ICS lookalike ROM

Guest Krste

the swap addon should work as update.zip but with no permissions to allow it to work thats the problem, soooo i`ll fix rom and re-upload it in a bit :)

EDIT: also due to the fact the rom was not rooted/no permissions the hack for wifi connected would not work either............it is corrected now and will upload shortly

So the wifi is not working right? i've installed the rom 3 times and no wifi for me :(

When you will replace the links? Great work ;)

Guest Racerboy

So the wifi is not working right? i've installed the rom 3 times and no wifi for me :(

When you will replace the links? Great work ;)

i`m just about to upload them

I realized that there were no permissions for superuser, when I needed to use Titanium to restore a backup of an application. The strange is that the wifi works without problems, both in my home and in the work networks. Anyway, thanks again. cool.gif

Guest Racerboy

I realized that there were no permissions for superuser, when I needed to use Titanium to restore a backup of an application. The strange is that the wifi works without problems, both in my home and in the work networks. Anyway, thanks again. cool.gif

ya it was kinda strange for some people wifi worked but no permissions for root or SU which is odd as the hack for wifi needs root permissions i believe :blink: but i found wifi didnt work and had no root or SU, same with the camera i discovered that deadlink kernal uses newer source file liboemcamera.so and vamshi`s uses older version which was a bit of a ball ache to sort out :)

Guest Rahulj85

you guys know its nov 7th today, dont you? that means 3 more days till ics source as google anounced it, hope they dont mess even this up :D

any update on the release? i dont see anything on the net as yet.

Guest shharisree

correct :)

bt i use an app called swapper and i t allowed me to use 400mb(say) of disk space to use as v ram ..bt after reboot it reenables and again take some time to use that amount of space..

Guest shharisree

racerboy ...this rom ic3 v3 is really great. :D ..again thanking u ...now im getting a stable oc speed of 768 mhz... :D .(earlier.. i could just choose 806mhz bt hang at the moment...bt now stays 4 some time and then hangs ...thats a great improvement 4 me..

hope ..in the future roms ..more clockspeed with stability... :rolleyes:...this is something related with kernel...so im confident..the guys in the forum improve that.. :)

Edited by shharisree

Guest Racerboy

I find it a bit ridiculous having to install an application to manage swap files (this is Linux, after all)... I think I'll just skip using swap (eats battery like popcorn).

it may be the fact that its installed as addon that prevents it from running on start-up and not actually present in the rom source file when installed, if you extract the "21swapon" file from the swap_addon.zip and place it in the system/etc/init.d folder, save the modifed rom and reflash, if it works i`ll just have to include it as standard and not as addon, then its upto people whether they activate it or not

Guest Rahulj85

is it possible to increase the sensitivity a bit? i still find myself pressing hard on the screen (that too using my nails) almost 90% of the time. also during scrolling one can feel slight sluggishness in the response. even with go keyboard there is still 10% ghost clicks. and during calls, the content on the screen (contact image, call control buttons) look a bit tacky, overlapping each other.

Small things, but still make a huge difference in the userbility of the phone..:-)

Guest SoftStoner
it may be the fact that its installed as addon that prevents it from running on start-up and not actually present in the rom source file when installed, if you extract the "21swapon" file from the swap_addon.zip and place it in the system/etc/init.d folder, save the modifed rom and reflash, if it works i`ll just have to include it as standard and not as addon, then its upto people whether they activate it or not

I don't think that's the problem, as I have /system/etc/init.d/21swapon. I dug a little deeper into the (trivial) script...

#!/system/bin/sh

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
...and found this weirdness. It assumes a swap partition that doesn't even exist (I only have mmcblk0p1, as VFAT)! Shouldn't this be
#!/system/bin/sh

swapon /sdcard/<swap_file_name>

instead?

Edited by SoftStoner