wrong? Here's a portion of what the coding looks like below...

removed

Edited by tillaz

Guest trueno2k

doing as little as just opening your updater-script once, without a decant notepad will brake it...

you must not touch it with anything other than notepad or notepad++

here is notepad++ http://download.tuxf...4.Installer.exe

you will now need a new updater-script... here is a pre modded version for CM7 http://www.mediafire...lhec3nuoeckt3ob

remember to add the data/app file wink.gif

Well... a status 7 error now

"mount() expects 4 args, got 3" was displayed before status 7 error was displayed!... Any ideas why this isn't working right?

Thanks

Well... a status 7 error now

"mount() expects 4 args, got 3" was displayed before status 7 error was displayed!... Any ideas why this isn't working right?

Thanks

updater-scripts are a pain in the arss...

my advice would be not to bother with app/data & just drop your apps in the system/app folder...

if you get some that do not install, install them from your phone like any other apk then use root explorer to pull the installed apk from data/app

then drop the apk back in to the system/app folder & they will now install...wink.gif

just remove wot you added to the updater-script & it should be fine..

Edited by tillaz

Guest trueno2k

updater-scripts are a pain in the arss...

my advice would be not to bother with app/data & just drop your apps in the system/app folder...

if you get some that do not install, install them from your phone like any other apk then use root explorer to pull the installed apk from data/app

then drop the apk back in to the system/app folder & they will now install...wink.gif

just remove wot you added to the updater-script & it should be fine..

The coding probably isn't coded right for CM7, thats probably why CM haven't done this themselves because they haven't figured out what to do or something similar... Well, thanks for helping out tho... It's a shame cuz it would have been great to flash a custom rom and at the same time install onto the data/app folder apps that I use all the time... well, TTFN... ^_^

The coding probably isn't coded right for CM7, thats probably why CM haven't done this themselves because they haven't figured out what to do or something similar... Well, thanks for helping out tho... It's a shame cuz it would have been great to flash a custom rom and at the same time install onto the data/app folder apps that I use all the time... well, TTFN... ^_^

you are better of just putting them in the system/app folder anyway....

this is wot i do when adding apps most of the time & its just exactly the same as app/data wink.gif

Guest trueno2k

you are better of just putting them in the system/app folder anyway....

this is wot i do when adding apps most of the time & its just exactly the same as app/data wink.gif

Thanks, however, I'll keep at it and see what I can do, erm, can you tell me what type of file I should save the updater-script file as in Notepad++ please?... Cheers... ^_^

Thanks, however, I'll keep at it and see what I can do, erm, can you tell me what type of file I should save the updater-script file as in Notepad++ please?... Cheers... ^_^

just press save & it will overwrite the original... make a backup first though wink.gif

Guest Unchange

I just got a Monte Carlo today and installed this rom, also tried the CyanogenMod, which seemed faster. Unsure if this has been tested. Anyway, I thought Orange Signal Boost was meant to be included with this rom? Can't see it there... How can I get those few useful apps from orange back? I saw a post on this but no adequate answer. Cheers.

I just got a Monte Carlo today and installed this rom, also tried the CyanogenMod, which seemed faster. Unsure if this has been tested. Anyway, I thought Orange Signal Boost was meant to be included with this rom? Can't see it there... How can I get those few useful apps from orange back? I saw a post on this but no adequate answer. Cheers.

this rom will most likely have no more work done to it...

bluemonte is the one with signal boost & stuff

Edited by tillaz

Guest Unchange

this rom will most likely have no more work done to it...

bluemonte is the one with signal boost & stuff

Cool. I just installed that one instead, seems nice. Does it retain HD voice capabilities?

Guest Unchange

yes but the other phone you ring must also have...

Yeah, thought as much. Did I see some app-killer on this rom that isn't on the other? It's frustrating that android keeps applications running in the background (I'm new to android).

Tillaz: Thank you for nice rom again

I have just one question on the my old custom rom was feature that when i pres green icon of phone and numeric keyboard peared i was typing numers and on the display start writing name from the contact list. For expample if i was typing 5646 on the display was john.. I hope its making sence :) Is any chance to switch on this feature? Because i dont like listening in the phone book and looking for contacts.. this was much easier way

Thanks

Great work tillaz. I'm running BlueMonte-Plus.zip which I assume is your latest.

Only Issue I have is the GPS doesn't always startup cleanly on wake-up. This confirmed using over several weeks of experimentation using several apps including GPS Essentials.

It gets a fix after a reasonable time then immediately loses it and reverts to phone signal triangulation. And so the cycle continues. Only remedy is to reboot which always restores full function.

Any thoughts about ICS for Skate :-)

Edited by AMcK