Food for thought.

Guest Sami Beck

Guest Sami Beck

I was browsing the forums today when I saw a thread saying that orange are clearing out the OMC to make way for the ZTE crescent (San Francisco 2) then it clicked, perhaps the Crescent is the 1Ghz Skate, This seemed ridiculous until I had a think about it, then I realised why would a company make a 1GHz revision for normal consumers which IMHO seems silly as most people don't bat a eyelid to what processor is in a phone, What are your thoughts on the situation are you skate holders angry at the short life of your device compared to the blade? Let me know?

P.S If it is another 7227 I will personally write a letter to ZTE.

Guest glossywhite

I was browsing the forums today when I saw a thread saying that orange are clearing out the OMC to make way for the ZTE crescent (San Francisco 2) then it clicked, perhaps the Crescent is the 1Ghz Skate, This seemed ridiculous until I had a think about it, then I realised why would a company make a 1GHz revision for normal consumers which IMHO seems silly as most people don't bat a eyelid to what processor is in a phone, What are your thoughts on the situation are you skate holders angry at the short life of your device compared to the blade? Let me know?

P.S If it is another 7227 I will personally write a letter to ZTE.

"Angry"? Why would we be "angry"?

Time to step outside the relatively meaningless little bubble of technology, and out into the fresh air of the real world, and things that actually matter...

Edited by glossywhite

to me it looks to have a 3.5 inch screen & looks nothing like a OMC.... so i really cant see this been the case

BUT.. on another note, if they did release a 1ghz ARMv7 msm8255 OMC @ the same price & before xmas i would be very very ticked off at the least lol & would have my OMC ON EBAYmad.gif

Guest TouchyAndalou

Yes, obviously I'd be disappointed if the OMC was discontinued this early into its release. I think it's unlikely however, and like others have said, it makes more sense that the San Fran will be replaced by the Blade 2. The OMC could then fill the slot left by the San Fran, perhaps even dropping as low as £100 next year, while the Blade 2 could be their pricier, higher spec device.

While I like the OMC and look forward to eventually getting it unlocked, if there is truth to the rumour of it being discontinued, I'd probably look to sell mine on, as I'm not keen on having an unsupported device. I'm not sure I'd go for the Blade 2 however, as it'd be difficult to go back to that size screen after having owned a OMC.

Guest dadashi

Yes, obviously I'd be disappointed if the OMC was discontinued this early into its release. I think it's unlikely however, and like others have said, it makes more sense that the San Fran will be replaced by the Blade 2. The OMC could then fill the slot left by the San Fran, perhaps even dropping as low as £100 next year, while the Blade 2 could be their pricier, higher spec device.

While I like the OMC and look forward to eventually getting it unlocked, if there is truth to the rumour of it being discontinued, I'd probably look to sell mine on, as I'm not keen on having an unsupported device. I'm not sure I'd go for the Blade 2 however, as it'd be difficult to go back to that size screen after having owned a OMC.

it's not a rumour, it is discounted at £119....that's even cheaper than in china where it's made...

Guest painkiller_93

I don't think the Skate will leave unsupported, here in Spain it has been launched this month on movistar, and will be launched on november with Orange, also there is a publicity camapaign from ZTE in favour of the Skate, so we still have Skate for a long time.

Edited by painkiller_93