Changing the MEDION P4310's bootlogo

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

When i start my Medion P4310 i get a screen with a medion logo for a few seconds, then it changes to a green android logo then it goes to the bluemonte bootlogo.

Is there a way to change the first bootlogo, Because to whatever rom i flash the first bootlogo stay's the same...

Guest kevwales

When i start my Medion P4310 i get a screen with a medion logo for a few seconds, then it changes to a green android logo then it goes to the bluemonte bootlogo.

Is there a way to change the first bootlogo, Because to whatever rom i flash the first bootlogo stay's the same...

Hi

you can use this at your own risk, it works fine for me on my omc.

http://dl.dropbox.co...sh_bootanim.zip

It has a zte splash screen and spinning android coin for bootanimation, you can change these by draging your own splash or bootani into the zip.

copy the zip to sdcard and install with recovery.

to get the right image for splash screen follow this:

ThanksTo Kallt_Kaffee

1) Open/create an image in GIMP with a resolution of 480x800

2) Flip the image horizontally (make sure you FLIP don't ROTATE by 180 or text etc will be reversed)

3) Save The image as ".bmp" and expand the advanced settings menu

4) Choose The format as "16bit format R5 G6 B5"

5) Verify the file size as 768070 bytes

6) Save the file as "splash.bmp"

Good luck

Guest Wacky.ddw

I still have 3 questions:

1. So if this is rom independent you need to make a backup of the current bootanimation? Or wil reflashing the stockrom bring back te original bootlogo?

2. Allso is there a link with more bootanimations, that are compatible or are all android bootlogo's compatible?

3. Is there something to lookout for like having the right kernal/android version, before doing this?

Guest kevwales

I still have 3 questions:

1. So if this is rom independent you need to make a backup of the current bootanimation? Or wil reflashing the stockrom bring back te original bootlogo?

2. Allso is there a link with more bootanimations, that are compatible or are all android bootlogo's compatible?

3. Is there something to lookout for like having the right kernal/android version, before doing this?

1/ Reflashing stock rom will bring back original bootanimation, but not the splash screen = 1st screen ( if you want to keep original bootanimation, just delete bootanimation.zip from inside SKATE_Splash_bootanim.zip and it will only flash splash screen = 1st screen. if you only want to flash the bootanimation then delete splash.bmp from the SKATE_Splash_bootanim.zip)

2/ look here:

3/ i have flashed with all omc kernals and android versions with no problems.

Guest Wacky.ddw

1/ Reflashing stock rom will bring back original bootanimation, but not the splash screen = 1st screen ( if you want to keep original bootanimation, just delete bootanimation.zip from inside SKATE_Splash_bootanim.zip and it will only flash splash screen = 1st screen. if you only want to flash the bootanimation then delete splash.bmp from the SKATE_Splash_bootanim.zip)

2/ look here: http://android.modac...aper-packs-ect/

3/ i have flashed with all omc kernals and android versions with no problems.

Before i started i made a nandroid backup with clockworkmod recovery, so if anything goes wrong i could allways go back to the backup right or if i screw this up wont the phone do anything at all? I rather be carefull with this kind of stuff, and know what im doing before i mess up the phone without having waranty...

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest kevwales

Before i started i made a nandroid backup with clockworkmod recovery, so if anything goes wrong i could allways go back to the backup right or if i screw this up wont the phone do anything at all? I rather be carefull with this kind of stuff, and know what im doing before i mess up the phone without having waranty...

1/ correct

2/ There is always a chance that flashing can cause errors, hence the warning. but flashing the splash.bmp has never given me problems apart from image being wrong way around, to small or to big.

Guest Wacky.ddw

1/ correct

2/ There is always a chance that flashing can cause errors, hence the warning. but flashing the splash.bmp has never given me problems apart from image being wrong way around, to small or to big.

nevermind then :P i dont want to risk bricking the phone, as long as i can get into CWM recovery im willing to try it but if you cant there is no way back...

Guest Wacky.ddw

ThanksTo Kallt_Kaffee

1) Open/create an image in GIMP with a resolution of 480x800

2) Flip the image horizontally (make sure you FLIP don't ROTATE by 180 or text etc will be reversed)

3) Save The image as ".bmp" and expand the advanced settings menu

4) Choose The format as "16bit format R5 G6 B5"

5) Verify the file size as 768070 bytes

6) Save the file as "splash.bmp"

I asume i cant just flash these splash images since they are 1.126kb instaid of 750kb like the one you gave me, or do i just need to install the GIMP program and resize them? Cant i just do this in photoshop.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=794759

where did you find the tutorial?

Guest kevwales

Thanks respect + for helping, if i would have to figure this out by myself it would take me ages. And i would probably still mess up :P

Hey, no problem mate

Have fun ;)

Guest Wacky.ddw

I still have a question tough, the tutorial you gave me is for the ZTE blade. So how did you figure out it would work on the ZTE skta two?

1. In the topic on XDA i posted in the post above are many cool Splash screens, and the HTC allso has a WVGA(800x600) screen so is flashing those images safe because the size is different? In the tutorial about making splash.bmp's they say the bytesize needs to be 768070. but the HTC bmp's are bigger.

2. Will Clockworkmod give a error if the size is not right or just flash the image in a wrong resolution, size?

Or do you just recommend taking a image opening it in gimp again and saving it the way mentioned above?

Guest kevwales

I still have a question tough, the tutorial you gave me is for the ZTE blade. So how did you figure out it would work on the ZTE skta two?

1. In the topic on XDA i posted in the post above are many cool Splash screens, and the HTC allso has a WVGA(800x600) screen so is flashing those images safe because the size is different? In the tutorial about making splash.bmp's they say the bytesize needs to be 768070. but the HTC bmp's are bigger.

2. Will Clockworkmod give a error if the size is not right or just flash the image in a wrong resolution, size?

Or do you just recommend taking a image opening it in gimp again and saving it the way mentioned above?

I have both phones, the screen res is the same on both, Then trial and error testing.

1. Not tried any HTC

2. Just displays in wrong res for me.

3. Yes use gimp and convert HTC/others as above or make your own. example: put your name,address and pic.

:)

Guest Kayusumi

Hi,

I have changed my bootlogo and I think the file size is not a big issue you should concerned about.

What you should concerned is the format rgb 565 bmp.

Here is the tutorial:My link @#466

example @ about 1:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgzqpoSQE7A

Edited by Kayusumi