Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

Guest tilal6991

Guest mickyman550

Thanks a lot for the unlock tutorial, it work perfectly first time! I now have an unlocked OMC on GiffGaff.

Edited by mickyman550

Guest DirectCollect

Hi,

A question: I have installed superboot to give me root, so that I can run Ti Backup to save all my programs and data before trying this unlock.

I still have the stock Orange ROM on, and stock recovery, so I was going to start at step 5.

Can I still do this if I have installed superboot?

Thanks,

Guest sainteedean

Is there any chance that someone can make this possible through linux? As I am having the same problems as when I wanted to root the phone, where it says 'waiting for device' and nothing happens no matter what i try. My computer seems adamant not to want to do anything through windows...

GREAT JOB. its unlocked to German O2.

But 3G is not working. any ideas??

I also had this problem, this is what, i did installed new rom (Elitemovil skate). found in new rom section posted by dadashi.

new rom is great and 3g works verywell.

Is there any chance that someone can make this possible through linux? As I am having the same problems as when I wanted to root the phone, where it says 'waiting for device' and nothing happens no matter what i try. My computer seems adamant not to want to do anything through windows...

A linux tut has already been posted by chris and it can be found in this forum.

windows xp didn't work for me so i used windows 7 worked straight away.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

If I have already rooted my skate and loaded a new rom, can i still use this unlock?

Hi,

A question: I have installed superboot to give me root, so that I can run Ti Backup to save all my programs and data before trying this unlock.

I still have the stock Orange ROM on, and stock recovery, so I was going to start at step 5.

Can I still do this if I have installed superboot?

Thanks,

I'd be interested in the answer to this as well. Anybody?

It doesn't matter if you have installed superboot or not. The only important thing is that you must have stock recovery prior to unlock. So if you've stll got stock recovery you can skip step 4, otherwise just follow every step.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Although you can flash stock recovery back in Linux, you will have to do the unlock part in Windows. Please go to my topic on the driver problems of 'waiting for device'.

Guest sainteedean

Although you can flash stock recovery back in Linux, you will have to do the unlock part in Windows. Please go to my topic on the driver problems of 'waiting for device'.

I have tried this and it still doesn't work, now it doesn't even goto the green android, all it says is waiting for device. and I cannot flash to stock recovery in linux because there are no file for linux i.e. install-recovery-linux.sh etc.

Guest Electric_Candy

Thanks for the guide; I bought the Monte Carlo only because it could now be unlocked so thanks everyone for working on the unlock.

I had one worrying moment:

On Step 6 FTM would only come up if the battery was put back in the phone first; otherwise the phone would just vibrate and seem to reboot every 5 sec or so; I think I also got an intermittent green man but this cycle would go on for ever.

My sequence was: Put battery in phone, hold down - Vol, insert USB cable, FTM appeared after a few sec.

Not sure why I had to do it that way but it worked for me.

There is also the question of should the phone be shut down normally before this step or just remove battery and USB?

I think I tried it a few ways.

Maybe also step 18 should say to run "install-recovery-windows.bat" from the Post-Unlock folder as "run the bat file again" made me concerned I'd missed a step as we are not running the same copy of the bat file again; the last one was in the Preparation folder. It is probably the same file but to a newbie it could be confusing.

Not complaining by any means, just wanted to pass on my thoughts, the guide was actually a lot easier to follow than I expected.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Electric_Candy

Guest derby4life

bought my omc today but seem to be going round in circles now with the unlock get through to the final bit but it just says ''''system error xcsp_eclibdll is missing from your computer'''

any ideas guy's your help would be much appreciated :)

ok sorted now ....when you download the preparation folders and unlock folders make sure you unzip them into a folder and and use them from there instead of directly from the unzipper if that makes sense ....it works now any way :D

now to get rid of the orange gumph :)

Edited by derby4life

Guest syeventhedemon

hi just got omc and want to unlock it but have no idea about phone unlocking earlier some one said you have to do a wipe can anyone explain this to me as its not in tut

sorry for being so thick

thanks

Guest syeventhedemon

hi just stared tilals unlock tut but after plugging in the phone and running .bat file the phone stays on green man and doesnt reboot also it says waiting for device am i doing something wrong please help

thanks

Guest dibbles

@syeventhedemon - Read the ENTIRE thread as there are some points that have been clarified any issues found the solutions have been posted. I have unlocked two of these phones now and providing that you follow all the points in the first post exactly, once you have read the thread, then you should have no problems in unlocking yours.

Guest syeventhedemon

@syeventhedemon - Read the ENTIRE thread as there are some points that have been clarified any issues found the solutions have been posted. I have unlocked two of these phones now and providing that you follow all the points in the first post exactly, once you have read the thread, then you should have no problems in unlocking yours.

ok thanks but im not very good at this type of stuff and find that i dont understand all of what is said

just to clarify i dont have to install anything to the phone when i start just to pc

Guest DirectCollect

Thank you for the advice. I have now unlocked.

I was surprised I had to root again afterwards to restore my backup, but not a major issue.

It doesn't matter if you have installed superboot or not. The only important thing is that you must have stock recovery prior to unlock. So if you've stll got stock recovery you can skip step 4, otherwise just follow every step.

Guest sainteedean

can anyone tell me how i can get a .sh file so that I can flash the stock recovery using linux. This is my last attempt before I bin the omc as i cant unlock it using windows!

Guest sainteedean

why cant you.everyone else is doing it .

im guessing because theres an issue with my computer? definately not because im being stupid anyway! i couldnt do it with windows when i rooted it either, only with linux

Guest wrtease

well their is a lot of answers about how to do it.and i used win7 32bit and had no problems. their are also answers for linux about the forum to ,so just look through all post and topics and you should be fine.

I unlocked using Win7-64bit. Only issue I had was that there wasn't quite enough power from USB, even using apowered hub. The symptom was that the phone kept continually booting at the Green android screen every few seconds. I found I could boot to FTM and do the whole unlock with the battery in. Once I discovered that it all went perfectly.

YOU SHOULD INSTALL THESE DRIVERS FIRST - http://www.multiupload.com/BQ7VQOQA4L. If they don't work then try the drivers on the Superboot thread.

Sorry for being petulant, but are these drivers needed for Windows 7? My PC is able to see the phone in USB mdoe. I don't like to install unnecessary drivers in a bid to keep my machine running smoothly.

The phone is still stock (only just got it)... does this process install a custom ROM, or simply leaves you with your existing ROM?

Edited by Stu C