[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Hi, I'm new so thanks in advance for all the stuff for skate/omc. Couple of questions, I have a rooted OMC with atomic v4:

- Do I need to wipe the phone to update to v5 like if I were to install a new ROM?

- Weird one, when I turn off my phone, it won't boot up until I remove the battery and put it in again. It does nothing until I do that (no red led, no screen, nothing), I'm not sure if it did that with the original rom, is it a faulty phone or did I do something wrong?

Thanks again :)

Guest JThumar

ROM does everything.......you need not to do any wipes.....

Hi, I'm new so thanks in advance for all the stuff for skate/omc. Couple of questions, I have a rooted OMC with atomic v4:

- Do I need to wipe the phone to update to v5 like if I were to install a new ROM?

- Weird one, when I turn off my phone, it won't boot up until I remove the battery and put it in again. It does nothing until I do that (no red led, no screen, nothing), I'm not sure if it did that with the original rom, is it a faulty phone or did I do something wrong?

Thanks again :)

Edited by JThumar

No, Atomic doesn't have Dolby. Bluemonte does, which tillaz is working on bringing up to date.

Thought so as I didn't see any options. Atomic is running really well though. It has much better battery life than any CM7 ROM and the theme tweaks that have been made look great.

The links to Minus on the first post seem to be down. Do we have a mirror anywhere?

Edit: now working again! :)

Thanks

Sam

Edited by Sgl

V5 is still in testing fase i guess?

I would really love to see skype support in V5 in cyanogenmod the skype from the market works without any modifications, but on atomic you need to download this version: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1148708 And tick "MODE_IN_CALL" My friends say i sound weird when i use this version.

if you just use skype for free calls and messages i would try viber from the market it works amazing, free calls, texts and picture messages using the actual phone number, they use newer tech than skype and others so call quality sounds excellent.

give it a try, works flawless on t mobile and any other network that has moderate or open NAT

Edited by tillaz

Thought so as I didn't see any options. Atomic is running really well though. It has much better battery life than any CM7 ROM and the theme tweaks that have been made look great.

its only in oranges stock rom and its to deep in to the framework for me to add to atomic, but i have a new rom half finished that has everything included

This is a nice update tillaz, very smooth, battery life is good, no worse than the other roms, off charge for 4 hours, only dropped 5%.

Only issue I've got is contacts not joining, but thats only ever worked properly in CM7 and CM9, apart from that its all good.

Nice work dude!

this has me totally confused because it works fine on the o2x, i think its zte's contactsprovider.apk

Guest killerval

hey tillaz, ive had your rom for a few weeks now (atomic v4), and its fantastic!

however ive come across a problem: sometimes when i make a call, the screen turns off :/ only if the call ends does it turn back on (which is annoying if it goes to voicemail as i have to take the battery out to end the call). could this be caused by an app?

thanks in advance :D

Guest razzmataz1478

hey tillaz, ive had your rom for a few weeks now (atomic v4), and its fantastic!

however ive come across a problem: sometimes when i make a call, the screen turns off :/ only if the call ends does it turn back on (which is annoying if it goes to voicemail as i have to take the battery out to end the call). could this be caused by an app?

thanks in advance :D

Use the hardware test app to calibrate the proximity sensor

ANYONE THAT IS USING V4 I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND UPDATING TO V5 AS THIS REALY IS THE FINAL VERSION.

ANY PROBLEMS, IF ANY WILL BE FIXED VIA PATCH

I'M CONCENTRATION ON GETTING THE THE NEW ROM OUT, THEN MOVING ON TO MY OTHER (MAIN) PHONE UNTILL ANYTHING BIG HAPPENS, LIKE 800X480, FLASH LIGHT,BT HID, USB HOST/OTG wink.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest JThumar

Do i need to install first page ROM ? or its the same you posted in the thread?

ANYONE THAT IS USING V4 I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND UPDATING TO V5 AS THIS REALY IS THE FINAL VERSION.

ANY PROBLEMS, IF ANY WILL BE FIXED VIA PATCH

I'M CONCENTRATION ON GETTING THE THE NEW ROM OUT, THEN MOVING ON TO MY OTHER (MAIN) PHONE UNTILL ANYTHING BIG HAPPENS, LIKE 800X480, FLASH LIGHT,BT HID, USB HOST/OTG wink.gif

Guest TrollFaceEngaged

Do i need to install first page ROM ? or its the same you posted in the thread?

I think it's the same, becuase if you follow the link to Minus to download v5, The upload date says "2 days ago"........

Guest victormun

Does v5 still include support (aka. the script) for Darktremors App2SD (A2SDGui)?

Awesome work, tillaz :)

Edited by victormun

Guest PedroVader

this has me totally confused because it works fine on the o2x, i think its zte's contactsprovider.apk

Yep, that's the one, was the same on the Blade. Its not a deal breaker though, the rom itself is ace ;)

Does v5 still include support (aka. the script) for Darktremors App2SD (A2SDGui)?

Awesome work, tillaz :)

it uses link2sd by default but can use app2sd if flashed

Guest victormun

it uses link2sd by default but can use app2sd if flashed

I've found a bug. If you record with following settings: 640x480, H264 Codec, 30 minutes, the camera app crashes and gives back a FC.

Guest CrypticX

I always do a full reset and wipe before installing new rom. Just think it's best to start as clean as possible...

But... It's so much work every time to configure everything...

So, what is the best (cleanest?) way to minimize the work after a new rom flash.

I guess it's different when you go from Atomic V4 => V5 (can you flash this without any whipes, like a sort of upgrade?) or when you are trying a completely different rom?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Where did the hardware test app go? Its not in the app drawer, not that i ever used it since the screen allways turns on after/while calling.

I double checked that its not hidden by go laucher, or is it somewhere else then the appdrawer? Also how do i change to the ICS animations?

Thanks Tillaz i allready liked V4 very mutch, so this update could only make it better :D

Guest TrollFaceEngaged

Where did the hardware test app go? Its not in the app drawer, not that i ever used it since the screen allways turns on after/while calling.

I double checked that its not hidden by go laucher, or is it somewhere else then the appdrawer? Also how do i change to the ICS animations?

Thanks Tillaz i allready liked V4 very mutch, so this update could only make it better :D

Tillaz said that someone had made messed up their touchscreen and to stop any further problems he didn't add the app to v5. I think the ICS animations are only visible in ADW Launcher as they are from CM7 (Ice Armour) which uses ADW by default. (I think!) :)