Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

So you want to unlock your OMC/Skate? You’ve come to the right place!

IF YOU UNLOCKED BEFORE THE MAC ADDRESS FIX GO HERE

All the stuff in the tutorial is simplified by me but the full credit for unlock has to go to xiaoyaoswim who originally posted this method here and also to John W who figured out how to save the WiFi MAC address.

THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF LOSING WARRANTY WHEN UNLOCKING.

YOU SHOULD INSTALL THESE DRIVERS FIRST - http://www.multiupload.com/BQ7VQOQA4L. If they don't work then try the drivers on the Superboot thread.

1. Google "QPST 2.7 Build 366". Click the first link and download the file beside "QPST 2.7 Build 366" and install it.
  2. Download this file and unzip it.
  3. Connect your phone to your computer and make sure that you have USB Debugging turned on
  4. Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.
  5. Remove your battery and disconnect the USB cable
  6. Now as you connect the phone to your computer press the volume down button. Don’t let go of the volume button until “FTM” comes up on your phone.
  7. You installed QPST in the first step. Now in the Start menu find "Software Download" which was installed by QPST.
  8. Click "Backup" on the utility and choose where to save the "QCN" file
  9. If your phone is not found then go to "QPST Configuration" in the start menu and add a port for your phone
  10. Click Start on the utility
  11. Make sure the file exists and is non-zero in file size before proceeding - if not try the previous steps again
  12. Go into the Unlock folder of the extracted zip file and run “download.exe”
  13. If you are sure you want to unlock press “START”!
  14. Sit through some hairy moments as it flashes itself and unlocks the phone.
  15. Go back to the "Software Download" utility.and click "Restore". Find the .qcn file you saved and restore it.
  16. Remove your USB cable, put the battery back in and any SIM of your choice – your phone is now unlocked!!
  17. OPTIONAL – Power on the phone and turn on USB Debugging.
  18. Go to “POST-UNLOCK FOLDER” and run the bat file again – this installs ClockworkMod
You now have a fully working unlocked Orange Monte Carlo / ZTE Skate!!

Guest Blue Gas

Would be really nice if some one could do a youtube walkthrough from an out the box OMC to unlocked!

I'm looking forward to being unlocked but completely lost by the thread on unlocking it!!!

So you want to unlock your OMC/Skate? You’ve come to the right place! All the stuff in the tutorial is simplified by me but the full credit for unlock has to go to xiaoyaoswim who originally posted this method here. I HAVE UNFORTUNTLEY BEEN UNABLE TO TEST THIS MYSELF BUT SEVERAL PEOPLE REPORT IT WORKING SO THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEMS. HOWEVER THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF LOSING WARRANTY AND MAC ADDRESS.

You should already have the required drivers installed at the beginning of the tutorial.

1. Go to Settings, About Phone, Status and note down the WiFi MAC address on a piece of paper. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.
  2. Download this file and unzip it.
  3. Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.
  4. Shut the phone down
  5. Remove your battery
  6. Get your USB cable ready. Now as you connect the phone to your computer press the volume up button. Don’t let go of the volume button until “FTM” comes up on your phone.
  7. Go into the Unlock folder of the extracted zip file and run “download.exe”
  8. If you are sure you want to unlock press “START”!
  9. Sit through some hairy moments as it flashes itself and unlocks the phone.
  10. Remove your USB cable, put the battery back in and any SIM of your choice – your phone is now unlocked!!
  11. Power on the phone.
  12. OPTIONAL – go to “POST-UNLOCK FOLDER” and run the bat file again – this installs ClockworkMod
  13. WiFi will not work as the phone has lost the MAC address. However, once you flash back to the ROM of your choice do the following:
    • Install ES File Explorer on your phone
    • Enable root mode on it and RW to system partition. This can be done in the app’s settings accessed by pressing the menu button
    • Go to /system/etc/nv_4319.txt and click it.
    • Open with Note Editor and scroll down until the the line saying “macadress=…”
    • Change the “…” to your MAC address you noted down.

You now have an unlocked Orange Monte Carlo / ZTE Skate!!!

On step 13, I don't know if it is the same for everyone, you will find "#macaddress=...." and in the next line you will find "macaddress=...". The # makes the difference as it makes that line not readable(it's commented), and why is this important you ask yourselves?

I explain: When I unlocked my phone through this method, after flashing the stock rom(I had CM7 before and a nand backup stored) I went and check my actual mac address and wrote it down. So I made this process of unlocking, successfuly, and simply made a restore of the old CM7 I had. After this restore I went to check the mac address and it was "11:22:33:44:55:66". So I went on the mentioned file "nv_4319.txt" and I saw those 2 lines(the # one and the simple one). On the # line there was a different mac address from the next line(11:22:33....) and different from what I wrote down before all this process. I simply copied the address that was on the # line to the mac address line, rebooted and all good.

After all, writing down my mac address before this was in vain :lol:

To OP: Nice tutorial, simple and all files in one piece!! Good job! ;)

Edited by D3abL3

Guest tilal6991

ftm flash says " Failed to find RecordCSV.sdi please select folder" whats going on here???

Do you not have the record.sdi file in the folder you are running download.exe from?

ftm flash says " Failed to find RecordCSV.sdi please select folder" whats going on here???

Ignore that.

@All: Yes, this really works! I unlocked my Optimus from Portugal, now Vodafone :D

Edited by D3abL3

Guest tilal6991

Ignore that.

@All: Yes, this really works! I unlocked my Optimus from Portuga, now Vodafone :D

So you tried my method and it worked? Because I modded some files.

Excellent if it did though.

Guest putbinoot

Anyone tried this? Does it work?

Just opened a can of tennents, looks like I should give it a go. By the time I have downloaded the files I should have my one can of dutch courage in me.