Could we start a topic on baseband flashing with tutorial and links to all known basebands?

Guest bollux78

Guest bollux78

Shouldnt we create a sticky topic about BB flashing and links to all knonw or useful versions etc?

Now we have GB official, CM7, Paul´s stuff, Topo´s stuff and a lot more. it´s time to make a real Baseband how and why here!

I know s**t about b flashingBB , been using stock 1035.21_20110725 Froyo BB and 3G is a little unstable no matter what you use (MIUI, CM, MCR, whatever) but battery and general stuff is alright.

Does anyone wnat to step up and start it? I think it would be uber useful for most pepople. Correct me if I´m wrong.

Cheers

Daniel

Edited by bollux78

Guest Simon Pratte

Shouldnt we create a sticky topic about BB flashing and links to all knonw or useful versions etc?

Now we have GB official, CM7, Paul´s stuff, Topo´s stuff and a lot more. it´s time to make a real Baseband how and why here!

I know s**t about b flashingBB , been using stock 1035.21_20110725 Froyo BB and 3G is a little unstable no matter what you use (MIUI, CM, MCR, whatever) but battery and general stuff is alright.

Does anyone wnat to step up and start it? I think it would be uber useful for most pepople. Correct me if I´m wrong.

Cheers

Daniel

There's already one.

That's great for understanding how to flash a new BB, and download all the options, but it's hard to see best combinations of BB/RIL for the different ROMs - e.g. I didn't know that CM/MIUI don't get on with the GB RILs, but is fine with GB BB (for me a rock solid combination is 0725BB with 0622 RIL).

There's already one.

Guest René Klunder

With time, your computer will gather an increasing number of unused drivers that not only take space on your hard disk, having been still installed, they might cause problems if they are somehow enabled. In some cases they can also cause hardware conflicts. And to make things worse, when you do want to use the same device after a long period of inactivity, even if you re-install an updated version of the driver, Windows might still use the older version of it.One of the most annoying issues with Windows is when your hardware manufacturer fails to provide a proper driver for the operating system. (LG united mobile 1.1, 2.1, 2.2, 3.4, 3.5......)

IMG_20111113_151302.jpg.scaled580.jpg

Your Windows7 or Vista based computer may have installed those LG-drivers from the Smartflash-tool and messed up. *I have been uninstalling hundreds of old drivers manually* . That's because these hidden-files can only be recognized by reading the properties before you can safely remove them. This is how I removed LG's old drivers (no free software ads!)

Doing this will speed up any PC but I've also removed the (hidden) Vista stuff from before my Windows7 upgrade which made it feel like a new PClaugh.gif........

About YOUR BASEBAND: It's only LGE-software that shows up 60 times where other frequently used USB-devices had two entries but LGE is all over the place - like in the picture.

I couldn't flash my O2x-baseband(725) just like two months ago when it was

perfect. But since I flashed the 725bb again with a "clean" PC (after I removed all LGE-drivers/software first) it's better than before.........

Other advantages are e.g: DroidExplorer now working on all machines/plugins, The PCsuite

and LG-update app checking take a few seconds to load/check (used to be 3 to 4 minutes)

Edited by René Klunder

Guest René Klunder

17/11 I'm using 823+V10c because when I tried to monitor the CPU-average,the 823+V10c with HSPA data connection (resting) CPU goes to high (max) and goes back to rest (216) in a flash where other bb's take longer before back -idle (when internet data are gathered or connections are corrected while you're on the go) My next action here could be the testing of the different RIL's (but the p990H-823 baseband stays)

Now don't forget I'm always on CM nightlies and KPN network in the Europe-Open section and can't share opinions about other roms.

There is something else that can be important for people's ideas about baseband-flashing: CM uses-int/ext SDcard (+ext4!) which might be the reason for when people complain about the SmartFlash session wouldn't wipe everything

.I'll be editing this when I find another baseband related item.

All Basebands

ROMtools apk

Fast dormancy, (mobiles&battery drain)

Edited by René Klunder