CWM error: Thoughts?

Guest glossywhite

Guest philmein

Thanks. You don't need to roll your eyes at me, that's not nice.

i only look for smile or frown no offence intendedblush.gif only just looked what these smilies mean im just getting to old i think

Guest glossywhite

i only look for smile or frown no offence intendedblush.gif only just looked what these smilies mean im just getting to old i think

Okay, sorry if I over reacted :)

@tillaz

Do you think I could replace the boot.img in all the ROMs I have, with this superboot one from Paul? Would that solve the issues? Also, could I put it into my CWM backups also, so I can get back to where I was before I messed up the previous OMC I sent back?

LOL :D

[uPDATE]

The clockworkmod backup didn't like me putting Paul's SB boot.img in it. Have given up restoring this way, and have dropped Paul's SB boot.img into BlueMonte Plus ZIP, and gonna do fresh install.

Thanks for your help!

[uPDATE 2]

That failed! :(

I've never EVER wasted SO much time on a mobile phone! I give up!

Edited by glossywhite

Okay, sorry if I over reacted :)

@tillaz

Do you think I could replace the boot.img in all the ROMs I have, with this superboot one from Paul? Would that solve the issues? Also, could I put it into my CWM backups also, so I can get back to where I was before I messed up the previous OMC I sent back?

LOL :D

[uPDATE]

The clockworkmod backup didn't like me putting Paul's SB boot.img in it. Have given up restoring this way, and have dropped Paul's SB boot.img into BlueMonte Plus ZIP, and gonna do fresh install.

Thanks for your help!

yes for roms based on the 2.3.4 android version wink.gif

>>>> but not for the 2.3.5 roms.. if you use pauls superboot on 2.3.5 you will brick your phone

Edited by tillaz

Guest philmein

i semi bricked my omc using 2.3.5 with pauls cwm

but the stock orange tpt image posted by DB006 brought phone back to life ( would only go into FTM mode)

Guest glossywhite

I think this phone is faulty. I am TPT'ing it back to defaults, and packing it away, ready to swap with the courier tomorrow. Far too much valuable time has been spent on such a trivial matter.

Thank you to you all! I appreciate your time and patience!

I think this phone is faulty. I am TPT'ing it back to defaults, and packing it away, ready to swap with the courier tomorrow. Far too much valuable time has been spent on such a trivial matter.

Thank you to you all! I appreciate your time and patience!

yep, i would do the same. smile.gif

Guest glossywhite

yep, i would do the same. smile.gif

Fourth OMC... can't believe it - haha!

Tillaz, you are a true gentleman (and a very clever one at that!). Thanks again my friend :)