Help Please

Guest moo14

I have an OMC with GB 2.3.4 and i installed the ZTE Skate overclock kernel but since then i cannot boot in recovery to change my ROM to get rid of this orange s***. Any ideas? Really need help before i smash my phone lol

just run the same process you used to get in on your phone the first time round, smile.gif

That doesn't work. Clockwork mod and rom manager do nothing. I can't use the same process as i can't get into recovery mode to do the update.zip

Guest Amphoras

That doesn't work. Clockwork mod and rom manager do nothing. I can't use the same process as i can't get into recovery mode to do the update.zip

If nothing else is working, you could try this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41652192/Skate%20TPTs/200sys-35cache-skate-tpt.zip

MD5sum: 5a56c1f7694ffa8d6415e4d2d3ca9ec2

Unzip it to the root of your sdcard and check the md5sums. It should be in a folder called "image". Turn your phone off, then power on holding the menu and vol+ buttons. You should see green text on the screen, then it should reboot into Clockwork and you can install a rom. It will also repartition your internal memory reducing the system partition to 200mb, cache to 35mb and increasing the data partition.

If nothing else is working, you could try this: http://dl.dropbox.co...e-skate-tpt.zip

MD5sum: 5a56c1f7694ffa8d6415e4d2d3ca9ec2

Unzip it to the root of your sdcard and check the md5sums. It should be in a folder called "image". Turn your phone off, then power on holding the menu and vol+ buttons. You should see green text on the screen, then it should reboot into Clockwork and you can install a rom. It will also repartition your internal memory reducing the system partition to 200mb, cache to 35mb and increasing the data partition.

Thanks but it gets to 44% and says error

UPDATE..... NOW IT WONT BOOT AT ALL. WTF?

Edited by moo14

Guest Amphoras

Thanks but it gets to 44% and says error

UPDATE..... NOW IT WONT BOOT AT ALL. WTF?

Did the md5sums match? Check them and if they don't match, redownload and try again. If they do and it fails again, you could try the full stock one from this thread:

That should return to stock partitions sizes, stock recovery and the stock Orange rom again.

Guest philmein

Did the md5sums match? Check them and if they don't match, redownload and try again. If they do and it fails again, you could try the full stock one from this thread: http://android.modac...ost__p__1816403

That should return to stock partitions sizes, stock recovery and the stock Orange rom again.

whwn i put that tpt on it also errored at 44% but carried on after the error and worked ok with new partition sizes

Edited by philmein

Guest Amphoras

whwn i put that tpt on it also errored at 44% but carried on after the error and worked ok with new partition sizes

Hmm, need to try and work out later what's causing the error.

moo14: When you got the error, did you take the battery out/turn your phone off straight away, or did you wait a bit and see what happened?