USB mass storage not working properly on FR19

Guest vrowdy

So, I just installed CWM and flashed a freshly baked FR19 from the online kitchen.

I didn't specify custom kernels or anything strange, just the SQLite-patch and the other options I wanted.

When I connect the phone to the PC and turn on USB Mass Storage, I do get two letters in Windows Explorer.

Windows Virtual Disk Manager also shows both of them (internalSD and real SD) and also shows the correct size.

However, the filesystem is 'raw' or 'none'.

I also tried enabling USB debugging, but that doesn't help either.

In the FR19 there are some mentions of this bug, but it was in FR14 and a FR19 bug was fixed in online kitchen several months ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rowdy

Edited by vrowdy

Guest SuperSkill

So, I just installed CWM and flashed a freshly baked FR19 from the online kitchen.

I didn't specify custom kernels or anything strange, just the SQLite-patch and the other options I wanted.

When I connect the phone to the PC and turn on USB Mass Storage, I do get two letters in Windows Explorer.

Windows Virtual Disk Manager also shows both of them (internalSD and real SD) and also shows the correct size.

However, the filesystem is 'raw' or 'none'.

I also tried enabling USB debugging, but that doesn't help either.

In the FR19 there are some mentions of this bug, but it was in FR14 and a FR19 bug was fixed in online kitchen several months ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rowdy

Try another bake, maybe a custom kernel as well:)

Try another bake, maybe a custom kernel as well:)

Well, thanks for your suggestion but if I select the same options all over again, won't I have the same problem?

I can't just randomly select options until I find a combination where USB Mass Storage works?

Also, about the custom kernel, it states:

'This option includes the test MCK r20 custom kernel with TUN, CIFS, EXT4 support and more. This is in very early testing - please report results!'

So, this is very early testing and doesn't really sound reliable.

I welcome your suggestion but I do hope someone else here know a 'real' solution :)

Thanks anyway.

Guest MrOtacon

I remember reading about Wifi and Mass Storage having problems with Eternity - but that was months ago....

How about this.

Boot into CWM.

Connect USB cable and mount the device from the menu.

Can you access your SD card now?

Thats just to rule something changing on your computer.

Other than that - go with HP kernel?

You would be surprised actually. I've flashed before, had features not working - then wiped cache, system and dalvik - installed the same file again and things have all worked. not happened in a while - personally, I think it was due to the early version of CWM i was probably using, but like I said - It happens :D

Edited by MrOtacon

Well, I flashed GR4 with Paul's own custom kernel, and USB Mass Storage doesn't work there either.

It did always work on stock 10D, 20L, and also in CWM I can use the SD-card via USB.

Any thoughts?

Some more info: with fr19 I got two drives (cardreaders) and disk manager did see the correct size of both cards, but thought they were unformatted.

In gr4 with Paul's custom kernel, I get two drives as well (cardreaders), but Windows thinks they are empty and tells me to insert a card/disk into the drive.

Do other people with gr4 or fr19 also have this problem? Cwm is fine and I did a full wipe before I went to fr19 and also when I went from that to gr4.

Thanks for yoir help and answers.

Edited by vrowdy

Well, I flashed GR4 with Paul's own custom kernel, and USB Mass Storage doesn't work there either.

It did always work on stock 10D, 20L, and also in CWM I can use the SD-card via USB.

Any thoughts?

Some more info: with fr19 I got two drives (cardreaders) and disk manager did see the correct size of both cards, but thought they were unformatted.

In gr4 with Paul's custom kernel, I get two drives as well (cardreaders), but Windows thinks they are empty and tells me to insert a card/disk into the drive.

Do other people with gr4 or fr19 also have this problem? Cwm is fine and I did a full wipe before I went to fr19 and also when I went from that to gr4.

Thanks for yoir help and answers.

Well, I have resolved this issue...

I went somewhere else, to another computer. Connected the phone, installed drivers there and I could access both cards.

After that, I went back to my own computer, connected the phone and it worked again.

Strange, but well, it works :-)

Guest MrOtacon

Well, I have resolved this issue...

I went somewhere else, to another computer. Connected the phone, installed drivers there and I could access both cards.

After that, I went back to my own computer, connected the phone and it worked again.

Strange, but well, it works :-)

Something must have fubar-ed your com port config, or a dodgy USB port.

Glad you got it working man.