TurboSIM unlocks the OMC!!

Guest tilal6991

Tillaz can you tell me how you got it working? Mine's broken again hahahaha.

just set it to 0032 with the programming instructions that came with it....

then after that turn the sim card pin number back to off, or put it back the way you had it before the 1234 thing....

reboot...

wait for it to connect to the network.... might take a while. (5 mins max)

enter your APN settings & select it...

wait a couple of mins and it should be working....

Edited by tillaz

just noticed something very weird.....

with t mobile the APN actually makes no difference wot it says lol, for instance i only had the tesco mobile APN setting saved after re-flashing rom....

put the t mobile sim in & data worked with tesco APN...blink.gif

so i then changed it to

APN NAME: TESCO

APN : Q

lol still fully working..... huh.gif

also data will only work with roaming turned on..... it should make no difference though, unless you leave the country with this turned on wink.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest MoreLazers

It's still telling me I'm on giffgaff but I just have no service anywhere. Tried reprogramming the sim again. This is annoying now I had it working before ;_;

Guest MoreLazers

THIS IS SO STUPID. It recognises I'm on the giffgaff network but it just refuses to get signal. If I could upload screenshots on the mobile version of the site I would show you.

Ggggrrrrr

Hi guys ,

I only have access to the internet (with g-g-gadgets x-sim) after configuring APN and setting data roaming on. Should'n this work with data roaming of ? More,.. is it possible that I could be paying roaming even i'm not abroad ?

thanks !

i bought one of these xsims on monday , dont know when it will arrive but as i dont understand what a micro sim is i have not much chance of this working for me , when you buy a phone from argos or from a calalogue it should be unlocked, i got this phone to replace a broken handset under contract , i should have got a unlocked one but never thought the issue of unlocking would be an problem ,what is the point being on orange for a smartphone , their internet packages are pathetic . i will try the xsim when it arrives, however i cant see myself cutting the sim card up to become a micro sim as its a contract sim. how long does it normally take to work out unlock codes for new phones, is this phone a issue or is it like any phone now out on the market. im on virgin mobile

Guest thfc5975

Ok, bit of an update.

Tried with my 3 sim last night, put in the 0096 code and I got signal with the small r next to it.

I could make calls but not receive them and couldnt access the internet or send or receive text messages.

Also tried the 0032 code, so can anyone throw any light on what if anything im doing wrong?

One thing I did notice is that when I tried to manually configure the 3 APNs I couldn't actually see them once I had saved them.

Stuck now, 3 sim has gone back into my Incredible S.

Guest garagemc

just set it to 0032 with the programming instructions that came with it....

then after that turn the sim card pin number back to off, or put it back the way you had it before the 1234 thing....

reboot...

wait for it to connect to the network.... might take a while. (5 mins max)

enter your APN settings & select it...

wait a couple of mins and it should be working....

Did you ever try the x-sim with a three sim? If so could you get it to work?

I'm giving up on this as well :(

Using any of the default codes the best I can achieve is a poor signal and outgoing calls and txts but no incoming, cant get data to work at all and the APN list stays blank.

I did have some partial progress programming the sim using the pin unlock method, using the codes from the super x sim site, entering 23433096 made the apn list show the orange apns and had orange network codes showing when entering new apns. BUT still no signal.

I think with a programmer it may be possible to find a phone code that works but i haven;t got the time to do it one code at a time, reboot the phone and wait 5 mins for a signal :blink:

It also dramatically reduces the signal strength so it's no good for me at home with a marginal signal.

I've orderded a replacement digitizer from ebay for my OSF so hopefully I can get that to work again and I'll get an unlock from Orange after 3 months.

Edited by mike_

recieved xsim this morning , found it a bit tricky inserting it in place so i cut the sim card down a little bit , and eventually it fitted it easily . turned on phone and it instantly recognised virgin mobile as the network, i was shocked , so i made a call from it and it worked , it can recieve calls and texts also , have not got internet yet as i have not inputted anything at present , hopefully virgin mobile will send settings straight to phone . couple of pictures to show you its working for me

post-934786-0-39996000-1318595197_thumb.

post-934786-0-25590500-1318595215_thumb.

Edited by nesser

Guest stiefanu

I have bought a xsim IV from ebay..I've tried to program it, but no codes works! I've tried codes from 0000 to 0050 >.< I would continue until 0167..In your opinion, have i some chances to find the correct code?

had to reflash rom back to bluemonde 2.3.4 version 1.6 to be able to store APN from virgin mobile , its now working 100% all calls in and out ,txts in and out and full internet.

Seems like it's only the X-Sim III's that work, guess i'll hang on waiting for my DealExtreme order to come, it'll be a race between the phone being 3 months old and it arriving <_<

one problem noticed , when its on gsm i can recieve calls and txts and reply no problems , but no internet , when i change it to gsm/wcdma no calls or texts in or out but internet is good , any ideas to fix it.

Guest Chris Type R

Has anyone tried the auto search mode - http://www.super-xsim.com/Gallery.htm

How to use 0159 to auto search correct code

Start

1. Prepare a phone that can use normal work o any net lock, (we ask it as ‘phone A')

Insert x-sim and SIM together in phone A and power on phone, enter PIN: 0030, take the battery down when the phone find net work( take the battery down directly, don’t use power off button), then Takes down SIM and X-SIM, do next step in 1 minutes

2. Insert the SIM and X-SIM in locked phone, (we ask it as ‘phone B’), power on the phone. enter PIN: 0159, wait Phone B find network, (need 3-5 minutes some times )or can’t find network.

3. Run superxsim soft, press ‘Read Settings'’

4. go to 'too menu l' Press ‘List all mode_type’ button, create Preferential list and Other list. Both of them including correct unlock code.

5. Fill code from preferential list and write to x-sim, if not correct, select next one to test till successes

Edited by Chris Type R

Guest MoreLazers

Got it to work. Put the gg sim in a phone it works in, then back in the Monte Carlo. Still can't get internet to work, tried both blue Monte and cm7, can't manage to get mobile data working on either.

Guest Chris Type R

Got it to work. Put the gg sim in a phone it works in, then back in the Monte Carlo. Still can't get internet to work, tried both blue Monte and cm7, can't manage to get mobile data working on either.

Have you tried 2 separate APNs for data (apparently needs to be done or OSF) ?

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/APN-GPRS-3G-Android-Setting-HTC-G1-Dream-Magic-Hero-Nexus-One/td-p/1144